How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-02-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefashion
I recently got my haircut at Couppe Bizarre and i LOVED it. I def. recommend it! Ask for Shawna.
beware though...i've had my best hair cut here & my worst hair cut here!!!

17-02-2005
windowshopping

Shagg on Scollard St. in yorkville is awesome!! its a great looking salon & the people working there are amazing.
Ask for Lance...he's amazing

17-02-2005
backstage pass

I met the crew from Shagg at some event I was at last year - everyone had a very cool vibe - I liked them a lot, thanks for reminding me!

17-02-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbatik
I met the crew from Shagg at some event I was at last year - everyone had a very cool vibe - I liked them a lot, thanks for reminding me!
no problem!
enjoy your new 'do wherever you choose to get it done!!

22-02-2005
front row

OOhh, this is just the thread I was looking for (glad I searched for it then :p ).

I've had my hair cut twice at the vidal sassoon academy. Horrible both times. Twice at Tony and Guy on Bloor, first time as a model cut. It was decent. Second time I paid Hiro to do it. pretty darn good. It was the best hair cut I've ever had, but since I had previously never had a gread hair cut.... that's not saying much. I need to get my hair cut, and this time coloured (also coming on this section of the board to ask for colour suggestions) and am looking for a good cut and colour place. Is Tony and Guy good for colour? I have super straight blonde hair, want in a different shade of blond, and want a regular layered, but chic cut. Any suggestions?

(I'm not into "edgy" cuts. where everything is uneven and stuff. right now my hair is super long, want it to a couple inches above the bra line).

22-02-2005
backstage pass

I wouldn't recommend Toni and Guy, actually. From what I hear, they are very overpriced and charge more than what's reasonable. I've had very lovely and subtle highlights done by Avry at Civello on Queen W. and been completely delighted. She'll really listen to you. I also see Dylan there, and she's excellent with style, but i'm sure they could recommend someone less expensive to you if you want something more basic. I am really devoted to this salon, they've never disappointed me.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoball
beware though...i've had my best hair cut here & my worst hair cut here!!!
that's totally my coup bazarre story as well. Had the best and the worst there.

I've also heard bad things about Toni and Guy ( girl friend of mine walked out of there with- no joke- a bowl cut!! She cried for a month straight)

Personally I find Michelle at The Lid Lounge (Richmond and Church) to be great.

22-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennika
Personally I find Michelle at The Lid Lounge (Richmond and Church) to be great.
oh yes, i've heard good things about that place too

Day Dreaming

I have worked at Donato's salon and spa... almost all my friends and family work there. They are so talented, it's unreal! Yes it's expensive but I ONLY get my hair done there and I'm PICKY as HELL! as does my daughter and she has an incrediable modern, funky hairstyle!

22-02-2005
front row

uh oh. I went and booked a model cut and colour at Toni and Guy (it seemed really cheap). I was really happy with my last cut, grew out beautifully... but then I paid one of the better stylists more money for it... I'm a little worried what the trainees are going to give me. Oh well. If it's really horrible, I'll go somewhere else to fix it up. Layers and highlights to a lighter blond shouldn't be TOO hard.....

I hope.....

22-02-2005
front row

I go to Salon Daniel in Yorkville.

My personal stylist is Tatiana, but just about everybody I've seen who goes to a senior stylist there comes out looking fabulous. If you can afford Daniel himself, he is amazing.

George does my colour, he is great!

They'll serve you sushi there on most days too...

23-02-2005
front row

I went to Pop Design Hair studio on Spadina, he cut my hair well but I felt he neglected some things and now my hair is kind of in a transition phase , growing out so I don;t know who to go to or what to do now...

07-03-2005
backstage pass

Tristan!! OK so, I'm going to be getting the new Nicole Richie "do"..I've been so dark for so long - its gonna be so kerazay..
I took a pic to JC Salon...they are really excited and we all fell in love with each other..

Johnny is going to do my cut which is crazy good (he got the 2005 Canadian stylist award apparently, which is kind of cool).
Antonella is going to do my colour...her and Tony both looked at what I wanted and jointly decided she would be best suited for the job.

I told them all about how people were talking about them/recommended them on this website - and they were so impressed and excited...

My appointment is on Saturday the 12th - i'll let you know if i love it!

12-03-2005
windowshopping

I've been to Toni and Guy on Bloor 3 times, and have been thrilled with all the results. The first time I saw Andy, and I had a picture of the cut I wanted(a Natalie Portman/Chicago-esque pageboy bob) which he cut perfectly for me. The second time my hair was growing out and I saw Vladimir, who gave me this awesome long sleek front and somewhat shorter, choppier back. It was great, very unique and low maintenance. The last time I had Vanessa who got rid of my bangs and gave me some nice layers because now I'm growing my hair out.

I've also been to the salon in Holt Renfrew, for a cut and color. The coloring job was meh, not worth the money spent, but the cut was really nice.

The thing is, I'm now getting some color done, the first time in a long while, and I have an appointment at Toni and Guy for it. While the stuff I usually get done there is more unique and eccentric, I really want the color to just be 'normal' and pretty. So now I'm worried that T+G might be the wrong place to get it done. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

13-03-2005
backstage pass

Tristan - MY CUT IS AMAZING! I had the best time - EVERYONE there knows you (obviously I told them you said great things)...
Johnny and Adriano worked on me - they were so awesome...and I am SO SMOKIN HOT right now....good times...

Thanks man!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, recommendations, salons, toronto