How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-02-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushka_BeLLa
I use Indian Hair Grower.
What's that?

04-02-2007
front row

Any reccommendations for thinning hair? It grows fine.. but it's so thin

04-02-2007
V.I.P.

^same. my hair grows CRAZY fast but it's thin
i'd love to know how to thicken it

05-02-2007
backstage pass

Castor oil is said to thicken the hair, my hair's naturally thick so i can't really tell if it's working but I love what it does for my hair. Since your hair is fine you may just want to apply to scalp and leave it in overnight before you wash your hair.

DÔMMkammern

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasseestefanie
ZINK!!!

Oh my god!... I read somewhere about zink suppliments helping to speed up the hair growth process.. so, I thought I had nothing to lose

Well, Here I am with already almost half inch of roots coming out In 3 weeks

I color my hair often, so seeing roots is very new to me
zink is great for both hair and skin... works beautifully with both greasy and delicate thin skin types

backstage pass

beer ferment tablets, they work!!i been taking them for 3 months or so and my hair is longer than its ever been. Ok it was shoulder lenth and never grew past it and now it has i am so happy!! Hopefully by july its be a bit longer and almost the lenth i want it.

They not only work but they are cheep. I bought 300 tablets for 4.95 € and still haven't finshed the jar, ur supposed to take 4 a day; 2 in the morning with breakfast and 2 at night. The taste is not great but if u fill ur mouth with water and then swalow them u don't taste it!!

Last edited by lifeis; 08-04-2007 at 06:32 AM.
16-04-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkvolvo
Any reccommendations for thinning hair? It grows fine.. but it's so thin
I've read about it in a magazine, i haven't tried it though (my hair are very thick) but i want to, you never know.

Frederik Fekkai Protein Rx PM Repair strengthener.

Also egg whites, just apply on your hair leave for a while and then rinse (WATCH OUT: normal/cold water ONLY)

Last edited by FashionJunkie; 16-04-2007 at 08:56 AM.
16-04-2007
fashion icon

oh, about the zinc iron thing. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH IT HELPS.

I had no iron whatsoever and i hated my hair for like 7 years ( i had no idea i didn't have iron). Last year after my hospitalization (where they gave me massive amounts of iron) my hair started to grow HEALTHY, shiny, strong, perfect. Now i'm in love with them.

IMPORTANT: before you do anything ask a doctor. I had a problem. You can't take iron without asking your doctor first. Taking too much iron can cause severe problems.

trendsetter

Yes, zinc and iron are good for you but make sure you dont overdose in it. maybe like once a day if your eating foods with no iron, zinc or very little of it then thats okay.

I am trying jojoba oil on my hair, i rub some of it on my scalp at night (only a little bit). I've read that jojoba oil and rosemary oil helps stimulate hair growth and it is also great on your skin!

**one more thing jojoba is great on your face...yes it is oil but I swear it has made my pores smaller and my face smoother! if you look up info on these two oils there are a lot of good benefits with them.

17-04-2007
rising star

I know it's silly but with my hair it needs a trim every 2-3 weeks. I blame it growing so fast on my diet, i.e. mainly donuts, Skittles, Timtams, Lindt chocolate and Slurpees.

17-06-2007
trendsetter

I heard braiding your hair at night promotes hair growth due to the tension/pulling of the hair follicles.

05-08-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
ZINC

In laboratory tests animals fed with a zinc supplement showed signs of more hair growth, as opposed to loss of hair in animals that were deprived of zinc in their feed. It was discovered that there was a change in the hair protein structure when zinc was deficient in the diet. Severe zinc deficiency in humans has been shown to produce baldness and scalp problems that were reversed when zinc was returned to the diet. Zinc has also been shown to stop hair turning grey. One doctor taking zinc for a year reversed the grey hairs which returned to their original color. Zinc can be depleted by high stress levels. For a good source of zinc, wheat germ is the best, other sources are brewer's yeast, pumpkin seeds, oysters and mussels, shrimps and egg yolks. One delightful effect of zinc is that it has long been regarded as an aphrodisiac, and as such it can be very beneficial for your sex life, which is not a bad side effect to have.

How to use zinc?

Zinc stimulates hair growth by enhancing immune function.
Dosage: 50-100 mg daily. Do not exceed this amount.
credit : forhair.com

Last edited by tangerine; 25-09-2013 at 03:59 PM.
05-08-2007
Press escape to continue.

I am a total hair farmer. :p My tricks are cool water wash, simple shampoo and a light conditioner based on coconut oil, no blow dryer or curlers, a coconut oil treatment once a week, avoiding the sun and wind, and eating well. Also, I use a boar bristle brush that's very soft. When my hair is long, I keep it braided most of the time. Also, I never ever ever color my hair.

scenester

Forgive me if these have already been discussed....

Boitin supplements - but be warned you'll experience all over hair growth

Shampooing twice a week max

100% Boar Bristle Brushes - stimulating the scalp is said to promote growth as well as distribute the natural oils

21-08-2007
tfs star

Castor Oil, olive oil, Henna, B complex, lots of fish... I use them all.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
encouraging, growth, hair, products