How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-06-2004
scenester

yes....but i just cut my hair....
and now this is what it looks like......

i really miss my long hairrrrrrrrr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jun22.jpg (20.2 KB, 240 views)

24-06-2004
within an embrace

Quote:
Originally posted by MoMoCiTa@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 9:43 pm

I like your hair!

I'm going to get mine trimmed and coloured soon. I have to get a little upkeep for it, cause my hair has a natural wave to it, and sometimes it can look a little too unkempt. haha. I'm not full asian, so that's probably why I have a distinct wave.

24-06-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Misako+Jun 24th, 2004 - 3:07 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Misako @ Jun 24th, 2004 - 3:07 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MoMoCiTa@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 9:43 pm

I like your hair!

I'm going to get mine trimmed and coloured soon. I have to get a little upkeep for it, cause my hair has a natural wave to it, and sometimes it can look a little too unkempt. haha. I'm not full asian, so that's probably why I have a distinct wave. [/b][/quote]
Hi Misako...Do you already know wot color you want? And MoMoCiTa your hair looks so great in that pic Im sure it looks very cute short also.

24-06-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by stonehhh5@Apr 8th, 2004 - 9:38 pm
hey! how bout the asian boy? super hard for me to find a nice new unique hair style. im tall, slim, and have a bit longer face. I am growing my hair right now because i cant decide on what to get. its down between my eyes and nose, and below my ears on the side. the back is up to my neck area. Im thinking of something messy and wild? ey? :punk:
What about blue or red streaks? I love asian hair mixed with blue or red.

24-06-2004
within an embrace

Quote:
Originally posted by VersaceW11+Jun 24th, 2004 - 3:21 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VersaceW11 @ Jun 24th, 2004 - 3:21 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Misako@Jun 24th, 2004 - 3:07 am
<!--QuoteBegin-MoMoCiTa
Quote:
@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 9:43 pm

i really miss my long hairrrrrrrrr*

I like your hair!

I'm going to get mine trimmed and coloured soon. I have to get a little upkeep for it, cause my hair has a natural wave to it, and sometimes it can look a little too unkempt. haha. I'm not full asian, so that's probably why I have a distinct wave.
Hi Misako...Do you already know wot color you want? And MoMoCiTa your hair looks so great in that pic Im sure it looks very cute short also. [/b][/quote]
Yes - I posted a picture of Mary-Kate Olsen, I think, a couple pages back in this thread - she has some blonde-ish highlights with a myriad of other tones in the brownish/reddish families, and I've liked the mixture of all that. I wasn't even sure myself, but everyone I've asked so far that knows me thinks that it'll look great, so I'm listening to them and I'm going to do it. I'm not really going for a cut, though - just the colouring and a bit of a trim because my hair's getting a tad long.

24-06-2004
within an embrace

Quote:
Originally posted by Midori+Jun 24th, 2004 - 4:02 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Midori @ Jun 24th, 2004 - 4:02 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-stonehhh5@Apr 8th, 2004 - 9:38 pm
hey! how bout the asian boy? super hard for me to find a nice new unique hair style. im tall, slim, and have a bit longer face. I am growing my hair right now because i cant decide on what to get. its down between my eyes and nose, and below my ears on the side. the back is up to my neck area. Im thinking of something messy and wild? ey? :punk:
What about blue or red streaks? I love asian hair mixed with blue or red. [/b][/quote]
My friend put blue streaks in her hair once - it looked AWESOME, until they faded and turned kinda green. :: laughs :: It looked fantastic when it was newish, though.

24-06-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Misako+Jun 24th, 2004 - 5:10 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Misako @ Jun 24th, 2004 - 5:10 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by VersaceW11@Jun 24th, 2004 - 3:21 am
Quote:
Originally posted by Misako@Jun 24th, 2004 - 3:07 am
<!--QuoteBegin-MoMoCiTa
Quote:
Quote:
@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 9:43 pm

i really miss my long hairrrrrrrrr*

I like your hair!

