How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-01-2005
within an embrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicytubeaddict
oh, and by the way...even if you get a salon color job, everyone assumes that you dye your hair anyway if it isn't like, midnight black

i get that EVERYDAY...my hair is naturally kind of light, especially in the sun...people think i'm denying "my little secret"...so i'm just like &@*% you
Oh god, I second this. I never have had midnight black hair, but rather dark brown, but everyone assumes it's dyed. If I dyed, I'd go lighter! LOL. (which I have, and I like the light brown on me, actually, lol, but I might go chestnut brown next - a richer tone than my natural colour, but also a bit ashy. I'm lucky I can pull off warm and cool tones...)

09-02-2005
windowshopping

I like her hair and her top....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cute_1a.jpg (66.4 KB, 13 views)

09-02-2005
Adorable illusion

Misako: Im just like you! I have sort of thick asian hair too and its so annoying when i get some funny kinks that always need to be straightened out

10-02-2005
windowshopping

on white male = mullet
on asian female = super cute!

i just got my hair cut very shaggy, and its kinda orangey. i showed my hairdresser a pic from a jap mag and he made mine look just like it. i love it! so quirky and cute!

15-02-2005
front row

Is this permed or styled? :

15-02-2005
I loved you

^ either has a very very light perm on it, or is styled with products. I would say styled though.

16-02-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailtothethief
on white male = mullet
on asian female = super cute!

i just got my hair cut very shaggy, and its kinda orangey. i showed my hairdresser a pic from a jap mag and he made mine look just like it. i love it! so quirky and cute!
Lucky. I showed the stylist a picture and he made my hair look very "Preppy" (like Nicole Richie's) and I do like it, but I really wanted something funky...

21-02-2005
scenester

i think it has a slight perm. japanese hair salons have very good and natural perm techniques...

vintage princess - i have very fine asian hair that goes crazy and frizzy all the time...i guess we always envy what other people have!

18-03-2005
windowshopping

I'm Asian and have pretty dead straight hair - I still use a straightener when I go out to straighten the little kinks at the ends though. I canNOT for the life of me get my hair to do the wavy "beach hair" thing that looks so hot these days. Even when I go to the beach and soak my hair in salt water and scrunch, scrunch, scrunch with my fingers, my hair dries straight again. I want to achieve this look for a party I'm going to next weekend. My question is, is there ANY way at all for Asian hair to get (and stay) wavy? My friends tell me to use sea salt sprays, my straightening iron, etc. but I just don't know if they will work. Has anyone with similar hair achieved success with this hairstyle around here? If so, please give me some tips/advice!

18-03-2005
I loved you

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayti
I'm Asian and have pretty dead straight hair - I still use a straightener when I go out to straighten the little kinks at the ends though. I canNOT for the life of me get my hair to do the wavy "beach hair" thing that looks so hot these days. Even when I go to the beach and soak my hair in salt water and scrunch, scrunch, scrunch with my fingers, my hair dries straight again. I want to achieve this look for a party I'm going to next weekend. My question is, is there ANY way at all for Asian hair to get (and stay) wavy? My friends tell me to use sea salt sprays, my straightening iron, etc. but I just don't know if they will work. Has anyone with similar hair achieved success with this hairstyle around here? If so, please give me some tips/advice!
Try putting your hair in a bun when its semi wet and wait till its dry, or if that doesn't work perhaps a curling iron would? if you do it the right way, I'm pretty sure you can achieve that beach look with hairspray easily.

18-03-2005
windowshopping

right now my hair is shattered into a 'trendy' mullet. the bottom layer at the nape of my neck is bleached platinum blonde...i love the platinum blonde, i had to bleach/tone it at least twice and a lot cracks off, but it's worth it

i used to have bangs, then i had assymetrical bangs/one side curved with my eyebrow, now i do a sidepart.

sometimes i skip the conditioner too give my hair some more texture. it's crazy what a difference it can make.

Last edited by highclasstrash; 18-03-2005 at 11:39 PM.
24-03-2005
rising star

To get my hair curly/wavy I curl them into spirals with a curling iron a few hours before going to an event and use a lot of hair spray and by the time I am at the event, my hair would have relaxed into a looser more hapzard relaxed curl.

28-03-2005
front row

I got so sick of my Asian hair in college that I cut it all off...right now it's to my chin in choppy layers with long bangs. I get afraid of growing it long becuase it seems like EVERY Asian girl out there has long, layered hair with highlights. But short definitely has it's downsides, i still have to use a ton of product to get it to look choppy.

28-03-2005
front row

I LOVE Asian hair. I think its beautiful and I do agree with you Angyl, most of them have it long with layers to bring out some volume. I would probably do the same (sans the layer) and just let it grow out as long as possible! I LOOOOVEEEEE that stick straight hair...and now im officially jealous!

01-04-2005
windowshopping

I know it's not the norm, but I'm full Asian and I have really wavy hair. People often ask me where I got my hair permed...

The weird thing is, that it's only the outside layers that are curly. The inside layers are all perfectly straight. A few years ago it was the other way around so no one could tell I had wavy hair.

I'm too lazy to get my hair cut at a salon, and I had bangs across my eyebrows cut a few months ago and now I'm sick of it. So I'm just going to cut my own hair. Hopefully it won't be a huge mess.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asian, hair, hairstyles