How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-06-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyShow View Post
well, makes sense, but think about how much of your hair sheds each day, the hair coming out with the glue was just shedded hair... literally glued to the extension. unless she ripped them out...
she thought it was due to the chemical in the glue..she got very paranoid.
no, she didn't rip them off.

15-06-2008
V.I.P.

i thought about having a lacefront at some point in my life....

sometimes i want longer hair, sometimes i feel like a buzzcut.

15-06-2008
tfs star

lacefronts are scary realistic. i work at this wig boutique and we have a lot of drag queen clients who do pageants, and i'm tellin you... when i try on their wigs it literally looks like it's growing out of my head. it's sooo cool.

16-06-2008
V.I.P.

i know! main reason why i wanna do it trying out crazy hairstyles w/o the damage.

20-06-2008
tfs star

they're expensive thooooooooooooooough!

21-07-2008
trendsetter

Great Lengths Extensions
Has anyone tried this type of extensions or know of anyone that has used the method?

I am considering it for myself but its quiet expensive and wondering if it's "worth" the investment.

Mm

22-07-2008
tfs star

I watched a documentary on extensions the other day presented by Jamelia (singer).
It was really interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00cr3hj iplayer
Quote:
Pop singer Jamelia investigates the hair extension industry. Real human hair extensions are becoming as much a part of girls' beauty regimes as fake tans. From celebrities to schoolgirls, women will spend anything from 20 to 2,000 pounds to clip, glue or sew another girl's hair on to their heads. As a result of a massive recent increase in popularity, the human hair industry has exploded with an estimated 65 million pounds being spent every year on extensions in the UK alone.
Jamelia travels in search of the girls whose hair goes into the product. She follows a trail of hair back to its roots, on an international road trip from exclusive London salons to a dingy Moscow apartment where men trade human ponytails for cash to the hair-sacrificing temples of southern India. Jamelia even has her own extensions analysed using ground-breaking forensic techniques, to try and track down the woman whose hair she wore on a recent TV appearance.
Jamelia's journey brings her face to face with some of her worst fears when she witnesses bunches of hair being shaved from toddlers' heads and meets a 13-year old flogging her hair in exchange for pocket money.

trendsetter

Similar documentary from a German news program.
You may need to get it translated if you cant read german.

Sorry

http://www3.ndr.de/ndrtv_pages_std/0...632612,00.html

25-07-2008
V.I.P.

While shaving toddlers and taking it from woman is terrible, I'm sure (I hope) thats not the norm. There is corruption in most industries so thats nothing new (child labor and fakes for clothing, for example). I actually think hair extensions are a good way for women, or men too I guess, to get money for food when they're struggling pretty easily and painlessly. I mean what would they do otherwise? starve, prostitution, selling kidneys? Cutting their hair seems like a better option. Probably the last thing they're thinking about is vanity.

26-07-2008
fashion elite

My personal advice, I wear extensions(sewed) and I could not be happier!!!Gorgeous hair, great length and very easy to take care of!!!Furthermore, sewed extensions are the best in my humble opinion and this is obvious if you compare them to glued extensions as I have friends who actually had to cut their hair ending up in tears!
As for the cost, I am not really sure as I got mine in a beaty salon in Paris belonging to one of my best friends and got everything done for just 120 euros but when I say everything I say everything: six layers of hair,clips...

If you want some advice just ask me and perphaps I can help you with my experience that, as I said before, could have not been any better!!

V.I.P.

120 euros?? it is real hair? I spend nearly 2k every 6 months but I get compliments on my hair all the time.

08-08-2008
front row

Hair extensions!!!!
Ok so probably no one here knows who i am since i barely ever have the time to get online but this site has always helped me with my fashion errr troubles u might say and this time its concerning hair extensions!!! helppp!! my hair is a bit past my shoulders and im really into the whole wavy hair look right now and am considering clip on hair extensions except the town im in is sort of clueless and oblivious to the fact that they actually exist so any recomended sites or pictures would really be helpful!!!

19-08-2008
boo

You can get clip in hair extensions on many websites..they are really easy to use!

I had microlinks in for like a month but I got sick of them and took them out..

20-08-2008
front row

ok so i got the clip in hair extentions except they get painful after a while and im looking for smth more permanent except after hearing all these stories im terrified of losing my own hair:S id really wanna know wut lauren conrad from the hills does to her hair if its glued sewed or wut kind it is because it just looks amazing

21-09-2008
V.I.P.

i kept asking on lauren s thread the same question but no answer!!!

i use clip on extensions too, but they feel sooo heavy and my head looks big when i put them on so i just stopped.
couple years ago i tried sewed on extensions at a place in Montreal and liked it, but since i went on vacation for 2 months, i couldn t get them tightened so i had to remove them. after which i thought my hair was soooo much lighter .
anyway, i m kind of interested in another form of extensions except where i live now, they only seem to do glued on extensions or clip ons and just like you am kind of unsure about the whole glue thing...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
extensions, hair