How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-07-2005
barcode

There is something to be said about a handsome man with salt and pepper/silvery hair.....like that model guy, or Anderson Cooper, it looks hot.

22-08-2010
fashion icon

I'm bumping this oldie because I am in desperate need of advice. I've naturally black hair which I occasionally dye red/purple. However I've been slowly going grey since the grand old age of 16,so for 6 years now. The past few months the greys have been coming through thick and fast and they're very noticable against my dark hair. Is taking the plunge to go blonde my only real option to stop them showing/ My hairdresser seems to think this is a good idea but I have my doubts,being of Chinese origin I'm really not sure it would suit me.

22-08-2010
front row

I used to pluck my grey hairs but now they're too many of them. I''m 24 and I don't like it. Do any of you have ideas on what to do besides just dying it?

22-08-2010
once more, with feeling

^ Supposedly, a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses every day will help. Something about the vitamins and whatnot. It's an old wive's remedy, but some people swear by it.

fashion icon

I'm bringing this back again because I've noticed most of my roots, and a lot of my hair for the entire length, is grey. Which sucks because my hair is naturally black. The texture of them, and my hair in general, is so rough that I have to stop myself from pulling them out, which has got to be worse! Does anybody know what type of shampoo/conditioner/products can help my hair to become more manageable?

16-07-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfairy View Post
I'm bumping this oldie because I am in desperate need of advice. I've naturally black hair which I occasionally dye red/purple. However I've been slowly going grey since the grand old age of 16,so for 6 years now. The past few months the greys have been coming through thick and fast and they're very noticable against my dark hair. Is taking the plunge to go blonde my only real option to stop them showing/ My hairdresser seems to think this is a good idea but I have my doubts,being of Chinese origin I'm really not sure it would suit me.
Maybe try highlights??

27-10-2014
windowshopping

Tell you mother that on another forum that I love very young girls are actually dying their hair GREY! She has got it for free - just like me. I've been grey since my early 30s never colored my hair and now in my late 60s my hair is mostly white/grey. I don't think about it and just enjoy the fact that I still have very strong, healthy hair. Of course I do look after it and I use Pro Naturals Hair Repair System recommended to me by my hairdresser who is very strict when it comes to taking care of hair.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
grey, hair