How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-09-2006
scenester

Hair growth
Hey guys,well i cut my hair a couple of months ago ,its short,not even touching my shoulders,i would like to know any good shampoo or hair product that increases hair growth cause i want my long hair back=/

04-09-2006
windowshopping

I wish I knew . . . . . I made the same mistake and chopped it all off, and it is short. I wish I had my long, beautiful locks back. Someone help us!

04-09-2006
trendsetter

I think the best way to help your hair grow is to keep it healthy. Use shampoos that have alot of natural ingredients in it...such like Modern Organice Products (mop) Glisten shampoo http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/prod...entPage=search
I got it in Bath and Body works...it works sooo nice! ugh I had to recommend it to you. And it wont strip your hair from harsh ingredients.

You got to eat healthy, massage your scalp every night or morning, cut down on your trims, and just wait!

Dont worry I also want my long hair back too, it is taking soo long for me to grow it out but I can see a difference though so Im getting there. I try not to straighten it so much cause damaging it will only make my hair look thinner and shorter and wont help my hair grow either.

So just make sure you keep it healthy and wash your hair every other day because it needs its natural oils. I've been taking supplements but Im not sure it really helps your hair grow super fast but you can give it a try only if you dont eat healthy though like me hehe. Overdosing in vitamins isnt good for your body.

Hope that helps a bit!

Last edited by Sun_Goddess01; 04-09-2006 at 12:54 PM.
04-09-2006
front row

ooohh there's a big thread on this somewhere that was loaded with info. I find biotin vitamins to be effective, with a good diet and exercise.

04-09-2006
V.I.P.

I had a really bad hair cut some years ago and I took Viviscal, it was recommended for hair growth. My hair grows really fast normally but it grew faster than usual, I got rid of that hair cut in no time.

My cousin uses Rosemary shampoo for hair growth and it works for her. Also a friend of mine uses a shampoo and conditioner originally intended for horses, I'm not sure if it works but she has long, healthy hair.

21-11-2006
ele
rising star

Thick, faster growing hair
I have thin hair and it grows so sloooow ! i just cut it but want long hair again...i read in one of the other forums that taking fish oil can help hair get thicker and grow faster - does anyone know of anything else to do this ??? or anything not to do ??

21-11-2006
fashion insider

Hmmm....I really can't say anything for sure. I've heard that fish oil is great for your skin, hair and nails and I don't think it would hurt to take some of that anyway. Models like Heidi Klum have diets rich in salmon because the fish oil in it is so beneficial for the body.

Here's an interesting article I found that might be of some help
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip214.htm

once more, with feeling

I think fish oil works. I used to take them for awhile.

Some other things that I've read might work:
* scalp massages
* exercise. basically, anything that gets the circulation going.
* Nizoral dandruff shampoo. it exfoliates the outer layer of cells and supposedly stimulates growth.
* hot oil treatment. specifically the hair oil (olive?) that you can find in Indian groceries, for example, heated up and massaged into the scalp
* hair & nail vitamins

Storm & Sommer

ele kindly do a search prior to making a new thread, thank you

pinterest : hanneonpin
18-01-2007
Brooklyn, baby!

I've been taking fish oil capsules for the past month, and my hair seems to be growing faster. I think there really is something to this fish thing!

19-01-2007
backstage pass

Whoever mentioned castor oil is right it is said to promote growth, but it definately does make the hair soft; I think with oils it's a cultral thing- castor oil (unrefined); Caribbean, olive oil- Mediterranian/Latin American, coconut oil- Indian. I personally like all three but prefer olive oil and castor oil.

In terms of tips; low manipulation hairstyles, scalp massages, regular trims, deep conditioning, supplements and a healthy diet, exercise and in general just pamper your hair especially your ends.

trendsetter

love this thread! I already take a-z vitamins should I take zink tablets as well?? I'm scared of getting too much iron!

I really want long healthy hair for the summer! what about the ends?

03-02-2007
backstage pass

^I'm not sure if Zinc has that much of an impact on the hair but I could be wrong, hair vitamins I know of are...biotin, other b-vitamins, protein, omega3's, multivitamins should cover your iron intake.

V.I.P.

I use Indian Hair Grower.

04-02-2007
windowshopping

I've been using this oil treatment every night since Jan 1st (yes, my New Years Resolution is to grow out my Natalie Portman Esq Haircut, which I love but it's time to get the Rapunzel hair I've always dreamed of...):-

1 tablespoon of Jojoba Oil
3 drops of rosemary oil
3 drops of lavender oil
1 drop of cedarwood oil
1 drop of lemonbalm oil (aka melissa oil)

I massage this into my hair and scalp most nights and then wash it out in the morning. I'm doing this for 3 months and then I'll do it every other night for 3 months and then just once a week. (mainly because I don't want to have to wash my hair everyday because I think it's better for it to wash it every few days instead).

I've seen a great difference in the strength and growth of my hair and it's super shiny.

I also take Silical gel in a glass of juice everyday (about 1 tablespoon) (apparently this is what Jennifer Aniston used to grow out her bob a few years ago).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
encouraging, growth, hair, products