How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-09-2004
rising star

Caring for Damaged Hair (Colored, Bleached, Frizzy, Heat Styled)
i got my hair highlighted a few weeks ago and though i love it, it's gotten very dry, especially the ends would you please recommend some hair products to help my hair back to its shiny, healthy state? i have dark straight hair, about 3 inches past my shoulders. i have been trying to grow out my hair since march and i really don't want to cut it! thanks all!

17-09-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by iChelle@Sep 18 2004, 01:59 AM
i got my hair highlighted a few weeks ago and though i love it, it's gotten very dry, especially the ends would you please recommend some hair products to help my hair back to its shiny, healthy state? i have dark straight hair, about 3 inches past my shoulders. i have been trying to grow out my hair since march and i really don't want to cut it! thanks all!
[snapback]370664[/snapback]
I use Cat from Redken to build up my hair again if it gets dry from to much sun exposure...it has a very good effect on hair thats been highlighted too, combine it with a good conditioner and your GTG

rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by ELLE_ME@Sep 17 2004, 05:39 PM
I use Cat from Redken to build up my hair again if it gets dry from to much sun exposure...it has a very good effect on hair thats been highlighted too, combine it with a good conditioner and your GTG
[snapback]370689[/snapback]
hey thanks! now someone please recommend a conditioner?

17-09-2004
windowshopping

I just recently got my hair highlighted and had the same problem..

I use Rusk "calm" conditioner in my hair daily, its a concentrated conditioner, and its ph balanced with water too, which is a plus.
And for extra treatment (my hairs been dyed to hell and back) I use Joico Intensive Moisture Treatment two times a week. Its a 5 minute leave in conditioner that works wonders.

Hope you find something that works.

21-09-2004
rising star

thank you for the suggestions any other quick tips for shiny hair?

21-09-2004
front row

i just got my hair highlighted as well.. totally bleached out, resulting in totally dryed out!

i've been shampooing every other day, sometimes every day. but i only use a very, very, very tiny amount of shampoo and only on my scalp. then i use conditioner (redkin... ahh.. it's in a bronze tube, for very dry/damaged hair and bumble & bumble deep conditioner) all over, just not on the top.

i wonder how hot oil treatments would work? blowdry down the hair shaft, for sure. OOH!! this stuff from L'Oreal-- Vive Smooth-Intense Anti-Frizz Serum-- is pretty cheap ($7 or so) and works GREAT. it makes my hair shiny and smooth, but with no greasies. def try that!

21-09-2004
rising star

i thought i read somewhere that products with dimethicone aren't good because they seal all the moisture out resulting in drier hair?

24-09-2004
V.I.P.

AVEDA CURESSENCE conditionare has protein in it to restore chemically damaged hair. Do a deep condion every week, I recommend Redken Heavy Cream which moisturizes my heat/hair damaged shoulder length hair!

windowshopping

Try Karastase mask. I swear by it. I have frizzy and naturally wavy hair. I use it 1-2 x a week. Wash hair at night, put the cream on, wear a shower cap and go to bed. Wash it off in the morning shower. This stuff is wonderful.

02-10-2004
rising star

eek, wear the stuff and the shower cap while sleeping? isn't it a bit uncomfortable? =\

02-10-2004
windowshopping

At first, yes but it's not hard to get used to. For the result, it's worth. Some just leave it on as long as they can after they shampoo. Since my hair is very dry, I want to get the best result.

02-10-2004
V.I.P.

I have naturally wavy/curly hair that I blow dry straight & I love, love, love John Freida Frizz-ease hair serum. I use the light formula. You just smooth is through your hair while its wet then let it dry naturally or blow dry it... its the BEST stuff!

08-11-2004
front row

Caring for Frizzy Hair
i was wondering if someone could help me out

i wash my hair, put some straightening serum in it, and blow dry it.

- what sort of brush should i use to straighten my hair so it is smooth?
- should the hairdryer be hot, warm, or cool?
- any other suggestions?

i hate my hair

what have you done today to make you feel proud?
08-11-2004
Storm & Sommer

My hair is naturally curly..but last time I went to my hairsalon I had my hair straightend just for fun.
Besides a hairdryer she used a heated straightening iron..and as long as I didn't get my hair damp it stayed perfectly straight.
I think I read in a thread that PradaP mentioned another way of keeping hair straight..
she gets her hair thermally reconditioned once a year to get it dead straight..see thread.
I don't know what this process involves..you'll have to ask her

pinterest : hanneonpin
08-11-2004
front row

thanks Hanne

i dont actually want it dead straight.........i more want it very smooth and manageable.

i have heard that there is a specific type of brush you are supposed to use when blowdrying your hair straight though ?

what have you done today to make you feel proud?
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bleached, caring, colored, damaged, frizzy, hair, heat, styled