How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-10-2011
trendsetter

So far this is the best tutorial I have found ever for trimming long hair:
http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/

Or this one for layers, but move slowly and make sure your sections are perfectly symmetrical:
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ing-speed.html

16-10-2011
V.I.P.

thank you^
i check those out.

V.I.P.

Has anyone tried the shampoo and conditioner 'Grow!'? It's gotten average to pretty good reviews on Amazon. I went to the salon earlier this month for a trim and ended up hating the haircut I received, only to cut it even shorter myself. I'd really like long hair again and I think I'm willing to give this product a try since some of the reviewers actually attested to hair growing faster. The following is a product description and link:

Grow Fast Hair Growth Shampoo and Conditioner will help your hair grow FASTER! Up to 45% faster in clinical trials! This specially formulated shampoo and conditioner uses natural amino acids and botanicals for the transforming your hair into shiny healthy fast growing hair. GROW shampoo and conditioner self adjust to any hair type. Whether your hair is dry, normal, or oily, GROW will adjust perfectly to your hair. GROW self adjusts precisely to fine or thick hair so it is the ideal everyday shampoo and conditioner. If you have hair color, GROW will help keep your color longer. Self adjusts to your hair Adds body and bounce Attracts itself to damaged areas GROW is pH balanced to 4.5-5.5 GROW! has a pH of 4.5 to 5.5. , the exact same as your hair Helps eliminate static in the hair Adds natural shine to the hair by sealing the cuticle layer and creating a flat surface naturally so light can reflect. Helps prevent damage by sealing the cuticle of the hair Low pH rinses easily from the hair
http://www.amazon.com/GROW-Shampoo-c...pr_product_top

V.I.P.

I do not really believe all the hair grow faster if you youse this and this product stuff. I believe healthy lifestyle and trying not to damage hair too much...and wating and wating and wating

I did not trim my hair but I jused L´oreal Force Vector products and they work!
they make hair shiny, no frizz and healthy looking. Oh, and the best part is that it does not make my hair flat! these are pretty expensive but so worth of the money.
(and I am happy that I did not have to trim my hair)

fashionesedaily.com

Also, in my job it is easier to have hair up and last week I started to think how much ponytail damages my hair because I have ponytail in same place every day...

p.s Does anyone esle hate it too when brusing hair you can see hair falling down here and there...not big amounts of hair but still...

trendsetter

It's good to move your ponytail around, also, buns and french twists are supposedly healthier for the hair, because the ends are tucked in and therefore less vulnerable to damage. I can't wait til my hair is long enough for a chignon. Sigh.
Congrats on not having to trim!

04-11-2011
rising star

Just wanted to give an update on the Viviscal. I was taking it and a hair skin and nails multi from Whole Foods, along with cod liver oil and using the Nioxin Products (although I don't use Nioxin every day). Definite results! I had some new growth even before starting the regime, but I've added additional new growth and I have noted that my hair seems to be growing a little bit quicker (although not crazy, just an extra .5-1 cm/month). I've also noticed that my hair is shinier and seems in better condition. The hair that's growing in has more elasticity and doesn't seem to be prone to breaking, splitting, or not growing.

None of these things are miracle products, by any means, but they did help (and continue to help) quite a bit.

05-11-2011
trendsetter

Thanks for the update! I think I am going to ask for a few months supply of Viviscal as a holiday gift. an extra CM a month would be significant enough that I would be able to trim some split ends off without agonizing about losing too much of my 'hard work'.

I've been getting a lot of compliments on my bob lately though.

09-11-2011
V.I.P.

ive said it once twice thrice and ill keep saying it!

try castor oil, fellow fashion people.

trust me it helps.

my hair stylist started using it when she saw a change in the thickness and lack of hairfall with me!!!!

trendsetter

I like castor oil, but for me it required some planning do use, since I had to shampoo my hair so much to get it out afterwards. :shrugs:

09-11-2011
front row

farou7a, how do you use castor oil? Like a treatment or like a leave-in (diluted with water?)?

29-11-2011
fashion elite

viviscal is doing wonders for my short locks!

tfs star

just a heads up about viviscal, it has shark in it.
shark has extremely high levels of mercury in it...which is really horrible for you if you plan on becoming pregnant or are pregnant.
so please please consult your doctor before taking this if you're planning on getting pregnant.

29-11-2011
trendsetter

Shark! No wonder they always refer to it as a 'proprietary marine complex' or whatever.
I take fish oil, but it has the mercury filtered out.

04-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphine View Post
I like castor oil, but for me it required some planning do use, since I had to shampoo my hair so much to get it out afterwards. :shrugs:
Try mixing it with a lighter oil. I used to mix it with coconut oil, leave it in overnight and shampoo out in the morning. Sometimes I would need 2 shampoos but it never really took extra time. You could even try washing it by putting conditioner on, then shampooing, then conditioning.

I got bored and cut all mine off.

trendsetter

It's true that I could mix it in with a lighter oil. I end up just oiling with coconut oil a lot though. At least once a week. Actually I have coconut oil in my hair right now, it's a good lazy Sunday activity.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
encouraging, growth, hair, products