How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-09-2005
windowshopping

Well, $90 later, I am fixed and no longer a cheetah! They put lowlights and highlights in my hair and I am spot free. I went a this nice salon that I trust and will know how to rectify this type of problem - so a few days later - I am NOT LONGER a cheetah - prrrrrrrr!

"Sometimes we cling on to a memory of someone in the hopes of a reconciliation. Or sometimes we cling on to an idea of someone we wish could be "The One". The fact is, though, whether you cling on to, orlet go of, an ex or idea, it doesn't really affect anything. Fate willnever bring about something which is not meant to be, nor will it ever disrupt something which was your destiny."

06-09-2005
Deep Red Bells

^Oh.. I'm sure you were a very hot cheetah! I had bright pink hair once so I feel your pain.

13-09-2005
windowshopping

Dying over dye??
I recently dyed my hair but I'm not too fond of the colour - I want it lighter. Is it safe to dye over recently dyed hair?

13-09-2005
front row

Well it depends on your hair, i met a girl who dyed her hair three times in a day and it would still look gorgeous as ever.

rising star

Demi Permanent Color Correction
I used a demi-permanent (washed out in 28 shampoos) color on my hair. It was "Light Golden Brown" and turned my already highlighted hair a reddish brown. It is not too bad, but I'd love to make it a nice even brown. Does anyone know if I can use another demi-permanent in a medium or light ash brown to fix this? I just don't want to make it worse. Thanks!

18-12-2005
trendsetter

Hair emergency -Help!!!!
Last thursday I had highlights done and I've been crying ever since.
I need help.

All I wanted the colorist to do is just a dimension highlight, so tht my hair color is a bit spruced up and not so flat. My original hair color is brown, and I wanted delicate reds (for warmth) and lighter caramel colored blond (not literally blond) now she gave me a streaky blond and red color (partial highlight) the blond id almost turning green and there is a huge difference between the my color & the blond "green/yellow" they are not streks but looks like really thin streaks.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
is there anything she can do to take them completely out? I dont want to dye my hair. What are my options? I'm seeing her on Wed.
Thanx guys.

19-12-2005
front row

Maybe a toner could help? I also heard that baby shampoo will take the color out and a lot of conditioner. I do not think it will drastically remove it though. I have had problems with my hair color before and have had to dye it over again.

19-12-2005
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kora
All I wanted the colorist to do is just a dimension highlight, so tht my hair color is a bit spruced up and not so flat. My original hair color is brown, and I wanted delicate reds (for warmth) and lighter caramel colored blond (not literally blond) now she gave me a streaky blond and red color (partial highlight) the blond id almost turning green and there is a huge difference between the my color & the blond "green/yellow" they are not streks but looks like really thin streaks.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
is there anything she can do to take them completely out? I dont want to dye my hair. What are my options? I'm seeing her on Wed.
Thanx guys.
I think a toner is a good idea - henna (which isn't just red, but also caramel etc ) could help you out adding shine and life and even out the streakiness.

When I have highlights added I spend a lot of time emphasising what I want and what I don't want (No zebra streakiness, I want highlights but I don't want people to be able to say oh there is a highlight, I point out the kind of colours I want in my hair often from a hair colour sample sheet - your hairdresser should have those kinds as well, because in the end you can talk and talk but unless you can visually show her what you want you can still end up with something quiet different from what you had in mind but weren't able to conway..
Good luck

19-12-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
I think a toner is a good idea - henna (which isn't just red, but also caramel etc ) could help you out adding shine and life and even out the streakiness.

When I have highlights added I spend a lot of time emphasising what I want and what I don't want (No zebra streakiness, I want highlights but I don't want people to be able to say oh there is a highlight, I point out the kind of colours I want in my hair often from a hair colour sample sheet - your hairdresser should have those kinds as well, because in the end you can talk and talk but unless you can visually show her what you want you can still end up with something quiet different from what you had in mind but weren't able to conway..
Good luck
I know exactly what you mean by Zebra stripes. I'm a yellow/red zebra
I'm seeing her on Wed night and be back here to report, meanwhile I'm sooooo mad!
I ran into someone at a dept. store the other day & he ended up being a hair colorist and said that there are a few solutions that will completely take the color out and restore you natural color.We will see!