Hi Misako...Do you already know wot color you want? And MoMoCiTa your hair looks so great in that pic Im sure it looks very cute short also.
Yes - I posted a picture of Mary-Kate Olsen, I think, a couple pages back in this thread - she has some blonde-ish highlights with a myriad of other tones in the brownish/reddish families, and I've liked the mixture of all that. I wasn't even sure myself, but everyone I've asked so far that knows me thinks that it'll look great, so I'm listening to them and I'm going to do it. I'm not really going for a cut, though - just the colouring and a bit of a trim because my hair's getting a tad long. [/b][/quote]
I tried to find the pic but I didnt see it...I'm sure its going to trun out great...And it's always good to have a nice trim....One of my friends always wants to cut her hair and then when she cuts it she wants it long and then when its long she wants it short. hehe

24-06-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by stonehhh5@Apr 8th, 2004 - 2:38 pm
hey -- i'm growing my hair out right now so i can get some choppy shaggy lookin layers cut into them. i started out in november with it being less than 1/4 in on the sides and now it bout 5 inches on the sides. if you grow it out i reccomend going to someone who really knows what their doing like a stylist(when i had it short i just went to the barber). i get the ends trimmed off and they thin it out all over to get rid of the unnecessary thickness. i gotta go every 2 or 3 months cuz it gets kinda overgrown and FOBish looking. it takes longer and is more expensive this way but i'm glad i havent had to grow through the ugly awkward growing it out phase.

i kinda like it this way too. all ive gotten are compliments and people say i look older. thats good, cuz before everyone thoughti looked 15

here's a before and after -- its ALMOST, almost long enough to cut layers into. ignore the funny faces, or just laugh, haha.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 950212741_0.jpg (23.6 KB, 179 views)

25-06-2004
within an embrace

In the newest image with your longer hair for some reason you remind me of some Asian pop star.

25-06-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by Misako@Jun 25th, 2004 - 8:48 am
In the newest image with your longer hair for some reason you remind me of some Asian pop star.
Maybe he is....

25-06-2004
backstage pass

. . . never been to any of asia in my entire life, but thanks, i guess lol that pic was me at a 'Dukes of Hazard' party, crazy Texans we are indeed!

i just realized the pic where i'm smiling makes me look like one of my eyes is bigger until you enlarge it in another window.

07-07-2004
scenester

Quote:
Originally posted by MoMoCiTa@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 9:43 pm

I think your hair is really really cute! how do you get it wavy like that, or is that the way it is. im also asian and my hair will NOT STAND CURLS at all!!!

08-07-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by MoMoCiTa@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 4:43 am

you look pretty!!!!!!!!!! I love that colar you have.

within an embrace

I'm getting my hair coloured on tuesday - it'll be my first foray into a significantly lighter colour, and my first foray into professional hair colour - usually I just do it myself.

This should be intriguing...and sometime later, I'll be getting haircut as well. I'm rather excited.

Everyone tells me it'll look nice - my SO thinks it'll look "hot" and a friend told me she thinks it'll be "exotic", but :: laughs :: we'll see.

Hopefully it can all be done to my hair for under $200...haha

In reference to curls - my hair curls very well, and without the aid of hairspray can stay curled for over a day...or well, whenever I decide to wash my hair...I just learned that just a month or two ago - my friend decided to curl my hair at college, and since I'd been writing papers the whole time, I didn't take a shower until a day or so afterwards, and my hair had stayed curled the entire time. She was so shocked. :: laughs :: She told me that she'd tried to curl some of her Asian friends' hair, and they wouldn't stay curled. But then again, I'm mixed, so that might be it.

11-07-2004
Adorable illusion

I have an Asian background, I know that for most Asian hair its very fine and hard to stay curled. I recommend to use mousse before you curl to help it stay in place longer and lots of hairspray.
I personally like to curl my hair lightly and have a more natural looking wave than anything else.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asian, hair, hairstyles