How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-12-2009
rising star

Nope. I've had a few pieces fall out when I tugged at my hair with a brush (but that was my own fault). But other than that, they always seem to hold up really well.

19-12-2009
front row

I used to have extensions, but at first it looked awful (when I had really long extensions).
It always looks better when it's natural, on normal unfamous people who can't afford the same experts.

27-02-2010
Amour Comme Hiver

I have short hair and I love it (it's just a lot easier), but I recently did a play in which I wear a lacefront, and I realized- I'm ready for a change! I think I want long hair, and I think I'm gonna get a weave. Does anyone have suggestions as to what kind to get? I'm torn between sewn in and clip ins- clip ins are better for your hair, but I think sewn in is better for length (which is what I want/need).

27-02-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKharma View Post
I have short hair and I love it (it's just a lot easier), but I recently did a play in which I wear a lacefront, and I realized- I'm ready for a change! I think I want long hair, and I think I'm gonna get a weave. Does anyone have suggestions as to what kind to get? I'm torn between sewn in and clip ins- clip ins are better for your hair, but I think sewn in is better for length (which is what I want/need).
i ve had both and sewn in are good, the first couple of days your head s kinda tight but then it gets better. the good thing with sewn in is that you can pretty much do anything with them, go to the beach... but then you d have to tighten them every month or so.

clip ins are a good option if you re looking for something not permanent. if it s just a once in a while thing for big occasions

13-06-2010
tfs star

i was thinking about getting some of the clip ons of real hair from a place in midtown manhattan, helena collection. anybody know a good way to buy the clip ons so they match, is it best to just go in and have them look at it?

03-07-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96 View Post
120 euros?? it is real hair? I spend nearly 2k every 6 months but I get compliments on my hair all the time.
whoa! that's crazy! where do you get it done?! i have sewn-in extensions and i use only virgin remi malaysian hair and i paid $285 (canadian) and that included the initial track installation cost, the hair, initial machine wefting cost and hair cut! everything was a one time fee and then every couple months i just pay $50 for a tightening. it's strange, i always hear about extensions costing thousands and those are the ones that actually look the worst and most noticeable (mostly based on celebs...nicole richie, lindsay lohan, britney spears...).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
extensions, hair