How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-08-2011
Riot Bug

sometimes it takes time to get a really light colour... something called patience I do understand we all sometimes lose... (myself the first) but hey! your hair doesn't seem like fried after the self re-bleaching... why didn't go to a hairdresser for the best advice on that? Just babbling ideas... I got friends who really love the do-it-yourself and they have a very quality hair to endure it... and also the self-experiment new things... sometimes its advised by hairdressers to give your hair at least 2 weeks break before do a next lighter step...
Hope you get the color you are looking for!

23-08-2011
windowshopping

^^oh yes that's very true, I forgot to mention that, it's good to give your hair breaks in between and deep condition it with hair masks and whatnot.

26-09-2011
V.I.P.

Hey! Just thought I'd let you know I got my hair the colour I wanted, and without having to pay for a hairdresser! yay! Thanks to everybody that gave me advice! I did have to hide in my house when it was orange though or wear an, ehm, fashionable hat! haha.

trendsetter

Yay! Pics will be happening soon?

29-09-2012
Making a Mess

I've been obsessed with Gwen's platinum hair lately.

lifestylehair.com

V.I.P.

I have a light blonde shade right now. Kind of like this color except without the roots:

I'm looking to go platinum like Sky Ferreira's color..

I'd rather not get it professionally done beacuse I don't have much money right now.. I have a little bottle of silver shampoo (KMS) to cancel out the brassy color.. if I were to leave that in for an hour or so, would that do much? If not, what silver dye/toner/shampoo would I need to get? I need brand recommendations please(: thank you!

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudeunderwater View Post
I'd rather not get it professionally done beacuse I don't have much money right now.. I have a little bottle of silver shampoo (KMS) to cancel out the brassy color.. if I were to leave that in for an hour or so, would that do much? If not, what silver dye/toner/shampoo would I need to get? I need brand recommendations please(: thank you!
I had white/platinum hair for about two years, which I dyed at home. I didn't generally use toner, as my hair is pretty light anyway and didn't get too brassy, so I can't comment on that personally (though a friend of mine swears by Manic Panic's Virgin Snow); however, as far as silver shampoo goes, I would recommend NOT leaving it in for an hour - once your hair is that light (at least in my case), leaving it in for the recommended amount of time is all you need. Any more than that, and it would take out the sparkle and turn my hair a dullish gray color. It's best to do it in small increments, and do more of them as needed.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blonde, hair, platinum