How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-04-2005
within an embrace

I went light brown/blonde a while ago, and it works with me because I'm not full Asian - I'm down to a dark chestnut a while ago.

I too, have a wave to my hair, which can be mildly obnoxious at times...haha.

01-04-2005
front row

Hehe. My friend who is chinese had stick straight hair for most of her childhood.. Then she hit puberty and her hair went va va voom. Her natural waves are lovely, but my hair is fine enough that wavy curls stay in fairly well. I love those assymetrical choppy cuts, but it takes guts to hack off your hair the first time. Plus, if your hair is fine (thick, granted, but fine...) it doesn't hold the layers as well w/o product on the ends. Ah well. <g>

Good luck cutting your own 'do! It might take a bit of practice, but it'd be quite the skill if you could perfect it.

01-04-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine_kin
I know it's not the norm, but I'm full Asian and I have really wavy hair. People often ask me where I got my hair permed...
Same here Sunshine. Unfortunately my hair is really dry and gets pretty frizzy because of the humidity here. Now, I really hate going to stylists because ALL of them save one (smart fella) want to rebond my hair. Some of them are REALLY insistent. I'm proud of my waves and body that my hair has got and I don't want to look like all the other girls out there who have long, layered stick straight hair (yeah rebonding STILL is the rage here ). I mean shouldn't a good stylist listen to my needs and preferences?

Yesterday I went to get a haircut and the stand-in stylist (it was my usual stylist's off day) was so insistent that I rebond my hair that I felt like walking out. . Anyone has ideas how to dissuade these annoying stylists?

I dare not cut my own though 'cos of some pretty disastrous results some time ago ...

02-04-2005
rising star

my roommate and I are both asian. we have to use ceramic/conair curling irons to curl our hair or else it will not stay ever. a bit of mousse and hairspray and its good to go.

03-04-2005
windowshopping

hi there, I'm a fil-american gal and may i recommend KERATASE hair products - they are just fab..they keep my hair shiny and manageable

12-04-2005
windowshopping

Asian Hair
I'm getting my hair cut soon and I have Asian hair...straight, black, medium fine. I want to get long side bangs, but I don't know if it'll work. My mother keeps telling me it won't work because my hair isn't naturally wavy or something and it won't turn out the way i want it to. Any advice on it?

Or, does anyone have any other ideas of what I could do with my hair? I want to keep it long though because I look horrible with short hair.

12-04-2005
front row

My hair always looks best with a razor cut, and long bangs. try that, it makes your hair more manageable and textured. I wish I had a good pic of my hair to show you....

rising star

You might want to check out this thread:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ead.php?t=3828

13-04-2005
Storm &amp;amp;amp; Sommer

Thank you ellonasty
Please remember to do a search before making a new thread erica00

pinterest : hanneonpin
13-04-2005
windowshopping

Where does everyone with Asian hair get their hair cut? I never know where I should go get it cut and I am told that American places won't do a good job at cutting hair so my mom always takes me to some Asian barber or something and it never comes out good.

13-04-2005
V.I.P.

where are you located? in ny i had it done at frederic fekkai by fabrice

13-04-2005
windowshopping

I'm in NJ.

But is it true that Americans wouldn't do a good job on Asian hair? I keep trying to convince my mom to let me go because in past experiences, the Asians who cut my hair really didn't do a good job...but my mom keeps insisting that it won't come out good.

It's so frustrating

13-04-2005
V.I.P.

absolutely not true

13-04-2005
rising star

It wholly depends on their experience with hair, especially Asian hair.

13-04-2005
front row

I just go to a high-end salon, preferably an aveda salon. the more well traiend a stylist, the better they are with asian hair. i usually dislike the way asian barbers cut mine.

Tags
asian, hair, hairstyles