How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2006
V.I.P.

superior preferance by loreal has very nice ash tones, as well as that new natural match. in fact, I AM OBSESSED with the natural match dye. it stays in your hair unbeliEVABLY LONG and the colors are really nice! but a note, the colors tend to be a bit darker than you see on the box, so opt for a shade lighter.

garnier is, in my book, the devil of hairdye. crappy colors that dont stay in for more than one wash. my older sis uses it and i keep telling her to stop wasting her money!

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com

05-10-2006
front row

I found an article in which a number of hairdressers proclaim Feria to be the best home colourant. They say they can always tell someone who has used Feria, because the colours are so superior.

05-10-2006
V.I.P.

feria is nice, but i find the colors to be often unnaturally bright and after about 2 weeks it starts to fade and then you are constantly redying the hair. believe me....i did feria for about 1.5 years.....im trying to grow virgin hair again, but it's hard. i keep slapping myself on the wrist whenever i wander into the haircoloring section at rite-aid. .......

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
11-10-2006
front row

I'm thinking of dying my hair. I can't afford to go to someone else (I'm a student I live off Ramen and cheap beer hell no can I afford that). My problem is that my hair is so long that I always manage to miss spots no matter how I apply the color. I'm wanting to go from black to red so this time if I screw up it will be alot more obvious.

26-10-2006
leave me with your Borneo

does anyone have recommendations for a nice, rich but not too dark brown?

my hair's an ashy medium brown, and i actually prefer the texture of my hair after it's roughed up with a bit of processing.... so i color it a bit darker and more chocolate-y. i haven't found a color that's rich but lacking red/purple tones yet - any suggestions?

rising star

When I had darker hair I used to do it myself but now my hair is blonde I go to the hairdresser. I've tried to do it myself a few times but it's always ended in disaster. I pay more in getting someone to fix my hair every time I botch it than just going and gettting it coloured every few months by a professional.

For blondes: if you have Goldwell Colorance toner mousses in your country (I'm in Australia), use them- they are the best toners I have found to get rid of yellow/brassy tones.

29-10-2006
backstage pass

I like Revlon. $2.95 at Wal*Mart, and it always comes out great! Plus, they're ammonia and peroxide free so your hair won't get crunchy.

29-10-2006
fashion insider

I totally reccomend L'Oreal Preference hair color if you're worried about hair damage. A couple of hair stylists said that it was one of the gentlest hair coloring lines out there and it totally works for me.

I've been coloring my hair since I was a teenager and the majority of the colors have been from L'Oreal (I've even stripped my hair once or twice) and the texture of my hair is still great.

A month ago I got into a hair color emergency and ended up dying my hair three times with three different colors (dark blonde, golden blonde and then strawberry blonde) in less than a week and my hair still felt healthy afterwards because I used L'Oreal. Everyone was amazed that my hair felt silky, my sister was sure that all my hair would fall out

leave me with your Borneo

^^i just used preference this morning. i posted above about recommendations for a rich brown color - and i ended up using preference (the kind at beauty supply stores) mega browns in chocolate. it turned out really nicely! it's a medium chocolate brown with a lot of dimension, and it looks really shiny! buying it at sally beauty supply saved me a few dollars too....

scenester

I actually decided to go on my own the other day (the last time my $150 + colorist didn't even get my hair quite ashy brown enough)...and I used Loreal Natural Match...I have to say, it's the best I've ever used-I used to dye it years ago all the time w/friends. Really simple, subtle. Basically great for getting processed hair to brighten(tone wise), cool down, or go darker.

windowshopping

I use L'Oreal Preference and I agree, it doesn't damage my hair.

26-05-2007
trendsetter

L'oreal Excellence Creme is the least damaging, and stays the best. I also like Ion Color Brilliance, which you can get at Sally's. You have to buy everything seperately, which is great for custom mixtures. It didn't damage my hair at all. I don't think I would use anything else. There are some really aweful at-home dyes.

29-05-2007
front row

I've been using Feria from l'Oreal for the last 4 years and it works great on me, plus it doesn't dammage my hair at all.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) http://www.myspace.com/74783036
30-05-2007
trendsetter

Clairol always for me. Loreal dyes just look so, well, metallic sometimes.

Fashionably Late

Are there any brands that don't have harsh chemicals in them?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brand, coloring, hair, home, recommendations