How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-02-2009
tfs star

Thats so weird about the date thing! I wonder if its true?
My hair seems to grow quite quickly, or maybe its just because I tie it up every day for work so when I have it down it shoks me! But its nearly overing my breasts now so I want to get it longer for the fun of it, I have never had it this long. I'll be using these tips!

14-02-2009
trendsetter

what I have found that works very well to get my hair to grow, honestly, are a few simple common sense things. Keep it moisturized and give it protein when it needs it, take your vitamins, and if your ends get split and rough trim them a little so they don't travel up the hair shaft inches and begin to break off.

backstage pass

Morning

2 omega 3 fish oil supplement in the morning

2 Vitamine E supplement in the morning with Omega 3

After Lunch

1 Biotin supplement after Lunch

Before Bed

1 Calcium supplement

2 Vitamine B-complex with Vitamine C

2 omega 3 fish oil supplement

I just started from last monday and wow wat a diffrince it has made my hair looks thick/full and healthy and SHINEY & my dandruff is not that worse anymore i hope it gets better tho and my skin!! i have super perfect complextion right now im really glad & my hair looks like its growing faster its a +

Last edited by xhommex; 20-03-2009 at 10:38 AM.
20-03-2009
the crying of humanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon View Post
Hair grows 4-6 inches a year but slow in the summer and fast in the winter.
I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to point out that it's actually the opposite - hair grows slow in the winter and fast in the summer. I've read that it has something to do with the heat from the sun, but I don't know how much of a difference it actually makes.

Last edited by seanutbutter; 20-03-2009 at 01:06 PM.
30-03-2009
front row

its the vitamin E in the sun, this encourages growth

30-03-2009
rising star

I love Phyto products to encourage hair growth (the vitamins), but the Anti-Aging line helps to increase the diameter which makes your hair look and feel thicker, but not sure it really makes it grow? BUt whatever, if it looks and feels thicker...thats fine by me

31-03-2009
rising star

I'm trying to grow my hair. It's fine but I have a lot of it. At the moment it is foiled (ie bleached) and coloured, but I very rarely heat style, which hopefully offsets the bleaching.

For the last 6 or so weeks (maybe 8 weeks, I can't remember) I've been taking silicea gel mixed in with orange juice in the mornings, fish oil (3x day), zinc (1x day), biotin (3x day) and a multi-B complex (1x day). My hair usually grows quickly but since taking the above, it's grown like crazy. I had foils put in 7-8 weeks ago and it's grown about an inch and a half, maybe a little more, since then.

So far as shampoo goes, the shampoo I've noticed that's had an effect on how my hair feels (ie thickness) is Mastey Enove shampoo. I used to hate this shampoo because I never thought it cleaned my hair very well but I pulled it out of my product graveyard the other week (under the bathroom sink ) and use it nearly every day (other days I used a blonde shampoo) and while I don't believe it can actually physically thicken my hair, it certainly feels and looks thicker.

01-04-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by joie View Post
I've been taking silicea gel mixed in with orange juice in the mornings, fish oil (3x day), zinc (1x day), biotin (3x day) and a multi-B complex (1x day). My hair usually grows quickly but since taking the above, it's grown like crazy.
same here my hair llooks the best atm its been over 2 weeks now im loving the results :p

03-04-2009
front row

i just bought some indian hair oil today, vatika and some other one (i cant read hindi) that is meant to be mixed oils. indian women have such beautiful, long, thick and healthy hair so whatever they use is good enough for me! it was hard to find a product without henna. most of them contain henna to give their black hair a tint and keep it glossy looking but i'm naturally blonde and didn't want to end up with tie-dye hair.

i'll let you know how it ends up! i'm praying to the hair gods that if i massage it into my scalp once a day that i will see results!

front row

I just bought some Biotin a few days ago after reading online that it helps hair grow, I was wondering if it has worked for anyone here? And if so, how long did it take to start seeing results? Do you recommend taking any other vitamins with it, I take 2 fish oil capsules a day but not sure if any other vitamins would aid the biotin.

03-04-2009
front row

^ I take biotin, but I'm kind of lazy and forgetful so its on an irregular basis. However, I know that my mother has taken biotin for roughly the last 4-5 years paired with a liquid multi vitamin, and her hair practically grows a foot a year! (Actually, that is an exaggeration, but you get what I mean.) I'm not sure if she just has naturally faster hair growth or not, but I'm sure it has something to do with the vitamins she takes.

07-04-2009
In other words

Quote:
Originally Posted by posey View Post
its the vitamin E in the sun, this encourages growth

Actually, it's Vitamin D.
Sunlight helps promote the production of Vitamin D in our bodies.

13-05-2009
windowshopping

For those with thinning hair, try Nutri-Ox. I've been using this product for a few days now and I've noticed a substantial reduction in the amount of hair that I usually shed in a day. I also take biotin and fish oil supplement like others in this thread and it helps too.

27-05-2009
Evy
front row

What about mane n tail shampoo? Anybody tried it?

27-05-2009
front row

Hmm thats for horses isnt it? Its meant to be rich in silica i think. I've never tried it but if anyone dares to try it please let us know how u get on

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
encouraging, growth, hair, products