How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-11-2009
tfs star

instead of focusing on your hair growth from the scalp, everyone should just be focusing on your ends, and keeping them healthy.

you can't make your hair grow faster. it grows about a half and inch a month. some a little faster, some a little slower.
but what you can control is how much breaks off! so condition and get little trims!

09-12-2009
rising star

How much biotin do you guys take everyday?

I'm currently taking 2 fish oil capsules and 1000 mcg of biotin per day.

tfs star

My hair used to be about 28.35 inches long. I decided to cut it last october and they're gradually growing back pretty fast. they're now 21.3 inches but i decided to make them grow faster so I got biotin today. hope it helps.
What else can i use?

tfs star

I want to take biotin too...where can you get it in Europe?

20-01-2010
tfs star

Pharmacy!

rising star

yep, you can also get it in health food shops

unspecified

if your health isn't the best, supposly your hair suffers too, right? if you fix your health issues, how would that affect your hair?

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
27-01-2010
backstage pass

I don't know if these have been mentioned, but I'm planning on buying them:

http://www.nioxin.com/en/products/in...omplex?xPos=54

They've gotten great reviews everywhere I've seen (including MUA and Amazon).

I might just be paranoid, but I swear my hair is thinning So I'm being proactive and trying to remedy the problem before it gets worse...

05-02-2010
rising star

When I went to the hairdressers recently (for the first trim in 8months, bad I know but I was enjoying the length too much) she noticed that I had lots of new hairs growing through. The supplements I mostly would credit to this are a simple A-Z vitamins and minerals and Kelp supplements, sometimes an extra B vitamin supplement as well. My diet is kind of average, plenty of protein, fruit and veg but could do with more, and I drink water like a fish... Hope this helps!
Also, I'm sure I read somewhere in this thread about using coconut oil, does anyone else use this? If I lather it on for an hour or so before a shower sometimes it's so difficult to wash out I feel like I'm reversing the conditioning aspects, and it's way too greasy to apply to my clean dry hair... I don't understand how everyone uses it maybe I'm missing something?
Sorry for such a long post!

trendsetter

What about Prenatal vitamins? I've taken regular daily vitamins but was wonder if that is better? or too much? Oh and I must share that my hair is growing! it was chin length towards the end of november and now its neck length! just 1.5 inches away from my collar bone yay!

I havent been taking any vitamins but did eat healthier in the past couple months...as of right now im eating bad hehe but doing scalp massages a few times a week really works.

08-02-2010
scenester

I'm trying to grow my hair to my waist (it's already right below my bra strap now) and also growing out my straight bangs.

I have read up a lot over the years of vitamins to help grow your hair.
I have tried MSM and do feel it helped a little.
now I just take a daily vitamin, brewer's yeast (not sure whether this is helping at all) and have started diatomaceous earth 3 days ago. I read about DE on the longhaircommunity forums and people were getting great results (not just hair, also health benefits).
It's of course to soon to tell (and I also don't measure my hair like some people do + at my length it's not always easy to tell whether hair is growing) but I am excited that it might make my hair grow faster.

People have reported that DE also makes them sleep deeper and I have noticed this myself + extra energy.

08-02-2010
trendsetter

What does DE stand for? I googled DE, but didn't find anything.

08-02-2010
rising star

Oh I also wanted to know if anyone had tried or heard of Argan oil for hair growth? I'm going on holiday to Marrakech in June and was reading that you can get the oil really cheap there, and it's very sought after for beauty etc all over the world but kinda pricey, so figured I best stock up if it's really good?
I'm gonna start using cocount oil again once a week and get back on track with my supplements (sea kelp, a-z, fish oil, b vitamins) and let you know how it goes. Might try experimenting with oil mixtures too, maybe throw in some olive/jojoba/castor/whatever is closeby ha

trendsetter

iron pills, castor oil, and other oils

10-02-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara_1987 View Post
I'm trying to grow my hair to my waist (it's already right below my bra strap now) and also growing out my straight bangs.

I have read up a lot over the years of vitamins to help grow your hair.
I have tried MSM and do feel it helped a little.
now I just take a daily vitamin, brewer's yeast (not sure whether this is helping at all) and have started diatomaceous earth 3 days ago. I read about DE on the longhaircommunity forums and people were getting great results (not just hair, also health benefits).
It's of course to soon to tell (and I also don't measure my hair like some people do + at my length it's not always easy to tell whether hair is growing) but I am excited that it might make my hair grow faster.

People have reported that DE also makes them sleep deeper and I have noticed this myself + extra energy.

What's diatomaceous earth, and where can you buy it?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
encouraging, growth, hair, products