How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-06-2008
Brooklyn, baby!

Do you think it could be caused by the sun? I notice that my scalp gets a lot dryer in the summer months. Maybe you could try applying sun lotion to your part line when you're outside?

Also, how often do you wash your hair? Dandruff can happen when you shampoo either too often or not often enough.

03-06-2008
Unveil Yourself....

Well, it's not that sunny here in cloudy Holland....I shampoo once every two days.

twitter.com/ErikP87
03-06-2008
Brooklyn, baby!

Hmmm... Once every two days seems fine. Are you under a lot of stress right now? Stress can be a cause of dandruff too.

Do you have Neutrogena's T-Gel shampoo in Holland? It's what my friend uses when she gets bad dandruff and she says it works great.

03-06-2008
The future is stupid

Do you have access to Neutrogena products in the Netherlands? If so...I would suggest trying T/Gel. I had a terrible scalp problem once which was the result of an allergic reaction to hair dye & this cured it quickly and thoroughly.

03-06-2008
Unveil Yourself....

Hmmm, I have never heard of that before....I will be on the lookout! And actually, I have been under some stress lately, it may be related. Thanks!

twitter.com/ErikP87
03-06-2008
V.I.P.

merged with existing thread

04-06-2008
In Bloom

My scalp gets irritated by shampoos with silicone, so once in a while I use The Body Shop's anti dandruff ginger shampoo...absolutely silicone free and it makes my scalp feel really good.

we were in love

19-06-2008
windowshopping

Nizoral shampoo is something that really helped with my dandruff. It used to be so bad (greasy, itchy, etc.), but after a couple of weeks using this it cleared up.

13-03-2009
backstage pass

^ Nizoral did NOTHING for me expect made my thin hair THICK for a while which was good thing but dried my scalp out really bad! maybe i left it on for too long?!?

im growing my hair out right now so the problem is getting worse im gonna try T/Gel

14-03-2009
rising star

this is kind of off-topic/on-topic...
but is it true that head & shoulders dandruff shampoo makes you lose your hair?! i feel nuts for asking, but a few of my friends swear that it does.
i might need a good dandruff shampoo soon because i'm starting to notice a little in my hair..

backstage pass

^ iv used it for few weeks i dint experience any hair fall from H&S it worked for a while but use too make my hair really greasy the next day

31-03-2009
rising star

When I was younger I developed dandruff that wouldn't go away, as well as hard, flakey skin patches on my scalp. After a lot of common commercial products and frustration I visited a dermatologist and found out that I had eczema on my scalp. She helped me find a decent shampoo to calm everything down and bring it under control.

My eczema sort of vanished after a couple of years, and the dandruff went with it.

09-12-2009
THE STRANGER

Ugh... I am having dandruff problems now. I think it might be the hot showers and weather change that's doing it. I hate anti-dandruff shampoos, they never work for me and they always end up making my hair incredibly dry.

rising star

I've heard that using all natural virgin coconut oil on your scalp can help reduce dandruff. Google it - it's worth a try. Coconut oil is really cheap and makes a great deep conditoner and body moisturizer.

THE STRANGER

^I just read into it and it makes sense - I actually have a bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil lying around in the kitchen, so I'm gonna try it on my scalp tonight. Thank you so much for the suggestion, karma for that!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dandruff