How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-11-2005
rising star

www.maudehair.com
the BEST hair cuts/color in the VA ,DC area is MAUDE its in old town herndon and the staff there are the TOP cutters and colorist EVER..The owners were all trained by the best and they also train for Graham Webb. I live in NY and and use too live in VA ..and i still go to MAUDE : ) Its a very hip, quirky, fun salon and they also serve MAUDETINIS : )

01-12-2005
rising star

I love Philippe at Cristophe Salon and theres also a Japanese salon in Georgetown that was featured in Daily Candy recently and the lady did a pretty good job on my hair...its hard to find asian stylists in DC that know asian hair i guess...

16-02-2006
rising star

Urban Style Lab http://www.lab-dc.com/

It just by the Dupont Circle Metro, perfect for younger people, I went there for the first time this summer and never regreted. It's pricey ($75 for a haircut) but it's worth every cent.

26-02-2006
catch me if you can

Thanks for posting some salons. I live in the Northern VA/Dc area and I totally agree - it is so hard to find a great place to get a quality cut & style. I might check out Maude since it is very close to where I live.

fashion elite

Aveda opened an insitute in DC...I think its the Ballston metro...you can check on Aveda's website.

My friend is managing it, and I keep meaning to get in there and check it out. Its the Aveda School so you are having the treatments etc done by students, but at lower prices.

And they are supervised and everything. My friend she has seen some really good stuff coming out.

05-06-2006
rising star

To revive this thread a bit. I switched to Bang salon in U street and they are *amazing* The hair cut is only $35 (plus tip), it's great for younger people, I just had my hair cut really short after more than 5 years of having shoulder-length hair and I am loving it.

16-07-2006
front row

Right...so I thought it was about time for an update once I saw this thread was revived!

About Bang, yeah, I hear they have brazilian waxes for $35...pretty tempting if you ask me. But does anyone know if they are any good for those?

So for the hair...I had an awful experience at Okyo salon. I asked for a touch up of natural looking highlights and I walked out with chunky highlights. The receptionist has horribly chunky highlights as well. Also, the stylist I had asked me to stand up (a great technique for those who know what they're doing) and I walked out with an uneven cut.

From now on I'll be sticking to O Salon. I went back for the third time the other day and I must say I'm in love. But mainly for the highlights--the cuts are just so-so.

I might try Christophe salon for a cut...if I'm not mistaken, the owner of Christophe in DC also has a location in St Barts...which, incidentally, I almost went to in June for correction of my bad highlights from Okyo which I got like the week before.

Oh and before I forget: stay as far away as you can from PR and Partners if you want natural looking highlights.

16-07-2006
V.I.P.

One word. KAO at Robert Lewis Salon in White Flint Mall...

He's hot, hung, and can cut hair...He's pricey though (someone has to pay for his DH jeans and BAPE sneakers)

17-07-2006
rising star

Molecule salon on 18th and M! I am a coclorist there : )
Saint Germain is amazing too (same owners) 7th E

17-07-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
One word. KAO at Robert Lewis Salon in White Flint Mall...

He's hot, hung, and can cut hair...He's pricey though (someone has to pay for his DH jeans and BAPE sneakers)
hung!!!

17-07-2006
rising star

I want to get highlights, but nothing drastical, I just want to look a bit different, but still natural (I have short hair, not boy short, but it's by no means long). So would you recommend O salon (is it in Georgetown?)

As for waxing in Bagsalon, I wouldn't do that, I don't know why, it really doesn't look like a place where you would do anything else but a hair cut

18-07-2006
front row

I would definitely suggest O Salon for natural highlights. Have fun! (I go to Soner...he's pretty good but I think everyone there should be pretty good)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
area, dc or northern, hair, recommendations, salon, virginia, washington