How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-03-2006
front row

Mine is the same, and I used to have shrinkies. When I got mine taken out and put back on the same day, I noticed so much of my own hair was coming out while she was taking the extensions off, but the extensionist said "it is normal because we shed a lot of hair everyday and all the hair shedded is stuck on the bonds." I don't know if I should believe her, did this happen to you too?

31-03-2006
windowshopping

I get my extensions done by Salon Elan on Beverly Boulevard @ about La Brea in LA - the stylist is Elan. He uses microrings - so there is no glue or painful weaving. I pay about $400 and I have had this set in for 4 months - I've only lost 3 pieces. He's really great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessavz
Thanks for answering guessgirl ; - )I reeeeeally wish they were cheaper...lol Can anyone recommend someone in the Los Angeles area who does extensions ?

01-04-2006
windowshopping

Does anyone know of a good exstensionist/salon in the Bay Area?

I am contemplating getting extensions put in, but have no idea how to go about finding a stylist.

Thanks!

02-04-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb415
Mine is the same, and I used to have shrinkies. When I got mine taken out and put back on the same day, I noticed so much of my own hair was coming out while she was taking the extensions off, but the extensionist said "it is normal because we shed a lot of hair everyday and all the hair shedded is stuck on the bonds." I don't know if I should believe her, did this happen to you too?
ahah thats what my stylist said tiioo!!

03-04-2006
front row

why don't people just cut their hair when they want to take out their extentions?

windowshopping

Interesting...I was thinking about doing Great Lengths. I'm currently crusing the net for prices and what not. Anyone ever had these done?

03-04-2006
trendsetter

yes i hve GL on me now, its great!

03-04-2006
trendsetter

but i wouldnt say its the best

03-04-2006
windowshopping

Yeah, I did some more research and I seriously don't think I could waste that much money. There are a lot of salons that say Icy Hair and SOCAP are just as good hair. So i'm going to go around to some local salons and try and get more information. Anyone around SF? Know of any good places?

04-04-2006
trendsetter

i think the reason why GL is so expxnive is because its like an extensions 'brand name' like oh wow jenn asnisont and christina aguilara used it OH WOW tyo know

04-04-2006
windowshopping

Yeah, I agree with what madem said. Companies tend to get hooked on their popularity, so of course they can raise their prices. People will still buy them then. Lame. >.<

27-04-2006
windowshopping

HAiR EXTENSiONS -??
Hey! I have never gotten hair extensions before and I really want them. My friend got her's not not too long ago and they look great! I was wondering if you could like color the hair when it's on your head..lol...that sounds funny but yea..and your thought on hair extensions in general!!

Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageprincess
Hey! I have never gotten hair extensions before and I really want them. My friend got her's not not too long ago and they look great! I was wondering if you could like color the hair when it's on your head..lol...that sounds funny but yea..and your thought on hair extensions in general!!
Merged with existing hair extensions thread. Please use the search function prior to posting.

~Madeleine Albright
30-04-2006
rising star

how much do extensions normally cost? For $1,600 could I get something good that would last a while?

Thanks!

30-04-2006
windowshopping

For a quote of $1600.00 you would get the best of the best. www.salonfallyne.com and check it out. Give me a shout if it works for you.
Thanks,
Fallyne
P.S: My average packages range from $600.00-$800.00 with hair, cut, color, install.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
extensions, hair