How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-07-2007
catch me if you can

I too have been addicted to the Kerastase Oleo Relax line, although recently it is not doing a good enough job on fighting the Florida heat and humidity. By the time I step out of my house and make it to my car, my hair has been going flat and becoming frizzy.

I went to Ulta and found Redken's Smooth Down line and I am really loving it a lot!! I purchased "Butter Treat" which is like an intense deep hydrating conditioner and then used "Heat Glide" leave in serum before I blow dried/flat ironed.

It is 92 and sunny out today and I had zero frizz issues when I went out this weekend. I definately reccomend this line to kill the frizz!!

16-07-2007
rising star

^ i have heat glide and just hate how heavy/sticky it is. it's even hard to wash off my hands. i can imagine how much harder i have to wash it out of my hair =\
i discovered the Phyto line and it is just amazing. it's super light but very effective. i may stock up on that next.

10-06-2008
front row

Damaged Hair (colored, bleached, heat styled)
I didn't see a recent post about this so I thought I'd start one.

Does anyone have frizzy, damaged hair?

My hair is FRIED after I dyed it black for years, then decided to try and bleach as much of it out as I could. I ended up with an uneven red so then I had to tone it w/ more red dye. I also blow dry & flat iron my hair daily because if I didn't I'd end up looking like Edina from Ab Fab.

Any way, I'm looking for some tips & good products to maintain the frizzy mess w/out making my hair all greasy. It's summer now and quite humid.

Thanks!

10-06-2008
tfs star

i do! i do! mines horrible. its platinum so it absolutely will not grow, but what i use to control it, is johnson & johnson leave in conditioner. you know, the baby stuff. works great.

10-06-2008
front row

^ thanks. i'll try it thanks. i swear that's what my mom used to use on my tangled messy hair as a kid.

10-06-2008
V.I.P.

My hair is in terrible condition. I've naturally got dark brown hair but I've been doing a full head of blonde highlights for around 5+ years, combined with straightening and blow-drying it every 2nd day

May hair stylist thinks the condition has been greatly improving over the past year, but it still looks like a damaged mess to me.

In Bloom

Highlighting + long hair =

Well...until I found Kerastase Masquintense, anyway

we were in love

10-06-2008
scenester

I know the feeling but after having had my hair bleched for years and I swear by the following........

L'oreal purple shampoo in the silver bottle - great for keeping brassiness away and then Redken All Soft conditioner

then

Redken Anti snap leave in conditioner

and as often as possible I put almond oil on my hair and leave it on overnight which really seems to work for me.

Hope that helps

PP

10-06-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh Princess View Post
I know the feeling but after having had my hair bleched for years and I swear by the following........

L'oreal purple shampoo in the silver bottle - great for keeping brassiness away and then Redken All Soft conditioner

then

Redken Anti snap leave in conditioner

and as often as possible I put almond oil on my hair and leave it on overnight which really seems to work for me.

Hope that helps

PP

ooh wow something called "anti snap"! my hair totally started to snap like elastic after bleaching it...so weird! i'm gonna try that.

15-06-2008
V.I.P.

My hair has responded really well to a product called Terax Creama. I found it on clearance at Harmon's for $1.42. It is excellent.

19-06-2008
front row

I think this would be the right place to ask this but last night I made the horrible mistake of trying to highlight my dark brown hair with an out-of-the box kit and now my hair is orange It looks awful and I hate it so much. Is there anything I can do to take away the orangeyness or darken it back to brown without dying it again because I want to change it ASAP but my hair is completely fried. Please help!

20-06-2008
rising star

^ You're probably not going to be able to get rid of the orange at home (if you went to a salon, maybe, but they might tell you to just leave it due to the risk of further damage bleaching to get rid of the orange would cause). You can probably put a brown semi permanent over it and it should hide the orange temporarily and then you can just retouch it when needed. You might want to choose one that has a bit of red in it so the orange parts don't go green... been there, done that!

24-06-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela xx View Post
I think this would be the right place to ask this but last night I made the horrible mistake of trying to highlight my dark brown hair with an out-of-the box kit and now my hair is orange It looks awful and I hate it so much. Is there anything I can do to take away the orangeyness or darken it back to brown without dying it again because I want to change it ASAP but my hair is completely fried. Please help!
I've been here. I went to the salon and they dyed my hair WHITE blonde when I just wanted a few highlights to brighten it up. I went back then they proceeded to put orange highlights in my hair which I did NOT ask for but got anyway. Anyways, $200 later I decided enough was enough. I fixed it with a box treatment and it looks wayyy better. I suggest getting an "ash" colour rather than a warm colour or else it will come out looking very bronzy and still orange. Maybe even a bit red. An ash will tone things down nicely
Best of luck !

front row

what do you use for your hair on humidity weather?..thanks

30-07-2008
front row

Late, but thanks for the responses joie and manner. Yea, I ended up dying over it with an ash brown color and turned out how I originally wanted it!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bleached, caring, colored, damaged, frizzy, hair, heat, styled