How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-01-2005
urd
tfs star

she is so cute. hairstyle is very simple

17-01-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
Almost every girl in Japan and Hong Kong have those haircuts.
that's true ~!
coz hk girls follow the trends of Japanese girls ~
and i'm one of them... well....

17-01-2005
trendsetter

Thanks purple.

I am so envious of you girls for being able to pull these looks off, I have naturally wavy extremely thick hair so for me to get the short haircuts I have to get tons of it thinned out.

Currently my hair is about to the middle of my back, so I might go for a medium length haircut then suck it up and chop off the rest in a month or two.

BTW that link is so great! I wonder who runs it, if its just one girl or a lot of girls.

18-01-2005
windowshopping

18-01-2005
fashion icon

What about asian hairstyle for men?

18-01-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori
What about asian hairstyle for men?
Asian hairstyles for men are the greatest!!!! I love japanese boys' hairstyles, always so and fashionable . Reminds me a bit of the Dior Homme models.

18-01-2005
within an embrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorevintage
Thanks purple.

I am so envious of you girls for being able to pull these looks off, I have naturally wavy extremely thick hair so for me to get the short haircuts I have to get tons of it thinned out.
Keep in mind that Asian hair comes in many different types, etc etc as well! I have a friend who has spectacularly thick hair so she'd never be able to pull any of those styles off. I couldn't either, admittedly, as even though I have thick hair, it's fine-medium and a very obvious natural wave. It gets irritating - if I cut my hair short, it'd have a weird crimp in it and just look ridiculous. Plus, I could barely imagine how much I'd have to thin out my hair to pull off those styles! lol. and how often I'd have to flat iron it...and that is not for me, as I'm waaayy too lazy to do so. air-dry, all the way. hehe.

19-01-2005
rising star

in reply to the blonde thing:
in my opinion, i hate it when asian girls dye their hair blonde. even though it may not be the case, it looks like you're trying to hide your ethnicity.

choppy layers with side bangs are cute...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misako
In the newest image with your longer hair for some reason you remind me of some Asian pop star.
I got that as well, though I barely know of any... A very cool shirt too, by the way.

19-01-2005
rising star

oh, and by the way...even if you get a salon color job, everyone assumes that you dye your hair anyway if it isn't like, midnight black

i get that EVERYDAY...my hair is naturally kind of light, especially in the sun...people think i'm denying "my little secret"...so i'm just like &@*% you

zzz
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misako
...I saw an rather pale with pinkish undertones Asian girl in Urban Outfitters just last week who had amazingly done blonde hair with slightly darker lowlights, and it looked fantastic on her. You could barely tell she was Asian (unless you really stared - I think she thought I was weird). haha. ..
Isn't it easy to find out someone is asian just by looking at her face? Because asians have very different noses and eyes from other races.

I am asian and I am looking for a hairstyle that's easy to manage. I have black and long hair. I used to dye it reddish-brown years ago, but I got lazy so I stopped dying my hair.
When I see a girl from her back w/ blond hair, I always assume she is not Asain. It startles me a little if I see an Asian face when she turns around.
It's kinda popular for some Asians to go to a salon to get their hair straightened by a special process even if their hair is normally straight already. The special treatment makes their hair LOOK nice and silky (not neccessarily feel silky when you actually touch it). What does everyone think of that?

20-01-2005
V.I.P.

I wish I had asian hair..so black, straight and heavy ..like charlie yeung:p

backstage pass

i cut my long hair. i got way too tired of flat-ironing and blowdrying it to make it look decent.

now i just flatiron :p . its cut shorter towards the back of my head and a little longer in the front so i can have short little side sweeping bangs. its also really, really, angled and textured on top.

to style it all i did was flatiron a few sections and put a pinch of wax in it. it actually looks pretty good without the wax too. its just a really awesome cut that does all the work for you.

if you think your hair is too thick or coarse to do this cut its not. you just have to find someone who is really good, cuz trust me i don't have people stand around me at the salon saying 'wow, you have ALOT of hair' or 'wow your hair is so thick' for no reason. it took alot of thinning out and texturizing but i ended up looking exactly like this picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Presentation1.jpg (7.8 KB, 12 views)

23-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicytubeaddict
oh, and by the way...even if you get a salon color job, everyone assumes that you dye your hair anyway if it isn't like, midnight black

i get that EVERYDAY...my hair is naturally kind of light, especially in the sun...people think i'm denying "my little secret"...so i'm just like &@*% you
my sister's hair is also brown like yours and people always ask her the same thing. she hates it lol. its weird cuz everyone in our family has dark, dark brown to black hair like me.

23-01-2005
within an embrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz
Isn't it easy to find out someone is asian just by looking at her face? Because asians have very different noses and eyes from other races.
No, not necessarily. I think that's sort of a general assumption. My dad is Asian (although we suspect we're of mixed blood, my family and I) but has a very straight nose with a high bridge...he doesn't look very asian at all...my mum looks more Asian, but her and my nose (I inherited her nose) has the low bridge. I kinda wish I'd gotten my dad's nose, though! I currently have light brown hair with blonde/caramel highlights and brown lowlights, but I'm lucky, because I have demented skintone which works with a lot of things. and since I've been in the NON-sunshine state for college, I've had even less sun, so I'm paler than usual, lol.

I have friends who are asian that don't look that Asian, either. It really kind of depends where you come from. Some asians could have quasi-mixed with other ethnicitiesfor a while now, so there is a possibility that the girl was partially Russian or something. (or maybe I am! )

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asian, hair, hairstyles