How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-03-2006
fashion icon

Eeek hair extensions are scary unless you are a celeb and can get super good ones...

26-03-2006
trendsetter

^ wy do you think hair extensions are scary? i love them.. =P

26-03-2006
fashion icon

I just can't imagine them hehe! I suppose if you match them really well they would be okay but I always invision them in a drag-queen style haha

26-03-2006
trendsetter

ahahaha i see why! yeah ive seen some really poor done extensions, i have them on now, they actually blend in nicely =)

27-03-2006
fashion icon

Haha yeah I'm a bit silly hehe! They look great on most celebs! And I'm sure they look great on you too hehe!

27-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by morena
Hi mammab! Yes, I can. There is one good company in englad that sells via e-bay http://stores.ebay.com/CONNECT-HAIR they also have a hair extension forum, check it out http://www.connecthair.com/
Wow, thank you soooooooo much !!

27-03-2006
backstage pass

one more question . . .
I'm thinking to do my own extensions via the shrinkies method (since nobody here in the US does them that I could find thus far).

Would this be possible? Has anyone else done them themselves?

27-03-2006
trendsetter

mammab- i live in vancouver its like harder for me to find a certified salon with good hair extensions but i did, im sure in teh US there are more options and so on. have you chekced great lengths? they do christina aguilara and a lot of other celebs. their hair quiality is quite nice, and its easy to locate a location in yiour contry to find a certifited salon =) i wouldnt dare doing it nyself cause its a little risky and i mean i dont know, you know =P tell me what youve decided =)

27-03-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammab
I'm thinking to do my own extensions via the shrinkies method (since nobody here in the US does them that I could find thus far).

Would this be possible? Has anyone else done them themselves?
MammaB, if you check out the forum I gave you the link to, you can find there good tutorials and also if you check the main forum named HAIR EXTENSIONS there, trained experts who visit that site will help you out.

28-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by madem0iselle
mammab- i live in vancouver its like harder for me to find a certified salon with good hair extensions but i did, im sure in teh US there are more options and so on. have you chekced great lengths? they do christina aguilara and a lot of other celebs. their hair quiality is quite nice, and its easy to locate a location in yiour contry to find a certifited salon =) i wouldnt dare doing it nyself cause its a little risky and i mean i dont know, you know =P tell me what youve decided =)
Thanks mademOiselle -- I frequently visit Vancouver, at least once a month. Can you reccomend who you visited there? Did they do great length hair via the air pressure method? That looks very quick and FAST.

I pretty much like to do everything myself and I just know myself, if I do get it professionally done, I will eventually end up doing it myself. This happened when I first got hair extensions a long time ago, I kept thinking, I can do it myself, and I did. Same thing with acrylic nails -- do those msyelf as well. My only problem I seem to be having right now is finding good quality hair on-line. I'm so paranoid about scam artists and don't want to end up w/crap hair after paying $$.

Morena - thanks for that information. I love that site! I was lurking there and was reading everything and thats how I discovered the shrinkies method. I emailed the owner of the other UK hair site about hair and getting the shrinkies kit. I read someone there was going to do it themselves but I couldn't find where she followed up. I hope he/she emails back soon, I am excited to get them done.

Does anyone know how the shrinkies are removed? Couldn't find that either.

Anyhow, that's for your help you guys! This is a great forum!

28-03-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Morena - thanks for that information. I love that site! I was lurking there and was reading everything and thats how I discovered the shrinkies method. I emailed the owner of the other UK hair site about hair and getting the shrinkies kit. I read someone there was going to do it themselves but I couldn't find where she followed up. I hope he/she emails back soon, I am excited to get them done.

Mammab, I have the shrinkies method myself (40 strands in 18 inches just to add volume to my own hair) but I got it done at a local salon. I was thinking of getting the tools too so that I could do them myself...

I have ordered some hair from connect-hair shop before for clip-in extensions that I made for my mum. Very important is to find hair that has structure that fits your own hair so that it is not noticeable that you are wearing extensions. I know that this one particular company will send you a sample of hair (certain type you will request) for free if you send them a stamped envelope (I dont know how it works if you are not from the UK though, maybe you could contact the seller there, she is at the forums under the nick name ZEPHYR and is a very nice lady).

Now back to the shrinkies method. I found another site that sells hair and stuff that you need for the shrinkies method http://drlocks.bluedomino.com/store/...es_system.html

Maybe you could register at the forum that I mentioned above and request a tutorial on how to do them.

29-03-2006
front row

I have had extensions for almost one year and I am wondering if it will cause thinning or hair loss. For those who had extensions and taken them out, please let me know if your hair got thinner. Thanks!!

29-03-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96
Thanks for the reply These are different glue in then.. Mine were about 1900 and stay in for 6 months. I was thinking if glue ins are cheap compared to a weave, a weave must be insanley priced! I'm getting my extentions replaced in about 2-3 weeks, I would really like to try outthe weave but theres no place that does it here
I lived in Ohio during college and there's a nice salon in Cleveland Heights (Studio Taylor on Fairmont) where they might do weaves. I've never had extensions, but I suspect they're the kind of place that would do it.

I don't have the money or the right hair for extensions (it's already too thick). They're also too high maintenance for me.

Last edited by marqueemoon; 29-03-2006 at 04:31 PM.
30-03-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Thanks mademOiselle -- I frequently visit Vancouver, at least once a month. Can you reccomend who you visited there? Did they do great length hair via the air pressure method? That looks very quick and FAST.

I pretty much like to do everything myself and I just know myself, if I do get it professionally done, I will eventually end up doing it myself. This happened when I first got hair extensions a long time ago, I kept thinking, I can do it myself, and I did. Same thing with acrylic nails -- do those msyelf as well. My only problem I seem to be having right now is finding good quality hair on-line. I'm so paranoid about scam artists and don't want to end up w/crap hair after paying $$.

mammab- here in vancouver, SUKI'S at Granville is quite popular, they do the Great Lengths. Ask for Laura. she Did mines, Jean Paul use to do mines but he left Suki's and I have nop idea where he is, but he is very good as well as Laura. The 2nd place that you would want to think about is " THE LOUNGE HAIR" www.loungehairstudio.com it is more expsnive than SUKI'S Ive never been there but Ive asked for the price asking for 20" and 2 bundles. Suki is cheaper althouh they use the same Great Lengths, maybe its the tecnhique? I have no idea, since I am still in high school, i decided to go for Suki's since its ceheaper and Suki is very popular and has very high standards too. Another good place is MOHAIR, it is located in Yaletown, yet they do only WEAVINGS no bondings. and they use REMI hair, there are various types liek VIRGIN or etc..its not cheap too.

As for the Air Pressure Method, no Suki didnt use that, they used the classic normal machine. I dont mind since its only 3 hours and I always do my homework there or read.

suki's at Grancille- (604) 738 7713

www.mohairstudio.com

There are other hair studios that do extensions, but Suki, Mohair and The hair Loung Studio is more well known. tell me what youve decided!

30-03-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb415
I have had extensions for almost one year and I am wondering if it will cause thinning or hair loss. For those who had extensions and taken them out, please let me know if your hair got thinner. Thanks!!
Ive got my extensions taken out in Febuaryand put back on, on the same day, so i dont know what to say =P but i do think it might thin your hair , yet i have thick hair. what kind of extensions do you have? mines is the bonded with keratin protein by great lengths.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
extensions, hair