How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-04-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by vintage_princess@Apr 20th, 2004 - 6:31 pm
One of my favourite Ayumi hairstyles
yeah, i like that one, i have medium length hair with sideswept bangs. a little too "pretty" though.

22-04-2004
V.I.P.

I like this style myself. Really light, cute and perfect for the summer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fresh.jpg (52.0 KB, 62 views)

23-04-2004
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally posted by smashinfashion+Apr 22nd, 2004 - 1:53 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smashinfashion @ Apr 22nd, 2004 - 1:53 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-vintage_princess@Apr 20th, 2004 - 6:31 pm
One of my favourite Ayumi hairstyles*
yeah, i like that one, i have medium length hair with sideswept bangs. a little too "pretty" though. [/b][/quote]
I think so too..its such a "sweet" look

23-04-2004
V.I.P.

theyre cute

has anyone heard of japanese reconditioning for curly hair??
its suposed to straighten your hair...the treatments quite expensive though...anyone would like to share their knowledge??!?

23-04-2004
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally posted by saad@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 1:13 pm
theyre cute

its suposed to straighten your hair...the treatments quite expensive though...anyone would like to share their knowledge??!?
I've heard of that too. Its meant to be really good but i haven't had it done myself, as my hair is already straight. I wish i had naturally curly hair though

23-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by vintage_princess+Apr 23rd, 2004 - 2:53 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vintage_princess @ Apr 23rd, 2004 - 2:53 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-saad@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 1:13 pm
theyre cute

I've heard of that too. Its meant to be really good but i haven't had it done myself, as my hair is already straight. I wish i had naturally curly hair though [/b][/quote]
I remember reading this article about it a while ago in Vogue, I think. Never interested me too much really, but I could see how it would excite some people. Although expensive, I've heard that it works incredibly well!

23-04-2004
V.I.P.

its interesting when you've got hair that looks like a victorian wig!!!
i've got ringlets!!!

23-04-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by saad@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 3:22 pm
its interesting when you've got hair that looks like a victorian wig!!!
i've got ringlets!!!
They mentioned something about in the recent issue of US Instyle. Let me see *grabs magazine* Jamie-Lynn Discala had it done at a salon in Scarsdale, N.Y. in a boutique called Ultimate Image. She said it's awesome, no more blow drying your hair, it air-dries completely straight but she did mentioned that she is refraining from doing it again for fear of damaging her hair and hints at it being somewhat pricy.

25-04-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by saad@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 10:13 am
theyre cute

saad, I just had a Japanese reconditioning treatment done. I don't have naturally curly hair, just very wavy and unmanagable. I have to say that the treatment is incredible. I used to spend an hour blow drying and flat ironing my hair, now it dries stick-straight even without blow drying. I can wash it and let it dry naturally. The most amazing thing is that my hair is so shiny and feels so soft and tangle free. I know it's probably incredibly damaging in the long run, but then again, so is flat ironing and blow drying.

It's incredibly expensive, at least for me. I have never spent that much on a a hair treatment before. I almost threw up when I was told how much it was going to cost me. Also, the process takes a long time. I spent 5 hours at the salon, and it's terribly labor intensive for the technician.

The woman who worked on my hair said that the cost and how long the treatment takes depends on the length of hair, how curly and or coarse.

I'm really happy with the results and I would definitely consider doing it again when my naturally wavy hair grows out.

25-04-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 11:00 am
I like this style myself. Really light, cute and perfect for the summer.
That's so cute, purplelucrezia! I think it would suit you.

21-06-2004
within an embrace

I agree with the blonde comment - you have to make sure that it works for your skintone - Asians can vary, like any ethnicity, I saw an rather pale with pinkish undertones Asian girl in Urban Outfitters just last week who had amazingly done blonde hair with slightly darker lowlights, and it looked fantastic on her. You could barely tell she was Asian (unless you really stared - I think she thought I was weird). haha. It's one of my pet peeves if an Asian tries to go blonde and doesn't figure in their skin tone, etc, and ends up looking RIDICULOUS. I also highly detest the orange-brownish colour that seems to come with Asians dying their hair...(I see a lot of it around my area - I live in the Bay Area, CA, so there are a LOT of asians)

The only problem I could see with the straight bangs that i <3 chanel suggested is that it's very traditional for asians. I had that hair as a child! :: laughs :: The straight bang style. If the traditional works for you, that's fine, and it can be very diverse, if you manage your bangs correctly. Or, you could make the other sections of your hair a little funkier, to add an edge to a really traditional Asian cut.

I also suggest looking in Asian magazines - if you can find them. Japanese magazines I highly recommend, as I find that they have some intriguing hair styles and often they feature whole sections on hair.

Another good thing is to find a hairstylist who knows how to work with Asian hair - it will help with the cut, etc.

Personally, I myself am going for a colour change and cut, and I'm probably going to end up with Mary-Kate's hair colour(on the left) in this picture with some black or dark brown lowlights to add a bit more depth, and perhaps a similar style to Ashley's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MKA___lovely.jpg (62.6 KB, 98 views)

21-06-2004
backstage pass

yeah, i totally hate when u see those asian kids with the brown-orangey-reddish crap higlight and dye jobs going on. it looks like a do it yourself job.

however, i have bleached my entire head before on a whim (my hair was real short and messy bedhead looking on top) and it looked rad! AND it was blonde almost whitish! the problem with those kids that bleach their hair and get that gross orange color is that they don't leave the bleach in long enough. plus, since its such a contrast to our natural haircolor you have to retouch it often so the roots don't show. anyway, i kept it like that for bout 3 weeks before the roots started growing out and then dyed it black again.

21-06-2004
scenester

i have really thick asian hair and what i usually do is get it layerd with caramel highlights....(try and stay away from the brassy look.).....then to style i add hairspray while its straight and then when the hair spray dries i get a 1/2 inch curling iron....(one taht has goood heat) turn it upside down and wrap small sections of my hair around it.....

this is a pic of what it looks like (before i cut my hair )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jun10.jpg (17.1 KB, 245 views)

21-06-2004
Fierce Flava

I got some Asian mixed into me and I don't find that much problems...since Asian hair is straight its easy to fix it...problems with getting volume can be fixed with hair products...

I like choppy layers on Asians..I think it looks nice. Also I always scrunch/curl my hair a lot too.

21-06-2004
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally posted by MoMoCiTa@Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:06 pm
i have really thick asian hair and what i usually do is get it layerd with caramel highlights....(try and stay away from the brassy look.).....then to style i add hairspray while its straight and then when the hair spray dries i get a 1/2 inch curling iron....(one taht has goood heat) turn it upside down and wrap small sections of my hair around it.....

this is a pic of what it looks like (before i cut my hair )
Wow i your hair! I love the volume and different layers. I have really volume-less hair now...i hate it because in my opinion its too typical asian girl hair- poker straight and flat

I cant wait to get some texture and layers cut in

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asian, hair, hairstyles