How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2006
front row

Hair darkening shampoo?
Hey, Ive dyed my hair previously but I don't really want to keep doing that to achieve a darker hair colour

My hair colour is a dirty blonde, moussy colour, Im just wondering if there are any shampoo products that could darken my hair? To a light brown colour.

I know that you can get lightening shampoo, so Im just wondering. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

03-02-2006
front row

Can anyone help?

03-02-2006
windowshopping

color shampoos and conditioners
I've used those types of shampoos/conditioners before and I've never really gotten exactly the color I wanted. They usually add too much reddish tones to my hair (my hair is a warm brown). My Aveda hair colorist told me that the conditioners are more effective at depositing the color than the shampoos were. If I were you, I would go to a hair salon that actually sells these types of shampoos and talk to them. They can see which ones are best for you and possibly even mix a custom bottle for you. My only other advice would be that the longer you leave it on, the more color is deposited. So I would just start with leaving it on for 2-3 minutes and then you can always go from there.

I know that Aveda and Artec make some good ones. Pantene and Loreal started making some as well.

Good luck!!

03-02-2006
rising star

well, a while back, i tried to dye my hair a lighter color and what resulted was my roots (3" down) being much lighter than the rest of my hair.

I bought Matrix Biolage Earth Tones Color Refreshing Conditioner in Natural Brown from Trade Secret @ the mall. It's a color depositing conditioner and washes out in the next shampoo. It may stain your hands a bit in the shower, but washes away if you quickly rinse. It also smelled nice after rinsing the conditioner off in the shower. After shampooing, u'd keep the conditioner on for 3 mins.

Yikes, i just read online that it was discontinued, but you can get it online from: http://www.stuff4beauty.com/page/bio...nditioner.html

Or, you can go to ur local Trade Secrets or salon that has a lot of products to choose from. When i first got mine, i made sure that i could return it if the color wasn't to my satisfaction. You can't go wrong really.

Last edited by oona; 03-02-2006 at 08:26 AM.
07-02-2006
windowshopping

the Aveda black malva shampoo and conditioner work really well, and leave your hair super soft.. i love it

28-02-2006
front row

Lush has a shampoo called reincarnate that contains henna and it makes hair darker and shinier and really really clean

28-02-2006
front row

thanks, has anyone round here used it?

28-02-2006
tea time

i use sunsilk deeply brunette shampoos and conditioners they are great they keep my hair dark so i dont have to dye it as much which is great!

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
28-02-2006
front row

what color is your hair naturally?

28-02-2006
tea time

before i started dyeing it it was a very light brown with abit of blonde in.

its pretty dark now but i think that was the really dark dye i put on

it goes a shade darker when i use the shampoo because the dye i put on starts getting lighter after awhile although it is perminant.

the shampoos and conditoners only last while your using them if you switch your hair will just become lighter again.

28-02-2006
front row

would i need to use both the shampoo and the conditioner?

my hair is a dark blonde, would they make it a light brown color?

28-02-2006
tea time

i only use the conditioner and i have pretty dark hair already i supose. although it only makes my hair a shade darker dont know how it would work on lighter hair since there is no inbetween colour. although you could always try since its not permanent it will just disapear in the next wash!

supose its just one of those things you have to try

28-02-2006
front row

ok thanks

01-03-2006
V.I.P.

Henna shampoo .. but be sure to emntion this to your hair dresser as any dye you use could mess it up .. you need to be carefull .but henna shampoo makes it darekr

02-03-2006
front row

i bought some sunsilk deeply brunette today, ill use it tonight, hope it works

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
darkening, hair, shampoo