How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2007
front row

A good JET BLACK hair dye?
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can give me some recommendations on any hair dyes that gives a lustruous, deep, jet black. In other words, the blackest of black!
I've dyed my hair a dark-to-medium brown that appears somewhat orangey-reddish-brown in the light but now I desperately want to go dark!
I dislike shades such as blue-black, purple-black or anything that looks too uncanny.

I've used L'oreal Feria before (for browns only) and am deciding between Starry Night and Leather Black. Which would give the closest result to what I'm describing?
Any other products/brands are welcome but I'm just most comfortable with L'oreal Paris.
Thanks for any advice and tips!

13-09-2007
front row

is this the kind of black you're talking about?

credit: mq palace

13-09-2007
front row

Hahaha! Yes! Just like that! Thank you for providing a picture that fits my description LOL! I'm not a fan of her's but she's got lovely hair there -a beautiful color too (of course, since that's what I want)

So yes, if anyone knows of a hair dye that can create that color, do share please!

13-09-2007
front row

This hair color on KK is an alternative that I also really like so any recommendations is again, very much appreciated It's not quite blackest black but I love it also. In fact, I have no idea what color it is...does anyone know?!

kristin kreuk web

For some reason, it looks (to me anyway) like she had her hair dyed a brown of some sort, and then dyed blue-black over it...not sure though. Either way, it looks really nice and exotic!

13-09-2007
Storm & Sommer

Ce'nedra, not a dye per se.. but since you mentioned wanting black hair that is 'lustruous' this tip on natural hair glossing might interest you:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...9&postcount=33

pinterest : hanneonpin
14-09-2007
front row

Thanks heaps for the tip, Hanne!

22-09-2007
windowshopping

My sister and I are both currently using the leather black feria hair dye. We have used others and this one makes our hair the blackest black we have been. I've used other loreal blacks and other brands and this one has worked the best.

22-09-2007
& b

I use that feria one too.

scenester

i third the loreal.
stay away from garnier, whatever you do. for some reason even their jet black turns out blue.
however, when i can afford to spend a few bucks more than usual i go to a beauty supply store, where they have more of a selection of alternative colors like black and such. and there's someone there to help you pick the right shade, unlike at drugstores.

trendsetter

I love Ion Color Brilliance (at Sally's), because it practically doesn't damage my hair, and you can control how much peroxide is used. For going dark you need only the smallest amount, whereas in most at-home dye packets, it's all the same.

I used a dye from them that was supposed to be brown-black, but it looked bluish for a couple days. But after that washed out it was the accurate color.

26-09-2007
front row

Thanks guys for your help
I think I will probably go for the leather black then

04-10-2007
xx

i like L'oreal Preference in Soft Black. after seeing those photos above i guess its not really jet black but its a nice, natural looking black..not too inky. it barely faded after one month even though i tried my darndest to make it fade!

also on the topic of black hair, its weird how so many people categorize dark brown hair as black. i remember someone said my hair was black when it was dark brown..i was like are you talking about me? whats up with that? meh im just sayin..

07-10-2007
V.I.P.

I third Feria. It doesn't burn my scalp like Clairol and Garnier.

This is pretty hot IMO. Very black. It can't get any blacker than this. I love jet black hair too. It gives off a mysterious vibe and it's intriguing. I think it stands out more and can be intimidating. (cheesy I know )
VAMPIREFREAKS

Last edited by Gypsy_Doll; 07-10-2007 at 01:07 PM.
09-10-2007
V.I.P.

yup...feria is the best. i've used almost every over the counter dye too...feria has the best ash browns, red and blacks

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
09-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissablekae View Post
also on the topic of black hair, its weird how so many people categorize dark brown hair as black.
That drives me crazy for some reason. Yes, I notice that people do it constantly...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
black, dye, good, hair, jet