How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-01-2006
backstage pass

My advice is to dissolve some aspirin in a glass of water and rinse your hair with it. That should neutralize the green if it's due to chlorine in the water...

28-01-2006
fashion insider

Wow, that could happen...? I should be more aware next time...

28-01-2006
windowshopping

yeh its pretty scary! its pathetic tho, its only the water in PA that makes my hair green, everyone else in the world doesnt bother my hair!!

28-01-2006
V.I.P.

O used to be on the swim team and used a really good shampoo that was especially to get the chlorine out of your hair. I just dont remember what it's called...

It was a white bottle with black kind of blocky writting. The name of the shampoo was written side ways on the left side of the shapoo, it was the #3 formula I believe.

28-01-2006
windowshopping

hmm let me know if u remember, im gonna try the lush purple shampoo and see if it helps, but totally up for any ideas!

29-01-2006
V.I.P.

My friend was telling me the other day that the same thing happened with a friend of hers.
Apparently she used some apple cider vinegar in her hair (diluted in water I suppose), and the green shades disappeared 2 to 3 days later.

Good luck!

29-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucindaMay
I can never understand why people go on "detox" diets and buy expensive hair products and face cream and then not worry about the water that they are cleaning themselves with. You absorb more water through your skin than you do drinking it.

I can never understand why people repeat blatantly silly things without actually thinking about whether or not they are true or even reasonable.

31-01-2006
windowshopping

Oops! Hair Color Mistakes
hey guys. i really need your help. 3 days ago i went to a hairdresser to dye my hair blonde. i hab dark blonde hair before i went to the hairdresser and now they are a mix from yellow and very light blonde. it looks so ugly. i have long hair and only my hair up to the chin is yellow and light blonde, the rest is dark blonde. is it possible that i dye my hair brown or something like that. can i dye it in the next days? i can't live with that hair....

front row

There is a very easy and simple answer to this problem. It happened to me once and all I did was get swimmers shampoo, wash my hair 5 times in a row and it was fixed. Use it for as long as you are in the dorm.

I asked a few salons first and had some really bad advice, thank heavens I didn't listen. One told me to strip the color (fry my hair) and dye it.

I hope you haven't done anything like that yet because it is NOT necessary.

Let me know how you make out.

My hair was really green too, I know how you feel but it was fixed in no time flat with swimmers shampoo.

Size matters.
01-02-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinuvielberen

I can never understand why people repeat blatantly silly things without actually thinking about whether or not they are true or even reasonable.
Maybe you should do some research before you go making accusations.

"Up to 2/3 of our harmful exposure to chlorine is due to inhalation of steam and skin absorption while showering.

A warm shower opens up the pores of the skin and allows for accelerated absorption of chlorine and other chemicals in water. The steam we inhale while showering can contain up to 50 times the level of chemicals that tap water contains, due to the fact that chlorine and most other contaminants vaporize much faster and at a lower temperature than water. Inhalation is a much more harmful means of exposure, as the chlorine gas (chloroform) we inhale travels directly into our blood stream. When we drink contaminated water, the toxins are partially filtered out by our kidneys and digestive system. Chlorine vapors are known to be a strong irritant to the sensitive tissue and bronchial passages inside our lungs; they were used as a chemical weapon in World War II. The inhalation of chlorine is a suspected cause of asthma and bronchitis, especially in children; such cases have increased 300% in the last two decades."

http://www.aquasanastore.com/water-facts.html

01-02-2006
front row

I had the same problem when I went to school in WV, so I got a water filter. It REALLY helped. I also take Vitamin C, crush it up, put it in bottled water and rinse my hair with it once a week.

02-02-2006
windowshopping

Hair breakage from coloring
I have been getting blonde highlights for years now and I usually get a bigger piece at the very front. I've realized that now I have some really bad breakage there form doing that. What are some products or tips for building up it's strength and back to proper health so when I redye (probably pretty soon) they won't be all gone.

03-02-2006
scenester

my hairdersser recommended the use of pure olive oil-put it on on dry hair, leave it on for as long as you wish, then shampoo it off as is(do not wet hair,before applying shampoo, this will get rid of all the oil), and then continue with whatever you normally do.

03-02-2006
windowshopping

I agree with the last post- don't try to fix this at home. And I recommend NOT to use Henna. Maybe there are different types out there but if you use Henna and want to go back to blonde, it will fry your hair. My hair colorist once highlighted a girl's hair that had Henna in it and he said the foil was actually HOT because of the reaction. It ended up working but it definitely damaged the hair. I know Henna is natural (I used to use it) but it doesn't seem to mix well with other hair color.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes. I really hope everything will work out ok! (My wedding is coming up and I can imagine the panic you must have felt.)

03-02-2006
front row

Mind posting your ex-hairdressers name and salon so fellow tFSers can avoid her?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
color, cut, damages, emergency, hair, product