How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-06-2007
Fashion Designer

i think its more of haird divided in two from ear to ear, then a messy semi-cignon both up and down parts

07-06-2007
front row

I've posted this before on another hair thread but I never got a response

I know there must be a ton of girls here who can do this style but I have been unsuccessful so far.

Picture from Facebook.com but I edited and reuploaded it on my own.

I think it involves a lot of teasing and hairspray and bobby pins but

1. I have fine asian hair that doesn't tease very well! Perhaps I'm not doing it right
2. I can't get bobby pins to stay up like that

This is a gorgeous but simple hairstyle and would appreciate anybody who can help me out.

08-06-2007
trendsetter

Hey ladies I found this video on youtube on hair styling tips this one was really cool its kind of like the style posted above but it is amazing how fast this guy did it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee_rDSvOSnY
fordmodels have other beauty tips on their youtube site as well
HTH!

13-06-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Goddess01 View Post
Hey ladies I found this video on youtube on hair styling tips this one was really cool its kind of like the style posted above but it is amazing how fast this guy did it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee_rDSvOSnY
fordmodels have other beauty tips on their youtube site as well
HTH!

Thanks a lot! I really love the beach style hair! It looks sooo easy when he does it!

24-06-2007
fashion icon

Does anyone know an easy way to get my hair wavy like this? My hair is really fine like Ellen's so I thought this might give it some more body.

http://img175.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_574lo.jpg

11-09-2007
backstage pass

This is a screenshot I took from the movie 'Fracture'. I instantly fell in love with this casual messy updo

Does anyone have any idea how to achieve this hairstyle?

11-09-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Goddess01 View Post
[B]Hey ladies I found this video on youtube on hair styling tips this one was really cool its kind of like the style posted above but it is amazing how fast this guy did it.

Please Do Not Quote youtube Videos.

thank you so much! i love this!

Last edited by MissMagAddict; 11-07-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Quoting youtube
11-09-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilettosAddict! View Post
This is a screenshot I took from the movie 'Fracture'. I instantly fell in love with this casual messy updo

Does anyone have any idea how to achieve this hairstyle?

LLLLLOVE IT!!

25-09-2007
fashion elite

Get the Undone Look

James Brown is Kate Moss’s best friend and the man responsible for her messy undone do. Which means he is the man we have to thank for bringing messy back, the reason we can roll out of bed, ruffle our hair and go. Well, almost.
‘I’d best describe Kate’s style as rock & roll Bardot. Marianne Faithful in the Sixties popularised this look and Kate has reinvented it for a new generation. It’s undone but ultra feminine, spontaneous and sexy.
‘Kate’s hair embodies what I wanted my hair care range to be about – simple, naturally looking sexy hair,’ he told me about his new products.
But as most of us don’t look like Kate, I wanted to know how to get that undone look. ‘It’s a really easy style to do at home because there s not a huge amount of complicated styling,’ James confided.

1 – ‘I blow dry her hair on a low level heat and speed with her head upside down, blasting the hair from all different directions to rough up the cuticles of the hair. I always use my hands at this stage rather than a brush.’
2 – ‘The head comes up and I backcomb the entire crown of the head using a touch of hairspray on my fingertips which I rub through the roots and a wide tooth comb.’
3 – ‘I brush through the hair over and over again using a Mason and Pearson natural bristle brush. And I use hairspray to achieve that all important root lift. Spray it onto your fingertips and then use your fingers to push up the roots at the crown of the head.’
4 – ‘Take a little of the styling balm and rub it between from your fingertips into the palm of your hands and rub the hair at the back of the head with the palm of your hand to create root lift on the crown, for that Bardot look, then comb over and tease out.’
  • James Brown London Hairspray £5.99, available from the 8th of October at Boots.
  • James Brown Styling Balm £5.99.
  • For more information visit www.jamesbrownlondon.com
source: beautybynadine.com

16-11-2007
windowshopping

credit: Gabriel/Bouys/AFP/Getty Images
ola, i loovvee the look of the sexy-wavy hair at the VS shows and this is just a backstage photo of how they do it!!
But I don't understand what kinda pins they are using in the hair and do i just put them in when my hair is partially dry?? her hair looks soo glossy, i love it. Also, it looks like they are using small strands of hair at the sides and large chunky pieces on top.. plus the hair on the very top don't seem to be rolled very tight.

17-11-2007
trendsetter

^yeah i try to do the same thing but my hair pins never work haha unless i dont roll it up right everything just seems to fall apart

27-11-2007
tfs star

I can see a big clip looking thing I think. You know like those metal hairdressing clips.

How can I get this hair? I want it so bad. Its not long enough yetI know but still... (pic from filmtotaal.nl)

27-03-2008
fashion insider

bump

V.I.P.

IMG_0294.jpgIMG_0104.jpg
kathyisyourfriend

This is the hair of my dreams!!! That undone curl, very MK olsen.

But how do you do your hair like this?? I'm guessing with large barrel curing irons but what else??

THANK YOU!! And karma to who ever can tell me!

V.I.P.

^ salt water and hairspray.

Put saltwater spray in your hair while it still is wet (but not right when you stepped out of the shower). Squeeze (?) your hair until it looks like you want. Finish with hairspray.

As easy as that

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hairstyles, howto