How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-05-2009
once more, with feeling

^ I read that those shampoos help horses with thinning tails by unblocking pores. Makes sense that it would work for humans then, too.

27-05-2009
V.I.P.

I tried it once, but my hair grows super fast anyway. Another friend of mine tried it after a really bad hair cut and said it worked for her and her hair was growing faster and looked healthier since using it. That was the reason why I tried it, because her hair did look healthy.

30-05-2009
Evy
front row

Ok, thanks! I think I'll give it a go

02-06-2009
front row

I'm really afraid to use those shampoos meant for horses, to be honest. The chemicals might be too harsh for human skin.

Anyways, I buzzed most of my hair off about 3 weeks ago, and then regretted it. (I'm a guy, and did it cos I wanted a change. Clearly, it was something I shouldn't have done!) Moving on, I was recommended by a friend to use this product: Kaminomoto Hair Growth Accelerator which is basically like some sort of tonic you put on twice a day. Well, I've got hair which grows pretty quickly, but I was desperate for my hair to grow even quicker.

3 weeks on, my hair has grown quite a bit! This definitely works. I estimate the hair growth to be about an inch or so. It's time to hit the salon to touch up the hairstyle though!

For those living in Asia, Watsons and Guardian Pharmacies do carry it.

02-06-2009
tfs star

The horse shampoo is for both horses and humans.

02-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanutbutter View Post
I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to point out that it's actually the opposite - hair grows slow in the winter and fast in the summer. I've read that it has something to do with the heat from the sun, but I don't know how much of a difference it actually makes.
warm weather does make your hair grow much faster, the reason why, is your head observes a lot moisture from the heat, so the pores of your head open up.

04-06-2009
In Bloom

^Pores don't suddenly grow bigger. Your nails grow faster in the summer too, and that is because your metabolism speeds up. It has absolutely nothing to do with the temperature

we were in love

04-06-2009
front row

why does your metabolism speed up in the summer? Is it because your more active?

04-06-2009
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya-a View Post
why does your metabolism speed up in the summer? Is it because your more active?
I guess, and then because you're exposed to more sunlight than usually. Your body goes in storage-mode because you need to eat and process as many nutrients as possible before winter.

we were in love

15-06-2009
windowshopping

Went to a local Indian store and bought some Shikakai oil for my hair. I cant wait to try it! On the package (and the salesguy) it advises leaving it on overnight. Whats the best method to keep it mess-free?

15-06-2009
oh! darling

My hair dresser friend said,

"Brushing it or touching the roots stimulates growth. No shampoo or chemical will help."

trendsetter

I've been reading that using a Monistat cream or any cream that has Miconazole nitrate in it will help increase your hair growth. Its suppose to stimulate the blood flow. Some have said that it has helped their hair grow 1 inch - 2 inch in one month! There's a foot cream called Daktarin that has this ingredient so if some of you are curious and feel embarrassed about puchasing a yeast infection cream then the foot cream would be better hehe. I myself have never tried it BUT is thinking about it. I might buy the Daktarin foot cream with 2% MN. SOme say that the 4% works best but gives bad side effects which is headaches. So this is something to read up about if you are interested.

Last edited by Sun_Goddess01; 23-06-2009 at 07:18 PM.
12-07-2009
front row

I've been taking prenatal vitamins for a few weeks, but I'm not sure if I notice a difference in hair growth or not. Although I do notice an improvement in my nails.

12-07-2009
fashion insider

i've read about prenatal vitamins in one of my magazines and it says it works great but it will make u constipated. i thought i'd give it a try one day

12-07-2009
front row

Has anyone here heard of Viviscal supplements?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
encouraging, growth, hair, products