How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-07-2007
Fashion Designer

I want ot dye my hair red. i used garnier-something for a while and it was great after the first shampoo, the color just goes away with the water. i have dark brown hair now but i want it red again, i love it red! i just did it brown cause my mom and dad hated it, but i really like it and want to do it again. i dont know whats the best brand, since red fades quickly id need to dye it every three weeks or so and i want my hair to look healthy and pretty, not dammaged or not red..i cant afford to go to the salon every three weeks...

24-07-2007
rising star

i dyed my hair at home lastnight since i'm soo sooo poor at the mo and it looks fine... except my roots are lighter than the rest of my hair so they came out bright red whereas the rest of my hair is a dark reddish brown colour :-s looks a bit odd in the sunlight. other than that my hair feels healthy. i used loreal dye.

24-07-2007
fashion insider

I mainly use L'Oreal, although I haven't dyed my hair for ages. I also used Schwartzkopf before for a subtle healthy colour, but it washed out quicker than l'oreal.

24-07-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellat View Post
I want ot dye my hair red. i used garnier-something for a while and it was great after the first shampoo, the color just goes away with the water. i have dark brown hair now but i want it red again, i love it red! i just did it brown cause my mom and dad hated it, but i really like it and want to do it again. i dont know whats the best brand, since red fades quickly id need to dye it every three weeks or so and i want my hair to look healthy and pretty, not dammaged or not red..i cant afford to go to the salon every three weeks...
clairol nice n easy in reddish blonde. If you bleach your hair out first, it will be BRIGHT red. No blonde whatsoever. Just BRIGHT flaming RED. Natural looking too

front row

loreal has a new Casting (Amonia Free) range out...my mom tried it out last night, and it provided great gray coverage and her hair felt so soft..I'm thinking of trying one of their highlight coloring kits...anyone tried those? recommendation for a brunette effect?

10-08-2007
fashion elite

Yes! I Know which onee you mean!! L'oreal casting crème gloss and I wouldn't recommend it to a brunette it turns orangish/purple(well not purple but that colour in between you know). Hair salon is what I always recommend to brunettes.

trendsetter

I have just gone from blonde to brunette using the L'Oreal Casting Creme, I think it looks good. But does with definetly wash out within the 28 washes...or does it take longer? I am worried now because my graduation is next month and I want to be back to blonde by then.

21-08-2007
fashion elite

It takes even less, or at least it did to me plus the hair starts going lighter with each washing so the colour won't last brunette not even in those 28 washes anyway.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
It takes even less, or at least it did to me plus the hair starts going lighter with each washing so the colour won't last brunette not even in those 28 washes anyway.
Oh good! Thank you so much for the reply!

Its not that I do not like the brunette colour (its gorgeous) but I would like to be back to blonde for my graduation pics' - lol.

21-08-2007
fashion elite

Is that colour(the one in your avatar) the new one?? Very pretty though it seems lighter, by the way which colour did you exactly use(maybe be share it)?

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Is that colour(the one in your avatar) the new one?? Very pretty though it seems lighter, by the way which colour did you exactly use(maybe be share it)?
Yes it is my new colour! I used 'Vanilla Caramel':

It is still a lovely colour now it is washing out and has a gorgeous shine! What colour have you used?

22-08-2007
trendsetter

Looks as yummy as it sounds haha.

I find Boots Botanics semi permanent is great , makes my hair really shiny doesn't smell awful , and it lasts !

trendsetter

Oooh can somene help me please!?

Two weeks ago I coloured my hair 'Vanilla Caramel' with L'oreal Casting Creme and it has nearly washed out now and is like a dull dark blonde (I am naturally blonde). Do you think it would be ok to use the L'Oreal Casting Creme in 'Pearl Blonde' now to make it lighter and brighter? Or will it make it go green or ruin it...?

Hope someone can help! Need to know ASAP, as graduation is on Thurs'. Thank you!!!

04-09-2007
trendsetter

^^ Anyone?

16-09-2007
trendsetter

I see most people like to color with chemicals. I use body art quality henna, and so far its been really nice, glossy, reddish, and relaxing for my hair. I also use Cassia as a gloss in between. All from hennaforhair.com. I used to use Manic Panic, and L'Oreal but the chemicals stunk and made me itch.

And cosmogrl5 there's 0% chemicals in henna.

Last edited by lollicandy; 16-09-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brand, coloring, hair, home, recommendations