How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-11-2007
scenester

Dandruff
lately i am suffering from dandruff i'm already using a dandruff shampoo but it doesn't seem to help too much. normally when i had dandruff i just had to use it once or twice and the problem was solved. this time the dandruff isn't in my hair but when i am wearing something black you see it on the shoulders and back also when i feel the back of me head (a bit above the neck) i can feel that the skin there is kinda "hard" or something and i am picking at it which worsens the dandruff of course does anyone have an advice for me? i'd be so grateful...it really seems like the skin is kinda dry or something and that's why the dandruff is there but i don't know what to do about it...

24-11-2007
front row

i use dandruff shampoo cause i never like to wash my hair, and i wear my hair dirty... so it cleans it really good when i do wash it

try neutrogena t-gel or selsun blue

04-01-2008
tfs star

I have the sam problem and yes it sucks!!

I tried using Anti-Dandruff Shampoos like Head and Shoulders and one from Pantene ProV but they didn't work.
But Selsun Blu helped a lot!
I recommend it.

Make sure that after you apply the shampoo and conditioner, you rinse out your hair a lot and make sure that no shampoo remains especially above the neck.

Another tip - don't change shampoos and conditioners too often.
Choose those that work best for you and stick to them.
I always used to use Pantene Pro V and never had any dandruff, then I started using L'Oreal and Herbel Essences and my hair became....****
I think all the different chemicals irritates your scalp sometimes if its sensitive.

Stress also causes dandruff so relax

Hope I helped!

front row

Crush 4 or 5 aspirin/dispirin and mix them with Selsun Blue or another anti-dandruff shampoo. Works miracles!

23-01-2008
doldrums

Tea tree oil. Mix it with the shampoo or apply it to the scalp before shampooing. It smells mediciney but works.

30-01-2008
V.I.P.

I've been using Selsun Blue for a while now, and I think that's why it has stopped working. I remember first trying it and it felt like such a relief. I think I'm going to try Head and Shoulders just because the smell isn't as overpowering- a friend of mine remarked the other day that I smell like Chinese medicine....

User Friendly

I had bad dandruff then I realized the reason was because I was taking REALLY REALLY hot showers and i would wash my hair with HOT HOT water (I LOVE hot showers..) .. this probably isn't your problem, but just in case it is.

My dandruff went away in days once I turned down the heat.

20-03-2008
V.I.P.

i just generally tend to have dandruff. though i find it helps to get my hair washed. like, professionally. i guess it's all that scalp massaging that makes the difference.

03-05-2008
silent sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA View Post
I had bad dandruff then I realized the reason was because I was taking REALLY REALLY hot showers and i would wash my hair with HOT HOT water (I LOVE hot showers..) .. this probably isn't your problem, but just in case it is.

I had the same problem..scalding water can really hurt the scalp
Head and Shoulders is good though

rising star

^When i had dandruff problems i used head and shoulders and it worked really well.
Also, you should always blow dry your hair immediately but bend down while drying because it dries faster. If you don't dry your hair, then you'll have more dandruff.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA View Post

sounds like it means the scalp is just super dry

i've read some accounts of people ending their dandruff days by adding conditioner to their hair-washing routine
as moisturizer

18-05-2008
backstage pass

here is a tip, my boyfriend has curly hair and really dry scalp (he has thick hair as he is mixed black and south american so you can imagine!) he uses this kind of thick moisturizing cream that smells like coconut and has the texture of vaseline. I know it sounds disgusting but you rub it in your scalp (same way you would do like an olive oil mask for your scalp/hair) and leave it in overnight or for a few hours, then shower and wash it off with selsun blue or head and shoulders and..hey if it works for him i'm sure it will work for you guys.

18-05-2008
V.I.P.

^what's it called, weoui

--

has anyone used Dr. Bronner's all-in-one soap ?
There are many reviews saying it works
They recommend peppermint or tea tree oil types --not sure why

18-05-2008
backstage pass

^^ African Gold, and no you dont have to have african hair for it to work..its just really thick stuff but its what works on dandruff. Many people do olive oil treatments but this just smells better. and you dont feel like you're cooking on your scalp.

03-06-2008
Unveil Yourself....

Dandruff
In the past few months I've been experiencing the displeasure of dandruff. It wasn't bad at first, but it's really annoying now and my scalp itches a lot lately. I've used like a million shampoos that claim to stop it but to no avail. I haven't talked to my hairdresser yet, but do you guys maybe have any tips on how to control the dandruff and get my scalp back in order?

This is kind of embarrassing for me to throw it out in the open, so be nice

twitter.com/ErikP87
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dandruff