Thanx guys for yoru input.

21-12-2005
trendsetter

Ok my hair is fixed It was really easy, she applied a toner and what a dirrerence did it make! it is now just half a tone lighter than my natural hair color, what I wanted from the beginning. That makes me feel soooooooo much better.

27-12-2005
rising star

Damaged Hair
I will never again color my hair. I had beautiful, silky, chestnut brown hair that never had any problems. (see avatar)

a year ago, I got curious about hair color and wound up with a disaster. So, I went to a professional and she stripped the color 3 times and reapplied a color that was close to my original. It totally killed my hair (the coloring and then the ensuing stripping of color).

It's a little better now, but the ends are so dry and result in tangles. It makes my hair so difficult to manage. I haven't done a thing to my hair in over a year, and yet it's still dry and damaged. Is it supposed to take this long for it to grow back healthy?

I've used L'oreal anti-frizz serum and it's not working, I've used many conditioners (ranging from the very expensive to grocery store brands). I blowdry my hair on low, keep the nozzle a decent distance from my hair, and dry it every other day, sometimes every 3 days. I let it dry naturally and then blowdry it when it's just barely damp.

Parts of my hair are healthy, but overall it's still damaged. Should I wait longer for it to grow out? Or is there something I'm missing?
Thanks for your help

27-12-2005
windowshopping

You look lovely hon. You are doing the right thing with your hair. Keep it away from heat and use products with sunscreen. However The only way to make the damaged bits disappear is to cut them off. You need your hair to totally grow out, for a full head of heai it can take over a year. The frizzy ends are just whats left of the damaged coloured hair. I know it sounds harsh but once hair has been fried through colour treatments it aint getting better!

You could go and speak to your stylist who will be able to do a very deep conditioning treatment whcih should help. You will need to have this done every couple of weeks at least.

Have you tried natural / homemade conditioners. Olive oil is really good. Wash your hair then apply warmed olive oil to the damaged parts Pin up your hair and wear a shower cap for about half and hour then rinse with a very mild shampoo (baby shampoo is great.) This is one of the only things that makes my frizz bomb hair manageable.

Let me know how you get on!

front row

Don't wash your hair every day, that will strip the natural oils. Mine is bleached and in great condition b/c of that. I had mine stripped and re colored a couple of years ago, and my stylist gave me Kerastase (the green bottles are for severely damaged hair) and my hair improved drastically.

30-12-2005
windowshopping

Double Processed Hair.....and still hate it!!!
Greetings,

I am having a "panic attack" with my hair and was wondering if anyone (espcially a professional) can help!

I just came from a salon and had a "double process" with two times "toners".
I other words, I came in for highlights, had my dark roots lifted to a lighter color using bleach, then, dyed it to a number 8 blonde and bleached some parts again for highlights. Well, highlights fell off - COMPLETELY and the stylist decided to use a toner (twice) to calm the "yellowness". Now my hair looks severly damaged, abnormally fragile and its horrible looking. I hate the way it looks now.

I now have this weired unidentifiable hair color. Almost looks like a bad shade of "strawberry, carroty blonde/light red".

I want to march in the salon first thing and just dye it completey "dark brown".

Question is.....is that duable? Considering that my hair has suffered in breakage clumps!!!

PLease, Please, Please someone get back to me!!!!

Please....I'm dying here!

30-12-2005
scenester

hey dear,
can take a pic of your hair condition and show us?
perhaps it's not as bad as u think!

dying your hair dark brown is a good alternative.. provided you can find henna hairdye, which is more gentle to the hair.

show us a pic to se how bad the condition, if possible!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
color, cut, damages, emergency, hair, product