How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-12-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paprika_hiccup View Post
Then, take the hair in your hands and twist in one direction. Not tight enough to curl up and cut across the twist with sharp shears ( <--- I think that is super impt)

This method really worked for me. The bangs are not too rigid and straight across, but not so choppy that they can still look precise and slick if brushed to the side.
I don't cut my own bangs but I have heard this tip before so just wanted to second it. Also I have heard that you will get a better blend of the ends if you hold the scissors vertically when you cut (like perpendicular to your eyebrows, not parallel to them) and use a lot of tiny snips instead of a large snip. It will make it less flat and more blended.

10-12-2007
front row

I trim my own bangs all the time but I'd discourage cutting a fresh fringe yourself... when I do trim my bangs I make sure I use very delicate, very sharp scissors and trim only a tiny, tiny amount at a time. And I always cut dry. Go slow, be patient, and don't get too insanely obsessed about even-ness, otherwise you'll keep cutting and cutting until *POOF* way too short!!!

fashion elite

Has anyone tried using this? http://www.fringekit.com/

15-12-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by after__eight View Post
Has anyone tried using this? http://www.fringekit.com/
I think it just looks gimmicky but no i haven't tried it. It's $35 for the package and it includes a comb, cape, mirror, shears, instructions and guide tape. I think most people already have a mirror and comb; I don't think you need a cape for trimming your bangs; and instructions/tips can be found online for free. I don't know what the guide tape is for. I would save your money and just buy the good scissors if you don't already have some.

trendsetter

^^ But they are proper hair scissors in that kit...no?

16-02-2008
rising star

!! i love this thread, hahahah.
i've had bangs all my life, and let me tell you, i've had some miserable bangs trims over the years.
i like to cut them, nowadays, when they're down past my eyes and dry.
i alllways make sure that the sections of bangs along the sides (not within the eyebrow end to other eyebrow end range) are longer than the rest, and i cut diagonally with a small scissor at the tips.
nevvvver ever ever do i cut across anymore unless they're ridiculously long and hard to manage. i find that diagonal cutting is a lot easier since it doesn't chop off too much too quickly, and you have more control over how much hair is going into the sink.

windowshopping

this is a very helpfull video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWFcP_AJ79I

29-02-2008
oh! darling

It's already been stressed at the top of this page but,

Do not cut your bangs wet. They dry and they will dry shorter than you expected.

front row

I always cut mine dry, using manicure scissors. This way I can feather the bangs out a bit, and it always works well. I've heard that if you have really blunt bangs, using a strip of masking tape across the bangs gives a guide so you can cut them really straight.

18-04-2008
fashion insider

Growing up, I had the full out bangs. I remember one day deciding that I no longer wanted them so.... I cut them at the root. I had to wear a thick headband over the sprouting 'bangs' while they regrew.

2 years ago I got my full bangs put in for the first time since I was younger. I love them and trim them myself now (not at the root!)

rising star

I started to cut my bangs for the past year.
At first it looked real nice and all but now I really regret it because I have to wait for my bangs to grow to just "normal hair" and now I really need maintenance on my bangs, but then again i can't cut it or do anything because i have to wait for it to grow.

I hope I'm making sense haha..

V.I.P.

bump *

Does anyone know the same version of this thread , except it's for all of your hair and not just the bangs ?

http://www.thefashionspot.com/sidewa...all-or-not-177

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bangs, cut