How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-06-2006
trendsetter

I wear bangs and I have straight hair, but not dark.
Mine is more like the Cat Power haircut.

But sometimes, I find it uncomfortable to wear a long bang as I do, because I wear glasses

Zooey hair is perfect!

21-06-2006
V.I.P.

I have dark hair and on more than one occasion have been very much tempted to have bangs/a fringe but I know it won't work. My hair is slightly wavy and light. If I had bangs, they'd just fly back and look really messy.

22-06-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
My hair is slightly wavy and light. If I had bangs, they'd just fly back and look really messy.
If you have a straightener it takes 1 minute in the morning to just fix up your bangs! I have straight hair, but my fringe tends to go in all directions after I've slept on it...it takes no time to get everything to sit right using the straightener. So if you've got one, don't let it hold you back!

22-06-2006
mme
backstage pass

My hair is naturally dark and I have it cut with bangs. I grew it out, it's more to the side now... but I always have to push it out of my face! I want this next :

Alexis Bledel in (I think) the latest season of Gilmore Girls. I think she looks great!

22-06-2006
vertebrae by vertebrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestar07
I have dark hair and on more than one occasion have been very much tempted to have bangs/a fringe but I know it won't work. My hair is slightly wavy and light. If I had bangs, they'd just fly back and look really messy.
I have very thick and curly hair and I have got bangs. I straighten my hair fully every few days but in your circumstance I agree with Little Star's post... you could easily just straighten them with a flat iron in a couple of seconds. Also if you pull downward then they should weigh themselves down a bit as well as putting a small bit of product in (for added weight) after straightening would work even better if your hair is light. it would also keep them looking sleak

23-06-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
I want this next
I agree, Alexis looks great there! I'm envious of her long layers with her bangs, my hairdresser shaped my layers around my face too much the last time

23-06-2006
V.I.P.

Thanks little star and inaya .... but guess what .... I'm a very lazy person especially in the mornings so using the straightener ... that might work for just the first couple of days!

23-06-2006
vertebrae by vertebrae

haha fair enough

23-06-2006
V.I.P.

I love love love Irina's hair! And I adore Zooey's! This look is sexy, mysterious, dark and innocent at the same time IMO, it's amazing!

23-06-2006
trendsetter

When Marija V first started making waves on the runway she had big thick bangs:

Petra N tried out the look in 2004

Adriana L looked amazing with the bangs, especially compared with her 'do today, which is too streaky and fake looking.

Alessandra A looks stunning, but i think it was just a wig for a show.

Diana K chopped her hair shorter and got bangs when she was making her comeback in 2005

The Jessica Alba pic on the other page doesnt do her any justice, it was just a bad hairdo for one event. Generally she looks fabulous with bangs.

Sources:
Style.com
Stardust.com
VictoriasSecret.com
Ale's thread
Polaroid thread
Jmazone.de

23-06-2006
trendsetter

Vika S was sporting bangs for a while and it really perked her eds up

Lindsay F has bangs more often than she does not, and it works for her strong jaw.

Every time that I see Maja gaze through her long dark bangs I have been reminded why she will always be in my top 5 faves.

Maria Carla looks perfect with bangs.

Olga K occasionally wears bangs and it really adds to her face.

Valentine F.C. is the dark hair and bangs archetype, along with Irina L.

Sources:
ultrany
herfamedgoodlooks
supermodels.nl
superiorpics

23-06-2006
V.I.P.

OMG!!! I Adriana's bangs!!!!

24-06-2006
windowshopping

i have bangs with black hair atm.. but for some reason i think its odd wearing 'em with short hair. heres a pic of my hair.. what do u think guys?

24-06-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizawa
i have bangs with black hair atm.. but for some reason i think its odd wearing 'em with short hair.
I think so too in fact I'm letting my hair grow and I wear my bangs divided

24-06-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizawa
i have bangs with black hair atm.. but for some reason i think its odd wearing 'em with short hair. heres a pic of my hair.. what do u think guys?
I like your hair like that! It looks very pretty. I actually think short hair with bangs can really compliment certain face shapes, and your face doesnt seem too round, so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.
That kind of hairdo is very popular on asian or eurasian models, and it's easy to see why. because it looks so lovely:

Ming

Du

Juliana

The short hair with bangs look can be done well on any race, as we can see with Natalie

Barbara

Helena

Luciana

Sources:
Models.com
Style.com
Stardust.com
Fashionstock.com
Famousbabes.com
Helena and Luciana's threads

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags