How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-01-2007
flaunt the imperfection

that's it..
i am taking a scissor to my hair and looking for a new person......

i can't look in the mirror without getting annoyed...
i have 'hollywood hair'...

i hate it!

15-01-2007
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
he's a stubborn taurus...
Haha! Me too! So... I cut my own hair. I used to have the perfect stylist at a salon called Jet Rhys but now I've moved and I can't find anyone to do my hair like she did it... *cry* So... I give it the ole' hack job - D.I.Y style. :p

16-01-2007
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance.Is.Refusal.
im going to the hairdresser on tuesday but im booked with a different stylist. she might be better who knows the hair cut i want isnt that hard its just a bowl cut bob with an asymetrical fringe lets just hope she cuts it short enough and gives it that nice rounded look.
A perfect one length bob is probably the hardest haircut to achieve.

16-01-2007
In Bloom

You know how hairdressers insist that you should get your hair cut every 8 weeks? I cut my hair once a year, and I always get compliments for my hair. I don't really get split ends (maybe because my hair is cut in layers at the bottom, I don't know). But sometimes I get really sick of long hair

we were in love

16-01-2007
front row

I also mostly cut my hair myself after not being able to find a hairdresser I liked. Also sometimes its just easier, I can do it whenever I like. Its taken a bit of practice to get it right, but my hairs really long so there's plenty to experiment with!!

16-01-2007
meet the press

i never knew there were so many people who share the same problem ..and that i was one of them!

i think i've never ever had a hair cut that i loved. and forget about styling.. when i leave the salon it looks so picture-perfect that i can't wait to get home and de-structure it. some years ago i started styling my own hair because its natural look it's not worth seeing, but i can count the times i've looked in the mirror and said "wow, my hair looks cool" with one hand. and not that i can do less than they do in the salon, i pretty much mastered this...
a few time ago i surrendered, i haven't had a hair cut in over two years, and i'm growing it out (bangs included) into this shapeless thing. and today i pretty much made the worst mistake but dying the bottom part into a lighter version of my natural brown.

so, will i ever be 100% happy with how my hair looks? let's hope so...

tfs star

i cut my own hair sometimes...my hairdresser is pregnant and not here for a while i'm doing a good job getting my messy, effortless look down to a t, i'm not a bad haircutter at all...i should cut all yr hair!

17-05-2007
flaunt the imperfection

well- it happened again...
i now have reese witherspoon hair!!!...

which looks great on her and looks great if it is blown out perfectly...
but looks like absolute crap otherwise...

great!..

maybe i should ask for a britney spears look next time?...
buzzer please!...

18-05-2007
flaunt the imperfection

AGH!!!...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g4.jpg (105.5 KB, 15 views)

18-05-2007
& b

^

Softie have you tried vidal?

I cut and dye my own hair, I buy two colours plus a blue dye to mix in my own colour, and apply it as if it was a piece of ombre fabric. Tons of blue on the top and pitch black around my head. The look is perfect.

Hmm, if only I was going to nyc i could've cut your hair, if the idea of getting your hair done by a complete stranger doesn't creep you out already

& b

^ wait this sounds too positive.

ok, so because I cut my own hair, and I use clippers and scissors at the same time, it gets kind of uncomfortable when I have to cut the back. I have two huge mirrors in my bathroom facing eachother so I can see what im doing in the back, but dont remmeber that what im seeing, its backwards, so I mess up like there's nobody's business.

The other day I cut my hair and the safety clip came off without me noticing while I was doing my sides, and I shaved a huge piece of hair from the side... which made me very upset because until today im still filling it in with black eyeshadow :rof:

but yeah, I normally dont have so many problems but I hate my hair right now cause its sooo uneven, but the custom colour makes up for it

Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro;3144700I
cut and dye my own hair, I buy two colours plus a blue dye to mix in my own colour, and apply it as if it was a piece of ombre fabric. Tons of blue on the top and pitch black around my head. The look is perfect.
Ale! You have Superman/Wonder Woman cartoon hair! I love that! Ever since I was a little girl that's the haircolor I wanted... being blonde I'm sure that'll never happen

images from kikoosland.com and artfiles.art.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg superman.jpg (315.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg wonder woman.JPG (24.0 KB, 1 views)

pinterest : hanneonpin
19-05-2007
& b

yes!!! that's what i want!!

V.I.P.

Im considering taking clippers to my hair and just getting a short clipped look...I want to do the James Dean...How do I do that? I need to go my styliste...I kind of want longish hair...

God I hate my hair...

21-05-2007
tfs star

I cut all mine off to a bob. It's saving me a ton of money and time now. I do miss my long hair but it's just too high maintenence However, even with the bob, I can't get it to look how I want it all the time. If I don't blow dry it, I basically end up looking like Edward Scissorhands.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, hate, rant, thread