How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-08-2005
backstage pass

i need some opinions & help please =)

my hair is pretty long as of now and i have really thick hair, and since school is starting back soon i dont have time to blow dry it & straighten (i dont have extremely straight hair like most asians) so im thinking of getting a body wave (like mk&a's hair) and parting my bangs towards the side so it will save more time. what do you think?

heres a pic of me
http://myspace-383.vo.llnwd.net/0017...78940383_l.jpg

04-08-2005
backstage pass

^ awwww, what an adorable picture!
I think getting a body wave like mk&a's hair sounds great! It'll definitely look good on you. What's you natural hair like though? The tosseled, i-just-stumbled-out-of-bed hair with a bit of volume in your natural curl is quite gorgeous too. Doesn't take too long either

04-08-2005
backstage pass

my hair is so weird! if i just get out of the shower its all wavy but then it gets straight but not a pretty straight =/ if i sleep w/ my hair wet then its wavy but the top of my hair is flat! ughh i hate it. thanks for ur opinion =) i think im going to get a body wave on tuesday, i hope it looks ok bc i have thick hair. glad u like the pic haha its me and my best friend on my bday!

05-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ryb3ar
my hair is so weird! if i just get out of the shower its all wavy but then it gets straight but not a pretty straight =/ if i sleep w/ my hair wet then its wavy but the top of my hair is flat! ughh i hate it. thanks for ur opinion =) i think im going to get a body wave on tuesday, i hope it looks ok bc i have thick hair. glad u like the pic haha its me and my best friend on my bday!
lol have fun!! you're gonna look gorgeous!!

01-10-2005
windowshopping

I'm going to put some highlights in my hair and I'm not sure which color I should use. Can you guys help me. Here's my pic. I'm completely open to anything, color, should I trim my hair or not? Any suggestions would be helpful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me2.JPG (25.8 KB, 3 views)

01-10-2005
trendsetter

great post! coincidentaly, im supposed to get my hair cut soon, and i dont know how to get my hair cut in a style thats managable? any recomendations? thanks i have thick, straight hair btw

Last edited by Hipkitten; 08-10-2005 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Member's request
01-10-2005
V.I.P.

prada and m4ryb3ar...I have the same kinda hair type as you guys. I can't keep my hair at one length...coz it's really unmanageable otherwise. I would suggest getting some shattered layers in. Tell your hairdresser to REALLY cut into it and show no fear....alternatively, go to an oriental hairdresser and they'll give you a very good hairstyle. A side parting is also v. flattering.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
01-10-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
prada and m4ryb3ar...I have the same kinda hair type as you guys. I can't keep my hair at one length...coz it's really unmanageable otherwise. I would suggest getting some shattered layers in. Tell your hairdresser to REALLY cut into it and show no fear....alternatively, go to an oriental hairdresser and they'll give you a very good hairstyle. A side parting is also v. flattering.
thanks for the advice i was thinking medium length layers for myself ie: eva longoria

(beautyriot.com)

not sure how it would look on me though?

01-10-2005
V.I.P.

Yeah...that's a great hairstyle....very simple but it would your hair would manage better with it.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
01-10-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
Yeah...that's a great hairstyle....very simple but it would your hair would manage better with it.
thanks, im not sure if my hair would look good like that, so i will consult the person doing my hair

01-10-2005
princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot0224
I'm going to put some highlights in my hair and I'm not sure which color I should use. Can you guys help me. Here's my pic. I'm completely open to anything, color, should I trim my hair or not? Any suggestions would be helpful.
I think you would look better without the highlights.

01-10-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbestfriend
I think you would look better without the highlights.
Really? Thanks.

Here's a picture of me when I had longer, highlighted hair. I just think highlights wouldn't make my hair look so dull. I miss my long hair. People always complimented me on it, lol.

The picture's not that good but it's the only decent picture I can find.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me3.jpg (32.8 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by whynot0224; 01-10-2005 at 04:59 PM.
13-10-2005
scenester

Ah, I am part Asian and part European, so I have the ridiculous thickness of Asian hair (hairdressers always say OH MY GOD you have such thick hair! they freak out. like it's a toy.) mixed with the fine texture and sometime waviness of European hair.

It's a very dark brown/borderline black. In the past, I had it short (and subsequently felt like a boy) but now I've grown it out - mid back, heavily layered, side-swept bangs and I usually wear it blown out or wavy. I have to use Kerastase b/c it's basically the best shampoo ever made.

To answer the question about how to make hair consistently wavy, I use the Kerastase mousse - its in an orange bottle. The trick is to towel dry hair, brush through it, then muss it up with your fingers so it separates a bit. Then, leaning to the side, scrunch it upwards so its showing a wave. Then spray the mousse DIRECTLY onto the hair, and follow it with more scrunching. Make sure you don't put on too much... just about 4 squirts per head of hair. If you have really long hair, then use an extra 2 squirts on the ends....

Anyways, try that out and see how it is!

29-12-2005
windowshopping

i have long dark hair
bit of layers
i have it down most of the time
i have roundish face and short forehead
i dunno what to do
i like something new but keep it long

30-12-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot0224
The picture's not that good but it's the only decent picture I can find.
definitely short hair for you.

dotz, u sound like me!
i just dyed my hair red few days ago. quite a good change..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asian, hair, hairstyles