How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-12-2005
backstage pass

Glue ins are kind of nice if you just want to try out extensions for a short amount of time.. like 3-4 weeks. They're also way cheaper. If you're thinking about getting extentions, I'd recommend some glue ins to experiment with the length and such, and just to see if you like the look, and then go for a weave. I like glue ins because I can't commit to anything! This way I can change the length/color/whatever really easily and cheaply.

My fave models: Gemma, Sasha, Stammy, Trentini, Vlada <3

02-12-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardboxed
Glue ins are kind of nice if you just want to try out extensions for a short amount of time.. like 3-4 weeks. They're also way cheaper. If you're thinking about getting extentions, I'd recommend some glue ins to experiment with the length and such, and just to see if you like the look, and then go for a weave. I like glue ins because I can't commit to anything! This way I can change the length/color/whatever really easily and cheaply.
I have glue ins and I dont think they were cheap at all, but I'm thinking maybe they are compared to a weave? How much do those usually cost?

02-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96
I have glue ins and I dont think they were cheap at all, but I'm thinking maybe they are compared to a weave? How much do those usually cost?
Weaves are hunnndreds. I've heard of them going up to over a thousand.

Glue ins you can buy at sallys beauty supply. You can get Human hair, or synthetic. There are som crappy synthetic hairs, but there are some nice ones. Usually synthetic hair that you can heat style are pretty nice quality. I actually think they look a bit better than human sometimes. They're so nice and slick and shiny! They're anywhere from about $10-$15 per pack, maybe more or less depending on length. I think human hair that is 8" is about $10... and synthetic that is 14" is about $15. So really cheap compared to weaves! The glue is like a dollar. To make it last longer, make sure you press firmly, and blasting it with a blowdryer can help set the glue.

You can also re-glue spots when they get loose, and that helps them stay in a lot longer. You can also reuse them! So if they start getting gross and falling out, all you have to do is take them out, clean the old glue off of them, and the put them back in.

Whew, that was long. Hope it helped.

My fave models: Gemma, Sasha, Stammy, Trentini, Vlada <3
02-12-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardboxed
Weaves are hunnndreds. I've heard of them going up to over a thousand.

Glue ins you can buy at sallys beauty supply. You can get Human hair, or synthetic. There are som crappy synthetic hairs, but there are some nice ones. Usually synthetic hair that you can heat style are pretty nice quality. I actually think they look a bit better than human sometimes. They're so nice and slick and shiny! They're anywhere from about $10-$15 per pack, maybe more or less depending on length. I think human hair that is 8" is about $10... and synthetic that is 14" is about $15. So really cheap compared to weaves! The glue is like a dollar. To make it last longer, make sure you press firmly, and blasting it with a blowdryer can help set the glue.

You can also re-glue spots when they get loose, and that helps them stay in a lot longer. You can also reuse them! So if they start getting gross and falling out, all you have to do is take them out, clean the old glue off of them, and the put them back in.

Whew, that was long. Hope it helped.
Thanks for the reply These are different glue in then.. Mine were about 1900 and stay in for 6 months. I was thinking if glue ins are cheap compared to a weave, a weave must be insanley priced! I'm getting my extentions replaced in about 2-3 weeks, I would really like to try outthe weave but theres no place that does it here

21-12-2005
trendsetter

i have extensions, my salon only uses great lengths, i love it its naturally wavey, the indian hair which makes it unique =D miens were like 16" long and i had 3 bundles it came to a total cost of $695 Canadain dollars. not that bad eh? Im just worried what would happen when i take it off in febaruary 2006!! will I feel like i have no more hair anymore =S has anywone used great lengths before?!?

21-12-2005
tfs star

yay! i found the hair extension thread!
made, are you in TO? i'm doing research for extensions right now..

question for the experts.. can it be done on short hair, like bangs? will it be obvious if its on the fringe, since i usually do the sideswept bangs look and want to cover up these nasty bangs that kind of stick up! ..

21-12-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky*
yay! i found the hair extension thread!
made, are you in TO? i'm doing research for extensions right now..

question for the experts.. can it be done on short hair, like bangs? will it be obvious if its on the fringe, since i usually do the sideswept bangs look and want to cover up these nasty bangs that kind of stick up! ..
Yvonne!!!:p mmph about the bangs, are yo talking about the bangs in the front? cause if its in the front...i dont suppose you can because the protein thingy that bonds our hair and the extension hair is hardish shiniish plasticy and it might show through...I think for this, you have to consult with your stylist. The extensions i did was from great lengths. you should go chekc their site. teheheh gl yvonne!

21-12-2005
tfs star

yup bangs on the front! i had the unfortunate experience of getting a haircut from a madman. they're waaay too short right now, all around as well.

so, as a rule, you can't really do extensions near the top of your head, or near your part? only under the crown of your head where hair can cover them?

21-12-2005
trendsetter

well i dont think you can do extensions in the FRONT top of your head but the extensions are located at the very upper part of the head as for length and volume, im just not sure if you can have it at the FRONT top. I have some extenisons at the side of my head, like you know near the ear part. your best bet is to go to a consultaion =D

23-12-2005
fashion elite

I hate my bangs now, can I get extensions and make their lenght like the rest of my hair!

fashion elite

I hate my bangs now, can I get extensions and make their lenght like the rest of my hair!?

trendsetter

odette, i can call my extensionist and ask him about your bangs. really a consultation helps a lot and is free! just the time is precious, i know =)P

23-12-2005
V.I.P.

Pinky -- I called my extention lady earlier today and she said that it's possible to put them in the bangs underneath the top layer of hair so that they dont show, but that they drove her crazy when she got them. She said they get in the way and that they grow out quickly.

I'd at least make an appt for a consultation and they'll be able to help the most, since the extentions and how they put them in can varry

23-12-2005
trendsetter

guess girl!!! what kind of extensions do you use? great lengths? tehehhe i am lovnig extensions jtu its annoying whrn you want to use those BIG clip to clip all your hair into a ponytail >< i have to be super precise and careful but its all good

23-12-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madem0iselle
guess girl!!! what kind of extensions do you use? great lengths? tehehhe i am lovnig extensions jtu its annoying whrn you want to use those BIG clip to clip all your hair into a ponytail >< i have to be super precise and careful but its all good
Mine are from SoCap. Anyone else have extentions from them? I agree they can be annoying at times but overall I love them

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
extensions, hair