How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-12-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
^Wash your hair less frequently is the only way to give your scalp a break. I just prolong the days between washes with dry shampoo, it can't replace a good wash IMO.
I agree.

Also, eventually your scalp will adjust to a more tolerable oil production after a while.

01-12-2010
V.I.P.

Thanks guys

13-11-2011
front row

Best Dry Shampoo and Best Conditioner
What is your favorite dry shampoo? After a day, my roots are so greasy and it really weighs my hair down and makes it look thin.

Does anyone have any brands that they swear by for dry shampoo? My friend uses Suave..but I was hoping for a more professional product.

Also, what is the best condition you've ever used? I've been using Aussie, but I just read that it's actually not good for your hair! So now I need a new one

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

I have heard that TIGI makes the best dry shampoos!
Well, this is not really a dry shampoo TIGI bed head candy fixation sugar dust root lifting powder
(what a name....)
Quote:
TIGI Candy Fixations Sugar Dust is a styling, micro-texturizer from TIGI. The perfect quick fix for style problems and an instant lift.

TIGI Candy Fixations Sugar Dust absorbs your hairs oil so that you can achieve a textured look with ease. For a layered look apply Sugar Dust throughout your dry hair, and use your fingers to get the best results.

Gorgeous says this micro-powder texturizer is the perfect solution to all of your flat hair worries. The perfect size to carry in your handbag, so you can achieve quick and easy volume wherever you are, especially during party season!

Directions of Use:
  • Sprinkle into roots and tease hair for instant volume
  • Sprinkle throughout hair for a layer, texturised volume lift
gorgeusshop.co.uk

I did try it and it works well!!

don't look down

When it comes to dry shampoo, I think what makes the most difference is choosing a coloured one, so that it blends into your hair, instead of giving you that white-powdered 'Marie Antoinette' look.

In other respects, because dry shampoos are based around cheap ingredients such as corn starch, it seems to me that when you buy an expensive brand, you're paying for hype rather than performance, although that would be nothing new in the world of beauty.

What would motivate me to spend a little more on a product is an improved scent, because some of the cheaper brands have a distinctive smell, but adding perfume and other such touches still wouldn't truly account for the inflated price of dry shampoo in some haircare lines.

I use Batiste in brunette, and never had a problem with performance, but I will say, when you wash it out, it colours the water and can stain your towels, although it always rinses away.
Posted via Mobile Device

14-11-2011
tfs star

I totally forgot why Batiste dry shampoo interested me in the first place. Now that I remember there's a brunette one I need to go back to the store since they're started stocking it here recently.

13-07-2012
scenester

I use baby powder. Soaks up all the oil. Just use it on the scalp and only a little bit because it can dry up your ends.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dry, shampoo