How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-04-2006
windowshopping

for the guys i recommend toniandguy....
I had two asymmetric cuts there and liked it. Worth the money

20-04-2006
front row

Has anyone been to Haute Coiffure in the Manulife centre on Bloor street? I have a coupon?/certificate thing for it where I can go in for 4 treatments incl a cut, shampoo, style; manicure/pedicure/massage; accent highlights/multi design method; 50% off evening up do/custom cut, shampoo style

I'm not expecting much..for I think it was only $50 or so in total for all of the above....but it seemed like a really good deal, even for just a trim or something! A lot of salons seem to pass these coupons out every year around the downtown area..specifically at the campus.

Anyone who can tell me their expereince at Haute Coiffure appreciated! Thanks =)

20-04-2006
scenester

Jason over at Natural Hair Solutions (Eaton Centre) is pretty good, me thinks.

13-05-2006
V.I.P.

I'm looking for a perfect blonde colorist in Toronto.Have been looking for such a long time....search never seems to end..sighOkay,so I tried Niki at Jie Salon,and I'm not very impressed.any suggestions? who does the best blonde in your opinion in Toronto?
Thanks!

13-05-2006
front row

Are there any recommendations for someone with thick, long, curly hair? I'm a student so I prefer a cut that costs $40 or less but I am willing to spend up to $60 for a great cut.

14-05-2006
windowshopping

i lovve this thread. had some bad experiences in the past...thank god you guys are here to prevent another one

22-09-2006
backstage pass

Any other recommendations or horror stories, anyone?

I'm looking for choppy razored multiple layers, so I'm thinking Coupe Bizarre? Or any other suggestions?

Life is Short
23-09-2006
rising star

has anyone been to angst on queen e?

27-11-2006
front row

I just went and had my hair done at Fiorio on Yonge near St. Clair. Model cut and colour.

I think they did a good job, you're treated well, and they don't take short cuts with highlights the way they did at Toni and Guy. The cut was pretty good. I tend to be critical so that is almost like praise. I don't think the fringe came out perfect, but they lightened my hair so that it can swish now, which i really like. All in all i was happy with them.

27-11-2006
trendsetter

I recommend You Salon & Spa
8950 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 6Z7

I had my hair cut there and they washed it, cut it very nicely, gave me these cool sideburns (that I was complemented on for weeks!) and at the end she gelled my hair and gave me tips on how to best style it. All for $18.

My stylist's name was Christine.. she was very friendly and I'll definitely be going back to her!

29-01-2007
fashion insider

I am so glad that I found this....

I want to try new hair stylists..... The asian one I went for twice was decent, but I am always looking for something better.

unknown
29-01-2007
V.I.P.

karitase on ossington and dundas west is the place to go

04-06-2007
windowshopping

I've been to Lilliana at the Holt Renfrew salon too and I agree, she's awesome. She's hilarious and extremely chatty and gives you what you want.

Anyone looking for colour should go to Blyss salon in Yorkville. Amanda. If I was a blonde, judging on her hair alone I would be a life-long customer. She has the nicest Kate Bosworth blonde. As it was she gave me some really nice highlights. What I liked was how she doesn't just tell you what you want to hear- she explains how come colours might not be good for you, makes you consider touch-ups and maintenance, and in general did a really great job.

I'm looking to trim my hair since I haven't had it trimmed since February, and I think I'm going to try Civello's on Queen. I've heard good things.

18-09-2007
lovely but empty

Civello on Bloor has been mentioned so little compared to the Queen one!

I love the Bloor one though, everyone is so nice and I'm obsessed with the Carribean pedicure, they use this wonderful warm gooey nice-smelling Aveda stuff and wrap your legs in hot towels and it feels like you're on a beach in Hawaii. It's that good. It's also the most gorgeous salon I've ever seen inside, and it's a block away from Holt Renfrew, which in and of itself is a selling point.

I highly reccomend Kate for cuts and Carrie for color, especially blondes. My mom is a pretty dark brunette and she was highlighted dirty blonde and it looked amazing, I'm sure it would if you wanted to go lighter too.

windowshopping

Where in Toronto do I...
.. get a haircut that'll have texture, and my individual style and lots of oomph!?

Along the lines of..

..and no, I'm not a Brad Pitt fan. He's the only one who has pictures of close to funky hair styles.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, recommendations, salons, toronto