How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-06-2005
User Friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorevintage
It isn't proven, but it's a long aged home remedy that's been in my family for years and not a single person in our family has gone bald or has their hair thinned out (even my 70 year old grandmother still has thick hair!)

We used to take aloe plants (not the bottled stuff) and comb the aloe through our hair directly from the plant. It makes your hair quite healthy and shiny.
wow.. I have never heard that before.. very interesting... thanks for the tip!

15-06-2005
V.I.P.

^ The aloe sounds interesting. You'd have to go through a lot of those plants I reckon? I read somewhere warm up olive oil and apply to hair. Egg whites also makes my hair thicker, really shiny and bouncy and believe me when I say I have very fine hair. You have to use it often though, couple times a week.

scenester

Speaking of home remedies, my grandma says castor oil works wonders if you rub it on your hair and then wash it after a few hours. She also told me she used to wash her hair with a mix of rum and an egg-and again, her hair was and still is beautiful.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahoney
Does coconut oil really make your hair thick and grow faster? My mum had always put it on my hair when I was a kid, and my hair was soooo thin then. And when I got to highschool it suddenly became thick... And then I started using hair dyes, and my hair's got thinner again.
Yes, a lot of my Indian friends put coconut oil on their hair and they've got really thick, luscious hair! I think Tinuviel's suggestion about using oilive oil works too 'cos I personally use oilve oil (lite - 'cos the molecules are supposed to be smaller to aid penetration into the hair shaft) and I think my hair is thicker. Or could it just be psychology at work? Also, what Hanne said about the zinc is also true. Apart from the hair, zinc is good for skin and nails too.

16-06-2005
The mod squad

I have a really long list of " things to do " to make your hair grow longer.
I'll post it as soon as I find it

lovely but empty

Hair growth how to's and products
Once upon a time I had really long, thick, beautiful hair. Then one fateful day I went and asked for a trim, and ended up losing about four inches and three quarters of my hair's thickness. Now, almost a year and a half later, I've only grown half of this haircut from hell out. My hair reaches about an inch and a half past my collarbones, and from my roots to my jawline it's grown back into it's natural thickness, but from my chin down it's completely ratty and stringy and disgusting from the cut I got, and since the ends are all crap it weighs down all the hair on the top of my head so it looks signficantly thinner than it is. I look absolutely horrible with short hair so I can't chop it all off, yet I don't want to wait another year and a half for my hair to finally grow out. So, I was wondering - is there any product, wether it be a shampoo or vitamin or treatment to make my hair grow like a mofo? I'm officially sick of having my hair look like *** all the time, and no amount of mousse or volumizing shampoo has done the trick. Thanks so much.

14-08-2005
Of too many minds

Hmm, you can try Phytophanere Dietary Supplement for hair and nails. I have been trying it for a month now and I noticed that my hair does grow noticebly faster. Like you, I am trying to grow out my hair for a different look

It's available at Sephora and oh, eat lots of fruits and veggies, I believe it helps.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
14-08-2005
lovely but empty

Awesome, thanks so much, I was actually planning on going to Sephora today anyway. I'll pick some up. Also I'm vegan so it's pretty much impossible to eat more fruits and veggies but thanks anyway :p

14-08-2005
front row

Take MSM as a suppliment. It is excellent for growth and repair and many other things.

14-08-2005
windowshopping

biotin is supposed to help as well

14-08-2005
front row

Some people swear by sea kelp. It does make a difference i'm sure.

14-08-2005
front row

There are no special products that make hair grow significantly quicker. Take a vitamin and eat vegetables, thats the best thing you can do to make your hair grow faster. If I were you, I would cut the bad ends off my hair. Even though thats making your hair shorter, the dead ends will really damage your hair thats growing in nicely.

14-08-2005
front row

I take sea kelp tablets! And yes it does work very well!

tfs star

Surge Hair Revitalizer

and

Nioxin Follicle Booster

17-08-2005
fashion elite

I hear Vitamin A... and veggies that have vivid colors like orange and red because they have a ton of vitamin A.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
encouraging, growth, hair, products