How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-07-2004
scenester

Ok so i was wearing my hair in a really short pixie type cut, almost a year ago i decided to grow it long. It feels like it's taking forever, and every stage has just been BAD. I just don't know what to do with it, i feel fed up, have looked at tons of pictures and just can't find anything i can do. My hair is EXTREMELY thick, with an annoying kink at the ends so it just sticks up everywhere! I had one haircut throughout the growing-out process and it made it worse as it was a disaster mullet cut with loads of layers. At the moment it looks disjointed, kind of like a Rachel / early Friends haircut= Very Ugly! The longest layer just touches my shoulders. Can anybody help me? Please?

17-07-2004
Fierce Flava

I had my hair Kelly Osbourne short and now its up to my shoulders too....I don't know but if u find something kool you like you should cut it to even it out a bit....I still havent cut my hair for a few months now that I started to grow my hair out...I'm not going to until Aug....I just striaghtened my hair down or made soft waves in it when I felt but usually I played around with kool tied up looks...buns, messy updos, and pompadours....so maybe you can do the same if u choose not to cut yet...as for the kinks on the end maybe they're split ends?...mines kinda like that from ironing ....I use John Frida frizz ease to tame it down and just use products to make it move the way I want.

17-07-2004
scenester

Thank you for responding, and so fast too, i really like this board
The kinks at the end are unfortunately just that, i have a 'definate wave' in my hair which i hate cos it is neither straight nor properly wavy/ or curly. Though the fact that it hasn't been cut in a while probably wouldn't help as the ends are feeling rather dry. I have been wearing my hair up all the time too, i am very sick of pony tails, buns and pig tails though- i just wanna be able to wear it down god dammit! Hopwfully i will come accross something, i am trying to stay away from a bob though cos i've done that before and am a bit over it. But it does seem like the typical solution. Maybe somebody else will have a suggestion? Thanks again.

Oh yeah - what's a pompadour? Is that like those quiff type things?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
desperately, head!, mop