How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-04-2005
|/mirror queen\|

You can try, and like ShannonMc said, to moisturize your hair. Put a lot of conditioner on your hair and leave it as long as you can with an hot towel on top or something.

I heard also that using some sweet almond oil on your hair also has the same effect.

20-04-2005
trendsetter

Make an appointment with your hairdresser, that's really the best thing to do cuz they can take out the hairdye and then dye it again. This has happened to me many times when I was younger, now I know not to ever use the do it yourself hair kits!

24-04-2005
windowshopping

chav
Go to Sally's Beauty Supply (or similar) and ask one of the folks to get you a bottle of dye that is made to tone down the "brassiness". It will come in the same type of bottle as the rest of the hair dyes.

When you get home, wet your hair in the shower and then mix a capful of the anti-brassy solution with a dollop of shampoo. Leave on for 10 minutes. Use a washcloth to make sure it doesn't drip in your eyes. Rinse out. Condition as usual. It should make it look less red/bright.

Blow dry your hair and if it still looks excessively brassy, you can repeat the process, if desired.

24-04-2005
V.I.P.

you can get die striper which just lifts out the die, try that. GO to the store and ask for it or depending on how bad it is get some one to go for you and inquire they mite know what im on about. I bet it doesnt look as bad as you think it does.

30-07-2005
scenester

HELP! (hair)
Okay, tomorrow .. well.. today! I'm going to the hair salon, hopefully they can fix the fried and damaged deal that's my hair.
Every year I attend Warped Tour and last year my hair went to all hell in the heat and mild humidity. It's an all day outdoor concert.
So what's the best shampoo, conditioner, serum whatever.. to keep my hair sleek and fight that cursed humidity? I'll ask the hairstylist, but just in case, your opinions are welcome!
If it makes a difference, I'm black and have relaxed hair. I also attempted to dye it back in.. April or May.

01-08-2005
tfs star

do you have a natural curl in your hair? It may be best to go with its natural state in humidity- because fighting it will only make it frizz more..

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets
do you have a natural curl in your hair? It may be best to go with its natural state in humidity- because fighting it will only make it frizz more..
Even if she did have a natural curl she wont be able to let it be since her hair is relaxed.

A7XNicole, i think you're only luck would be with a very hot ceramic flattening iron. It will look nice and flat in the short run but it will only damage your hair even more in the long run.

Sorry, wish I could help more. But if it is any consolidation you're absolutely gorgeous so it deosnt really matter if your hair frizzes.

20-08-2005
rising star

OMG HELP! My hair
Hey.. i have afro-carribean MALE hair and a few months back i started using Texturizer for men. It basically creates tight curls and gives a wavy look. I noticed it tingled and burnt abit when i washed it out. After using it once or twice my hair started getting very thin and dry but i didnt notice much. I then dyed it red.. but hated it so dyed it jet black immeadiatley. I used teh texturizer again and the texture of my hair is all straight and it is very, very dry. It used to have a natural curl but it seems chemically adjusted. Im scared if i shave it i'll have a patch or something so im trying to grow it out.

22-08-2005
front row

I think if you're still having problems you should visit a hair stylist that specializes in black hair. I'm sure they would be able to give you some tips and advice. In the meantime, continue with your normal routine but don't use that Texturizer or any dyes. Good luck

23-08-2005
windowshopping

i think you should shave it off and start again! i doubt you'll be left with a permanent bald patch, but if you do see any sparse patches, just use rogaine on those areas. after you shave your head you can start all over again by making sure you take proper care of your hair and massage your head every day to promote fabulous healthier hair growth

front row

completely agree with strut

try not to really do much to your hair until you get advice from a hair stylist

04-09-2005
windowshopping

Oops! Hair Color Mistakes
So I got my hair highlighted yesterday - and I go to this TINY little shoppe that only charges me $25 for a full head pulled through a cap. It's a bit old school - but it works, and my hair is pretty multi-colored naturally so it always looks nice - in fact I get lots of compliments all the time. I was recently getting my hair cut at another salon (despite the fact that I get my hair highlighted at the old tiny salon, I DO NOT let her cut my hair because she is not UP with the times you could say and the place I get my hair cut is very modern and fabulous at cuts) and she was telling me that I SHOULD NOT BE having my hair pulled through a cap because it damages. Needless to say I had it done for years this way and it is usually FINE - WELL..not this time.

I ended up having spots near the crown of my head - and she tried fixing it. Its like if you pick up a strand of hair there willl be light, dark, light, dark, light. At first she tried putting toner on it, but that just makes it a litle darker, and I still notice it. THEN it told her to try foiling the pieces but I dont think she left it on long enough because its orangish on the places she did that. I almost feel like I know what to do more than she does!

SO what should I do? Will a professional be able to fix? Should I just leave it alone and it will fade away? I wish i had a pic, but I am visiting my parents for Labor Day weekend and I didnt bring my digi cam with me.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.TIA!

"Sometimes we cling on to a memory of someone in the hopes of a reconciliation. Or sometimes we cling on to an idea of someone we wish could be "The One". The fact is, though, whether you cling on to, orlet go of, an ex or idea, it doesn't really affect anything. Fate willnever bring about something which is not meant to be, nor will it ever disrupt something which was your destiny."
04-09-2005
Diamond

I'm sorry, but the title just made me laugh

I'm pretty sure a good stylist will be able to fix it - be forewarned though, that color correction is usually more expensive than other color services. When I was in high school, a friend wanted to experiment with "home highlighting" and the same thing happened to her. If I remember correctly she was able to get it fixed with no problem. I have to ask, Did you at least get your 25 dollars back? :p

Best of luck

~Madeleine Albright
04-09-2005
windowshopping

hahaha - actually she didnt even make me pay - which basically, she shouldn't have anyways. The thing is, most people would not be able to see it, but if you move my hair around you can see it. I KNOW IT - and that is what bothers me, you know? UHHHHHHH - I should have just had the nice lady who is educated and up on this kind of stuff - lessons to learn huh?

Big freaking cheetah head.

"Sometimes we cling on to a memory of someone in the hopes of a reconciliation. Or sometimes we cling on to an idea of someone we wish could be "The One". The fact is, though, whether you cling on to, orlet go of, an ex or idea, it doesn't really affect anything. Fate willnever bring about something which is not meant to be, nor will it ever disrupt something which was your destiny."
04-09-2005
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArynA
hahaha - actually she didnt even make me pay - which basically, she shouldn't have anyways. The thing is, most people would not be able to see it, but if you move my hair around you can see it. I KNOW IT - and that is what bothers me, you know? UHHHHHHH - I should have just had the nice lady who is educated and up on this kind of stuff - lessons to learn huh?

Big freaking cheetah head.
I know what you mean - you know something's amiss and that's what matters. But don't worry, it's fixable. Keep us updated - and get thee to a salon stat :p

~Madeleine Albright
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
color, cut, damages, emergency, hair, product