How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-10-2007
Diamond

Merged with existing thread. Devil please use the search function prior to posting and please provide proper image credits per tFS guidelines.

~Madeleine Albright

15-10-2007
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipkitten View Post
Merged with existing thread. Devil please use the search function prior to posting and please provide proper image credits per tFS guidelines.

Thank you, HipKitten.
Apologies for the no image credits.

The only reason I created a new thread was so people can start a "Where do I..." reply in the thread. Much like a "Where do I.." thread for Toronto.

Last edited by Devil; 15-10-2007 at 11:06 AM.
01-07-2008
scenester

Civello on Yonge
Hello,

I got bangs in the Civello salon on Yonge. Antonella was my stylists and she was nice and pacient with me. I was really worried to get bangs because years back I got them and hated them so much. This time I look HOT. My boyfriend was shocked. Unfotunately I have curly hair so they are difficult to maintain. But the salon was great. Got a massage too. And she was sweet so I will definatelly go to her again. Also I can trim my bangs there for free. Paid 52 $ + I gave 10 $ tip.

19-08-2008
scenester

It's been 2 months since I got a hair cut, but I would like to just trim my bangs. They are long now! Can I still go and ask for a free trim? If yes how much should I tip? Thanks!

18-10-2008
front row

Anyone have any recent recommendations?

Much appreciated!

01-04-2009
front row

Ditto.

12-04-2009
scenester

Civello on Queen ST W. In the price of the hair cut I got a tea,scalp and shoulder massage and a makeup touch up

12-04-2009
xan
rising star

Aveda Academy on King East, they're young and fresh and soooo good

13-04-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by xan View Post
Totally agree! They are fresh, and super cheap. I love all the cool experiment styles they can do too. Have you seen the educator Aidan? What a fox!

windowshopping

Salon Collage on 1750 The Queensway. Their website is saloncollage.com. I get my haircut by Dado there and I love it, but I know some of the hairstylists are better than others. If you tell the receptionist what you want, though, she can tell what person will be best for you.

19-06-2009
windowshopping

Alright, my salon has been the same for quite some time now. I went through different stylists.

But Coupe Bizzarre on Queen St W is awesome at rocker-esque styles. However, my stylist, Sergio R has opened his own salon now called Parlor at Queen/Ossington.

Parlor is definitely the IT spot. Experienced stylists, colorists, etc. Although I don't color, I'm one of those anti-color males.

19-06-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by xan View Post
That line, "young and fresh" sounds so wrong! lol

17-07-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
Alright, my salon has been the same for quite some time now. I went through different stylists.

But Coupe Bizzarre on Queen St W is awesome at rocker-esque styles. However, my stylist, Sergio R has opened his own salon now called Parlor at Queen/Ossington.

Parlor is definitely the IT spot. Experienced stylists, colorists, etc. Although I don't color, I'm one of those anti-color males.

I took your suggestion and goggled for some more information and read some fantastic reviews. Went ahead and booked an appointment. I had my hair cut today by Charlotte and my.god. I love my hair cut. Chic place and super friendly. I for sure will be a repeat customer and thanks to Devil for the suggestion

18-07-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post

The website is www.parloursalon.com

18-07-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny View Post
I took your suggestion and goggled for some more information and read some fantastic reviews. Went ahead and booked an appointment. I had my hair cut today by Charlotte and my.god. I love my hair cut. Chic place and super friendly. I for sure will be a repeat customer and thanks to Devil for the suggestion
That's awesome! I'm glad you had fun. I'd say if you feel like being adventurous, try the rest of the stylists too because they all have individual style (the best of, may I add) and then pick one to be your life long hair-mate.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, recommendations, salons, toronto