How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-12-2003
backstage pass

Hair Extensions
I just recently dyed my hair from its natural light blonde to a richer chocolate brown (almost mandy moore's color...). I also got thick bangs cut. I love the color and bangs, but the rest of my hair is just past my shoulders, and I HATE it this length.

My hair grows quickly, but I want long hair now, so what do you think about hair extension for me?

I found this web site that is supposedly good, but if you have any other specific information or other ideas that would be nice too!

Great Lengths--Hair Extension

Thank you,
Liliana

05-12-2003
V.I.P.

hi VIDA

i have had extensions. both: weaved in and glued by streaks..

real and artificial hair...

this is my opinion: def go with real hair and def let it be weaved into your own hair. it is the same way they use as on AFRO AMERICAN hair. and its the method that you can see the least. meaning, it looks natural.

plus, if you pick real hair (which is ordered once they send in a piece of your own hair ) you can always reuse it

hope that helps!

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
06-12-2003
& b

I agree with Leyla. Its a huge trend here, everybody is doing the weaves in nice colous that brings out your haircolour... One of my friends dyes them also, to match her haircolour, and I dont see any difference...

yes

definately go for a WEAVE............glue-ins are a NO NO

13-12-2003
front row

I have had extenstions for about a year and I love them...they are human hair and they are done using the Chrissy V method. They are bonded on to your own hair..not like the hot glue. My natural hair is very fine and breaks easy and with these extensions I can finally have long nice hair. It is expensive...it averages out to cost about $350 a month, but it is worth it.

15-12-2003
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by christilynn@Dec 13th, 2003 - 6:34 pm
$350 a month
thanks for the advice guys!

I have decided to not get them do to the money factor (ie I have none).

I am still researching this though, I would love to have long hair again!

15-12-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vida+Dec 15th, 2003 - 1:49 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vida @ Dec 15th, 2003 - 1:49 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-christilynn@Dec 13th, 2003 - 6:34 pm
$350 a month
thanks for the advice guys!

I have decided to not get them do to the money factor (ie I have none).

I am still researching this though, I would love to have long hair again! [/b][/quote]
i dont know where you live but there is a place in london known only for extensions (stars go there too)
thats where i had my first extensions. theyt are no real hair, therefore cheaper. so if it is to have fun, then you should check it out next time you are there

its on kensignton church street.. and someone please remind me the name

otherwise, if you go to afro american hairsalons, they are a lot cheaper too

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
20-12-2003
V.I.P.

as long as it matches ur hair sure

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Just watch out for those 60 g hair extensions, (Beyonce, cough, cough).

CRAZY. Nobody should spend that much money on something fake.

scenester

Personally I say no. I don't like fake nails, hair, diamonds etc. But if you do do it, remember to condition and eat lots of fruits and vegetables so that your real hair stays strong beneath the extensions.

27-12-2003
V.I.P.

having gotten my hair braided for a while... with fake hair extensions.. dont go for them... i was testing the waters... hence i didnt want to invest in the real ****...
but the fake are just yuck...well mine were.... i got mine done by this girl in my uni...she did a pretty good job....but the not washin them and the itchyness got to me...

with proper extensions...how do they weave it to ur hair????... ive read that havin extensions can pull on ur real hair.. n make it fall... leyla...some advice please mme. ????

01-01-2004
front row

The extensions that I have are put on with a bond. I have very fine hair that easily breaks and I have worn them for over a year and have had no problems. I go to the salon every six weeks to have them removed and put back in. The hair I get is human hair and lasts about six months.
I flat iron it every other day so it starts splitting after 6 months. My real hair has no damage at all
from the extensions. Check out Chrissy Vs website, she invented this method for extensions. I was lucky to find a salon in my area that does this type of extensions. I have heard alot of nightmare stories from people that have had the extensions weaved in or used the hot glue
method. This method I can highly recommend!

05-01-2004
rock-chic

I got fake ones as I wanted to see if I liked them before spending a fortune on real ones. They were done by weaving. I didn't like them and wouldn't have them again.

yes

i paid 250 for extentions last year and kept them in for 4 days!

thats how much i hated them.......they itched my face.....got tangled and were impossible to take out

05-01-2004
rock-chic

They do get tangled & are pracically impossible to untangle.
I kept mine for a few weeks & they looked like very bad fake dreadlocks at the end - they HAD to go!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
extensions, hair