How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-05-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

alrighty I'm thinking of hair extensions but don't know where to begin because I live in a small crappy city. What do I say to people at salons? Just inquire if they do real hair extensions? Not many people get them here so I don't know who to ask for recommendations. Boooo.

19-05-2004
windowshopping

i got glued in hair extentions... but only 3 streaks...
it looks nice =)))
hmmm...but if you want extentions make sure you take care of it~~~
or else it could get frizzy and weird

14-02-2005
fashion insider

I want to get hair extensions, but I'm a bit scared that it can damage my own hair. Not I've heard that there is a new technologies to stick extensions with ultra sound. What do you think about it. I think we have Greatlengths salon here in Hungary. Are they good?
One more question: How do they put off the extensions? Will it be painful or hard to put off?

15-02-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I've wanted hair extensions, but I just don't have the cash. It'd be great if I could spend a fairly inexpensive amount on some clip hair extensions, but I don't see that happening for me...

18-02-2005
windowshopping

Has anyone tried the Conair Quick Extensions kit?

18-02-2005
backstage pass

I had an awesome, waist-length blonde weave a couple of years ago. It looked awesome but they hurt me constantly, then the stylist at a show I did made me take them out...then stole the hair.

I just felt like telling my story, because it still frustrates me to this day

Anyway, point is they hurt

18-02-2005
fashion insider

^^ oh my...

How did you take them out? Was it painful?

27-06-2005
windowshopping

Hair Extension Methods
What type of extension method do you prefere? I vote for the weave technique!!!!

29-06-2005
windowshopping

are different types more money?

30-06-2005
front row

yes they are. weaving, is more expensiving than having them glued in. :]

30-06-2005
windowshopping

In the long run, a weave will end up costing less money if Installed correctly. The start up cost in any extension method will cost some money, But you will wear the hair (once again, if the hair is a good grade) for up to 6-12 months before you have to replace parts of it. Once the extensions are installed, there is only a track maintainance charge, I charge $60/ track every 2 months. most of my clients wear 2 tracks, that is $120 every 2-3 months of maintainance. The hair will range from $60 - $200 CAD to add hair on occasion, whenever you see nessacary.

With my experience in other methods, genereally the hair has to be replaced each 2-4 months. When the extensions grow out so does the method. You will have to pay to remove the extensions, and pay to have them installed again, and pay to have new hair as well. The hair is not reusable.....

I believe that the weave technique is quite reasonable. In the long run, I think it will end up costing you less. If Done Correct!!!

Any more questions please ask!
Thank you
Fallyne

30-06-2005
scenester

Fallyne do you mid me asking what type of hair you use as mine doesn't seem to last long and I have to replace it sometimes every 3 weeks!

30-06-2005
Day Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallyne
In the long run, a weave will end up costing less money if Installed correctly. The start up cost in any extension method will cost some money, But you will wear the hair (once again, if the hair is a good grade) for up to 6-12 months before you have to replace parts of it. Once the extensions are installed, there is only a track maintainance charge, I charge $60/ track every 2 months. most of my clients wear 2 tracks, that is $120 every 2-3 months of maintainance. The hair will range from $60 - $200 CAD to add hair on occasion, whenever you see nessacary.

With my experience in other methods, genereally the hair has to be replaced each 2-4 months. When the extensions grow out so does the method. You will have to pay to remove the extensions, and pay to have them installed again, and pay to have new hair as well. The hair is not reusable.....

I believe that the weave technique is quite reasonable. In the long run, I think it will end up costing you less. If Done Correct!!!

Any more questions please ask!
Thank you
Fallyne
I assume you're Canadian, where are you from.. I'm thinking I'd like to get them!! I'm in Toronto

30-06-2005
windowshopping

laineybugz: I use 3 different grades of hair, each one will last a bit longer.

1-Virgin Indo Hair: Origin from India, a 100% Virgin Indo texture, dark in color- generally a beautiful brown-black to a chocolate med brown. It has usually a very beautiful wave in it, naturally. It is a great grade and will last if taken care of for aprox 6 months. This will run $60/oz CAD for any length.

2-Processed European hair: Origin as well from India, it is not $100 Virgin, it has been color processed to be any color you wish it to be to match your hair. It has also been thru a chemical process to make the texture of the hair feel more like a European Texture, it is a lot finer than the Virgin Indo Hair. Also a beautiful grade, but will last a couple months longer than the Virgin Indo hair, If you take good care of it, it will last up to 6-8 months. This will run $125/oz for 18"-20" and up to $150/oz 20"-24" for the longer length.

3-Raw Virgin Russian hair: Origin from Russia. It is again 100% Raw Virgin hair. never been treated in any way, all natural. It is the best hair on the market for lasting extensions. THe texture is naturally very soft and silky, with different waves thru it. Some batches of the hair will be practically straight, some will be more wavy and some will be curly. This hair is so beautiful. I personally wear it right now, I will never take it out. It runs $200/oz 18"-20" and $250/oz 20"-24"

You should not have to replace it that soon, it should always last a couple of months.

30-06-2005
windowshopping

AndoraStar:

Yes I am from Canada, I live in Vancouver BC. I will be traveling eastward this x-mas, but other than that i will not be making it to TO anytime soon. If you want to E-mail me in regards to reccomendations, please do
Salon_Fallyne@yahoo.ca

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
extensions, hair