How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-12-2005
tfs star

ohh, thats great news gg! thanks so much!

24-12-2005
fashion elite

Thanks guessgirl and mademoiselle!! I think I am going to do it cause the worst thing that could happen is to have my extensions falling out and having my bangs as always!

fashion elite

My bangs look like this,perphaps a bit longer and I want to get my extensions to increase their size(make as long as my hair).

Source:google.es

Last edited by Odette; 24-12-2005 at 07:23 AM.
24-12-2005
trendsetter

aww oddette your bangs dosnt seem to sound that bad, it actually looks CUTE!!!

24-12-2005
fashion elite

Yeah they WERE nice once but now I am digging this Kate Moss look(long hair,all same size) so thats why. It's not that bad I guess. Can I get them done in any case?

trendsetter

i think you can , its possible but may be irritating and hard, do you know the salons you are going to go get them done or the brand of the hair?

25-12-2005
fashion elite

Well I am going to ask for some info at my salon and then I'll tell you cause at the minute I don't know, I am such a newbie in extensions

windowshopping

Odette, it should be quite easy and inexpensive to make your hair all the same length. Ask the stylist for bonding and make sure she uses the clear glue.

I have afro hair and have been wearing extensions since my mother let me so I consider myself a bit of an expert! If you need any advice or opinions just ask.

Here are a few tips.

* The method that involves gluing individual strands looks awful. All it takes is a gust of wind and the whole world can see the glue forest.

* If you have fine straight hair and just want to add some length try bonding, where wefts of hair are glued in strips to your own hair. The hair can be placed whereever you need length, thickness and looks great Its also less heavy than a full weave. Naomi Campbell is a great example of someone with this type of extension.

* Please, please take into account your natural hair colour and texture when choosing the extensions in your hair. I have seen so many women with naturally wavy dark blonde hair, who seem to think that the platinum blonde bone straight extensions in their hair look natural.

* Colour, if you buy human hair it is possible to dye it to match your natural shade. Most hairdressers will also dye your extansions if you have an unsual shade. What many people dont know if that extensions can be used to add colour. If you ancy highlights/lowlights you can have hair bonded in that will enhance your colour without the damage that dye does to your real hair.

fashion elite

Chika that was GREAT!! Karma, glad you took the time to write it up, thanks.
I will ask tomorrow for info, I phoned up today but the stylist had a free day so I'll meet her tomorrow. You think it will be too expensive cause I guess like 100 euros?? It's just the fringe but just in case.
Just one thing, I am supposed to visit her before to discuss the method and the colour of the extension or is it all during the same day? Does it hurt a lot? Do I need to be extra careful when I get them done? Can I wear a ponytail? Will people notice them??
I am excited, fringe out of the way.

windowshopping

Hi Odette.

I shouldn't think that a fringe will be more than 100 Euros. A good stylist will give you a consultation free of charge. She should explain the type of hair she uses, the method of attaching them and the car instructions.

You will be find to wear your hair in a pony tail. Let me know how you get on.

Chi x

fashion elite

The thing is that I just phoned up and they told me to visit them, of course paying, but they won't tell me if extensions on bangs are possible!! That's the only thing I want to know actually.
This is becoming such a nightmare

trendsetter

mmph which salon are you going to like who reccomendded it? and do you know whihc kind of hair she/he is going to put in your own hair?

27-12-2005
fashion elite

it's tomorrow so I don't even know the important thing, can I get them of my bangs?¿? It's driving me insane!!

fashion elite

Well no I have the info, it will be round 50 extensions and I'll glue them with keratine I guess she said. Then it's going to be around 365,00 euros and they last for 6 months.
I have until the 6th of Jan to decide wether I want to get them done or not and then I'll phone up and cut a bit of my own hair to get the extensions a similar colour.
To me it sounds nice and six months or even nearly a year if I take good care of them. I just want to ask a little question: is it worth the money?
My parents are going to give me the money as a Christmas present so...I just don't want to waste their money. Can someone tell me?
Lastly, can any of you with extensions PM or something? I really want to know about your experiences

trendsetter

odette= how many bundles will that be? I know ffrom what i got, my hair was shoul;der length i got 16" so it ended up like at the bottom of my chest or longer it was pretty damn long. so i had 3 bundles 16" and all together with the cut and everyuthing it costed me $695. so lets convert it to euro that would be 504.16 Euros. Are you using great lengths orr another brand? Mines is Great lengths and when it is applide it does not hurt a bit. I havent got mines taken out yet, im getting it taken out in febuary. I am a little worried myself too because the real damage is when it is takened off. I dont have extensions in the front as bangs, so i cannot tell you how it feels or how to manage it. but i can tell you that it will feel weird in the begining. secoundly is if you are getting it in the front if you pull all your hair back (including the bangs) I wonder if the bonded area would be shown.
i have pointed out the bonded area so you can have a clearer view mines is like paris hilton's but mines is black since the hair is dark dark brown, but hers is yellow since she has blond extensions
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...aby/bonded.jpg
hope this helps!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
extensions, hair