How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-04-2009
Ina
rising star

Dying Hair Dark?
I have a weave at the moment. Meaning pretty blonde! I want to go dark and am considering doing it myself because of money issues. Does someone have any tips for me?

05-04-2009
V.I.P.

how dark? If you're planning to dye your hair black, good luck! My hair is jet black right now and it's soooo difficult to dye it another color. I have to either wait for my natural hair to grow out or bleach it out and dye it.

06-04-2009
windowshopping

i would seriously consider before going really dark. im naturally quite a medium ash blonde and its so hard to get that color back (if you ever get that idea in the future) after having almost black hair for a year. and bleaching will make the hair yellow or not bright enough first and you'd have to wait a couple of weeks before bleaching again...

having said that, if you think darker hair looks better on you, go for it. i know dark went well with my bone structure, but the negative sides are that my skin is quite light and its too contrasty. also consider that youd have to dye the eyebrows too and roots often, if you have light hair

i wouldnt recommend dying at home - my hair turned weird orange brown (dyed with some schwarzkopf brillance color. i think that was the brand) - but if youre more experienced than i, i think you could make it. its far easier to dye hair darker than getting it lighter

06-04-2009
V.I.P.

idk about dyeing a weave dark.... wouldn't it be safer to have the weave taken off, dyed and put back on? with the braids and all.... maybe next time you're going in for weave maintenance.

06-04-2009
I don't know

you should definately keep in mind that dying your hair darker is really something you have to be good at maintaining it because whenever your hair grows just a tiny bit it will look really weird so because of that it will be expensive since you have to continue dying it very often

and it's a pain to go lighter again if you dye it really dark

07-04-2009
V.I.P.

the thing is, it's weave. so most of the real hair on her scalp can remain their natural color. actually, since you got a weave, why not have it taken out and replaced with a lacefront? new hairstyle and color w/o the commitment.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dark, dying, hair