How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-07-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by vintage_princess@Jul 11 2004, 11:50 PM
I have an Asian background, I know that for most Asian hair its very fine and hard to stay curled. I recommend to use mousse before you curl to help it stay in place longer and lots of hairspray.
I personally like to curl my hair lightly and have a more natural looking wave than anything else.
[snapback]310853[/snapback]
Hmm I'm Asian, but I've always thought most Asian hair is rather thick, but also hard to stay curled...

I have my hair professionally colored a matte-ish or grey-ish brown and get golden highlights.. not very adventurous, but seeing the girls with crispy, lifeless orange hair, I get scared. I have superblackblack hair so I'm not even sure at-home color would work for me...

if you want waves or big soft curls for a night out, i definitely second vintage_princess's advice....but so that it lasts, just load up on the mousse and hairspray and curl it tighter....it doesn't look as nice initially but it'll look good once you loosen it up a bit cuz if you do it loose in the beginning it'll just look straggly and straight by the end of the night

12-07-2004
within an embrace

Asian hair, like any other ethnicity, can be in many many different forms. Generally the acknowledgement is that it's medium thickness and straight...of course, it depends on each individual's mix of genetics - some can have finer hair than others, others can have thicker - I know a lot of Asian people, and their hair thickness and style varies.

meowmix - The crispy, lifeless orange hair scares me too - which is why I'm getting mine professionally done. And, it's so cliche now, because now it looks like no one's making the attempt to actually get their hair done, so there are tons of people wandering around like that. It's like when the asian guys get their hair cut and spiked up except for two long bangs that hang down...GAG. Natural is better, everyone!

I also echo meomix and vintage_princess' advice when it comes to curling hair and getting it to last.

16-07-2004
backstage pass

about the ugly spikey haircuts -- one day, while we were in the car, my mom was really pissed at something i dunno what it was, but some obnoxious asian kids in a ricer picked the wrong day to tail her then cut her. at the stop light she rolled down her window and was like, 'i'd apprecciate if you'd stop driving likes asses! and get real haircuts and dye jobs cuz honey that looks like a homemade and that aint good!' of course reffering to the orange spikey, 2 long bangs mess the kids had. i just laughed and laughed and laughed.

16-07-2004
within an embrace

Quote:
Originally posted by sbbbjm@Jul 16 2004, 09:03 AM
about the ugly spikey haircuts -- one day, while we were in the car, my mom was really pissed at something i dunno what it was, but some obnoxious asian kids in a ricer picked the wrong day to tail her then cut her. at the stop light she rolled down her window and was like, 'i'd apprecciate if you'd stop driving likes asses! and get real haircuts and dye jobs cuz honey that looks like a homemade and that aint good!' of course reffering to the orange spikey, 2 long bangs mess the kids had. i just laughed and laughed and laughed.
[snapback]311752[/snapback]
Oh, excellent, excellent. Your mum rocks. I hate ricers, and I hate the hair, etc...so that was good.

20-07-2004
V.I.P.

I like the way Namie Amuros hair looks like in that commercial: http://www.mandom.co.jp/library/st_file/lu..._2004_cm_30.asx

11-01-2005
trendsetter

"Asian" Hairstyles
I absolutely love some of the quirky haircuts a lot of girls in Japan/Korea/Singapore (you get the idea) have.

Here are some photos!

Last edited by adorevintage; 11-01-2005 at 10:17 PM.
11-01-2005
front row

Those haircuts are everywhere - not just Asia.

11-01-2005
trendsetter

I know they are everywhere, but more popular in Asia.

In the US everyone loves classic long layers or short bobs.

Nothing really too piecey.

11-01-2005
front row

I don't know, I guess it depends on where you live. I see those cuts constantly and I'm in the US.

11-01-2005
front row

Also, this site has some cuts that you might like as well (there are tons of galleries to browse!).

http://www.ukhairdressers.com/style/index.asp?month1=48

11-01-2005
trendsetter

If you live in a more metro area then of course, diversity is at a much larger scale.

I live in Texas and all I ever see is straight medium-long hair, layered. Or short locks hairsprayed to death.

I just associate piecey, irreuglar layered hair with Asian cultures than I do with Western cultures.

Some other ones

12-01-2005
front row

yeah, hipsters the world over like really feathered and layered hair too

12-01-2005
urd
tfs star

i like this. toni&guy have very similar stuff

12-01-2005
V.I.P.

i find its easier to do on overly chemically processed hair... my aunt dyed her hair soo many times that it just got so stiff so it just kinda stayed like that cuz most of her hair towards the bottom broke off and the top stayed in place cuz its dried out

14-01-2005
V.I.P.

Loads and loads of pictures for you...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hair.jpg (109.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg hair2.jpg (33.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg hair3.jpg (22.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg hair4.jpg (19.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg bangs.jpg (30.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg long.jpg (129.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg hair.jpg (29.7 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by purplelucrezia; 14-01-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asian, hair, hairstyles