How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-10-2004
windowshopping

Hair growth how to's and products
so, I'm desperately trying to grow my hair.My dream hair would be atleast under my shoulder-blade, they're now a bit under my shoulders. I have my natural colour in my hair, last time when I did something (other than cutting ) to my hair (I coloured it to dark brown,wasn't my colour! ), it was February, so it's been a long time. I've cutted it every six weeks, and I'm using shampoo and conditioner (Tigi's Manipulator) that my hairdresser recommended to me. I don't use any other hairproducts.any tips how could I get healthier, stonger and longer hair??

06-01-2005
scenester

Hair growth how to's and products
I really want long hair, shoulder blade length.At the moment it's just past my shoulders. Has anyone taken any really good Hair growth vitamins or pills that have worked well for them?My hair grows so slowley and when it does look like its grown I have to trim it so I'm back to square one. I searched the net and came across some vitamins called Hair Formula 37, anyone heard of them. Check out the link and let me know what you think:

www.hair1.com/hf37/bvs_plus.htm

09-01-2005
backstage pass

I find the best thing for growing hair out is to not do much to it...I know that sounds odd.

Basically what I mean is don't blow dry it, curl it or use any heat on it whatsoever, if you really must then use some protection against the heat, Neutrogena makes a good one...I can't recall the name.

Don't use too many styling products either or wear it in ponytails often.

When you do not do much to your hair then you don't damage it much so it does not need to be trimmed often. When growing my hair out I maybe get it trimmed once every six months and I never have that many split ends when they do trim it.

I take a multi-vitamin (flintstones) and a b-vitamin complex every day and after doing so for several months my hair, skin, and nails are much nicer.

I've heard biotin is very good for hair, I have some but keep forgetting to start taking it.

I have also read that sleeping on silk or satin pillowcases prevents breakage...I am planning on buying some myself.

I hope this helped.

11-05-2005
Storm & Sommer

Ingredients that encourage Hair Growth
might not encourage hair growth per se but Zink supplements should prevent hair breakage..when taken over longer periods of time.

pinterest : hanneonpin
11-06-2005
windowshopping

how to grow and make your hair thicker
how do you make your hair thicker and grow it faster? mine's getting really thin =(

12-06-2005
|/mirror queen\|

Try taking some vitamins specific for hair.
I have heard that Sea Kelp tablets make the hair really grow faster too.

front row

Silicone (sometimes labelled 'silicon') will do that. I used it for years on my colour damaged hair and it grew fast and healthier.

Of course, *other* hair on your body grows faster as well...

12-06-2005
yes

exercise combined with eating extra protein and green vegetables will make your body churn out better hair

12-06-2005
fashion icon

Eating fish, fish and more fish.

12-06-2005
front row

The health of your hair is very dependant on the health of your body. Take good care of yourself, excersize, stay hydrated don't crash diet etc... and you hair will reflect your good habits.

Also when you wash your hair just wash your scalp and roots, the suds will clean the rest of your hair and it won't dry out your tips.

12-06-2005
trendsetter

It isn't proven, but it's a long aged home remedy that's been in my family for years and not a single person in our family has gone bald or has their hair thinned out (even my 70 year old grandmother still has thick hair!)

We used to take aloe plants (not the bottled stuff) and comb the aloe through our hair directly from the plant. It makes your hair quite healthy and shiny.

And as for eating fish and more fish I would have to agree. Just compare hair fullness/thickness to those who live on an island versus those who live inland (OK, just kidding, it's really just a theory, but fish DO have tons of protein)

12-06-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorevintage

And as for eating fish and more fish I would have to agree. Just compare hair fullness/thickness to those who live on an island versus those who live inland (OK, just kidding, it's really just a theory, but fish DO have tons of protein)
You may be kidding but I do recall reading a long article that was from a medical journal that did research on hair folicle strenght and hair thickness. Turns out in the study they saw that people who lived closer to the see, and lived in countries that had lots of fish had thicker and stronger hair.

Supposedly women in the islands of Greece, in the Caribbean and in the Philippines had the thickest hair. They tested their diets and saw that they ate about 60% (don't remember figure exactly) more fish than any other culture.

13-06-2005
scenester

since increasing intake of fish isn't gonna work immediately, you could always ask for a voluminising style like a bob or the like, i'm sure any good hair stylist would know what to do.

windowshopping

Does coconut oil really make your hair thick and grow faster? My mum had always put it on my hair when I was a kid, and my hair was soooo thin then. And when I got to highschool it suddenly became thick... And then I started using hair dyes, and my hair's got thinner again.

14-06-2005
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
Eating fish, fish and more fish.
Fish contains zink, (and eating loads of fish) or taking zink tablets if you dislike fish will in the long run help prevent hair breakage..

pinterest : hanneonpin
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
encouraging, growth, hair, products