Chris McMillian/expensive hair stylist question - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-07-2005
windowshopping

Chris McMillian/expensive hair stylist question
I have had my last four haircuts go bad and I'm frustrated about it. Somebody said it'd help to go to a really really good, reputable stylist, like a higher end one, and my friend swears by Chris McMillian. I've booked an appointment with somebody besides him, who is said to be their best for my hair texture, etc., but I'm nervous - it's expensive which I don't necessarily mind paying, but more so, I'm worried that it's going to be as bad as all the other cuts I've had to date.

Have any of you gone to a really pricey hair salon and if so, was your experience good or bad? How about the quality of the work done on your hair?

09-07-2005
front row

the best hair stylist I've been to was an italian guy at the Hilton Metropole London
wasn't highest end (cost some 250 pounds for coloring and trimming), but people were literally stopping me on the street asking where i did my hair...
wonder if he's still working there...

09-07-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

I would say most people would think 250 for color/trim is pretty high end. Generally speaking, you will get a better cut by someone who is higher paid as they've worked longer, been reputable, etc. etc. but i just go to someone who has a place with a vibe that I enjoy. I've had lots of compliments on my hair and I go to a guy who owns his own salon in shoreditch. I would say he's mid-priced but his cutting suits me and my lifestyle. I would say go for it, if you don't mind the money, you have nothing to lose.

09-07-2005
windowshopping

thanks you guys. i'm nervous about it because to be honest, i want to stop having to wear my hair up, in braids, hats, all that. I'm sick of feeling like such a scrub

i'm going to get it done. hopefully, it'll turn out ok.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chris, hair, mcmillian or expensive, question, stylist