How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-05-2008
scenester

sorry i am referring to biotin there...

28-05-2008
front row

my hair is a bit over the shoulder legnth but hasnt grown ins ...a year? maybe 5 cm. a year ...I guess its braking at the same time and I all the times have to cut off my split ends

28-05-2008
scenester

i have the same problem but i cut all my split ends and i started taking biotin...still no growth. it's driving me crazy

29-05-2008
front row

yes me too

05-06-2008
tfs star

ok, hair on average, grows a 1/2 an inch a month. thats just the way it is, some a little more, some a little less. mine grows like a snail, but anyway, it greatly depends on what you eat, the more protein you eat the HEALTHIER your hair will be, considering that's what it's made of. cutting it doesn't make it grow faster, i don't know where that myth came from, and putting cornrows in your hair definetely doesn't.. when my roomate told me that i almost died laughing. HIS HAIRSTYLIST told him putting cornrows in your hair makes it grow faster. i was like ummm ... no it actually doesn't. eat lots of protein! and take care of your ends before they split! because once they split, ain't going back.
otherwise, go for weave, works for me.

24-06-2008
scenester

i need to get my hair trimmed...i guess my hair is splitting faster than it is growing. the biotin did not do anything.

26-06-2008
front row

yeah thats the same problem here it's splitting faster than in is growing, I have to cut the split ends of all the time....anything natural you can put in your ends to prevent that they become too dry and split? I heard you can put in olive oil and I did it some times...my hair feels very smooth afterwards (not greasy) but I have extremely dry hair so it might not work for everyone

29-06-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyShow View Post
ok, hair on average, grows a 1/2 an inch a month. thats just the way it is, some a little more, some a little less. mine grows like a snail, but anyway, it greatly depends on what you eat, the more protein you eat the HEALTHIER your hair will be, considering that's what it's made of. cutting it doesn't make it grow faster, i don't know where that myth came from, and putting cornrows in your hair definetely doesn't.. when my roomate told me that i almost died laughing. HIS HAIRSTYLIST told him putting cornrows in your hair makes it grow faster. i was like ummm ... no it actually doesn't. eat lots of protein! and take care of your ends before they split! because once they split, ain't going back.
otherwise, go for weave, works for me.
I'm a vegetarian (who probably doesn't get enough protein, as I eat mostly bread, fruits, veggies), so do you think that's the cause of my slow hair growth?

29-06-2008
tfs star

I'm a vegetarian too. It would be a good idea to include more things like beans, nuts, nut butters and other sources of protein to have healthier hair.

01-07-2008
front row

I don't really understand the whole "putting you hair in a ponytail" and pulling it kind of thing. From what I know, pulling your hair might make it grow but it will make it thin and limp. But I'm not the expert so I'm not totally sure.

As for my hair, I've really been freaking out about it lately. It used to be really beautiful and thick, and I've noticed in the past month or so that it's gotten really thin. A friend said that it's probably seasonal but I'm not sure, because it's never been like this before. I hardly use hot irons and have only colored my hair once in my life. I cut off my damaged ends but I'm still really worried. Will it ever grow back nice and thick like it was? Am I overreacting?

01-07-2008
tfs star

pulling your hair definetely will not make it grow faster. but that would be AMAZINGGGG if that's the way it works!!

yeah, i'm a vegetarian as well and i'm pretty sure that it's my lack of protein which makes my hair grow so slowly. but it also just depends on the person, too.

05-07-2008
V.I.P.

biotin and get the 8000MG

also..warm weather makes your hair grow a lot faster.

06-07-2008
yes

exercise makes your hair grow like a superhero

07-07-2008
trendsetter

Try not to think about it...haha thats what my mom tells me. Her hair grows FAST! and mine not so fast.

07-07-2008
backstage pass

Ooh all these tips are helpful!

Does hair grow slower if you have extensions ... ? Sorry that's a really dumb question.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
encouraging, growth, hair, products