How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-05-2007
V.I.P.

I was just bored and reading an old a** issue of NYT magazin eor something and they hand an article about pompadours! So Im going to do a pompadour!! That's the end of it, Im going to Sephora today to pick up the neccessary products...Oh, Im so excited...

Last edited by softgrey; 31-05-2007 at 06:51 PM.

21-05-2007
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling View Post
I was just bored and reading an old a** issue of NYT magazin eor something and they hand an article about pompadours! So Im going to do a pompadour!! That's the end of it, Im going to Sephora today to pick up the neccessary products...Oh, Im so excited...
If you are..I urge you to make a pompadour thread.. tfs is sorely missing such a thread!

pinterest : hanneonpin

Last edited by softgrey; 31-05-2007 at 06:51 PM.
21-05-2007
V.I.P.

Ohk, it's soo not turning out well, maybe Im doing something wrong, I think my comb's teeth are too large...Right now it's somehow very large curls on top, but not a pomp curl, but just...curls...

21-05-2007
V.I.P.

ugh! i hate my hair rght now. i'm growing it out after cutting it winona ryder short, to get rid of the dyed and damaged and go back to al-natural. It's at that horrible poof stage though, too long to look nice short and too short to fake a bob, so i've been resorting to random beanies and knitting hats/berets to wear until it gets decent again....it really sucks!

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
21-05-2007
V.I.P.

Alright, im over the pomp, it aint happenin, Im goiing to grow my hair out so I can do a little ponytail in the back...

21-05-2007
V.I.P.

diorling~ i was trying to pull off one of those rocker-chic faux hawks...it failed...my hair just wont do it. that's why im growing mine out too. good luck! dont give in to the scissors!!!!!!

22-05-2007
fashion icon

i made an attempt at dying it to dark aubergine brown but my stupid hair didn't retain the dye so my hair is all darkish brown but with reddish parts and i hate it. and added to that it's transitioning from a bob to long hair so it's awful because i can't pull my hair up in pony tail yet. i hate hate it!!

trendsetter

I hate my bangs now...my hair never likes to do what I want to do with it so my bangs never turn out right! My hair is a rebel!

23-05-2007
trendsetter

i need to cut my hair because the end part of my hair is far to damaging from dying, which sucks

trendsetter

Oooo! I'm so glad i found this thread. I just need somewhere to rant, i don't care if anyone reads it.

Wednesday I went to the salon to get my hair colored. I wanted it darker ash blonde which is my natural color and golden highlights which I've gotten most of my life. I currently have dark brown hair which I dyed myself to cover up the platinum blonde I had so I could grow it out and not have dark roots. I loved the plat but it was too damaging and had to come to an end. But I wanted to go back to my natural color and grow out and eventually cut out all the hair that's been drastically processed (bleached or dyed).

So I go in there and they talk about what to do and then get started. They use a color cleanse to get the dye out first and then wash and dry my now brassy orange hair. Very ugly, but I expected that because that is usually the result of stripping dye. Then they dyed it the ash dark blonde color, when that was washed and dried, you could still see a significant amount of the orangeness in some parts so they repeated that dye once more. Five hours and 3 color processes later I sat there and looked in the mirror and started to laugh because my hair was EXACTLY the same color as it was when I walked in. Then after I laughed I started to cry. It's crazy how emotional and personal hair is. I think the truth is my hair is too poroous from bleaching it to platinum to take any color as it normally would. So my only option is to grow out the dark brown and cut it off to get back to my natural color. I was just so exhausted and frustrated and sad and defeated. Thank god they didn't charge me though. I was sitting there adding everything up in my head and getting so upset about how much money and time it was going to take to bring my hair right back to the way it was when we started. That's partly why I started crying. If they had charged me for all that I would probably never go back there. I guess it isn't their fault though and I've gone to that salon for about a year now and have been happy with them. It was just a very sad day. At least I like my hair dark as well, I just wanted to go back to my natural color.

Last edited by pinksatin; 25-05-2007 at 03:06 PM.
25-05-2007
V.I.P.

the only was to do that is to chop it all off! that's what im doing, and yes, it's a bitch to do and wait until it grows back and all of that....but since i cut it short and got to virgin hair again, i cannot and willnot give in and start dying or whatnot. i tried just gradually cutting it and cutting it as it grew out so all the processed part would eventually go away, and i could keep the length....but that wasn't working well and i kept getting temptations to dye it because it was two differenent colors. one day, i just went in and pointed to an old pic of winona ryders hair back in the day with her pixie cut. 30 minutes later, it was all gone..........

25-05-2007
trendsetter

^True. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunate?) my hair is already a pixie and only just beginning to grow out. I guess I could keep it short and keep getting trims and not dyeing it until all the dark part is gone. I think if it's shorter it may be less noticable than if you start to see the color division line growing out. It is a pain in the neck to grow out but I don't really regret the bleaching or dyeing. Both looks were terribly cute and fun to try.

V.I.P.

Im gonna gush, I totally discovered my new look...headbands, yes, I know what you're thinking, but this is a totally sexy look on me, having my hair pulled back, at least until it's long enough to pony it...

Wooo...so happy...

25-05-2007
backstage pass

[quote]i was trying to pull off one of those rocker-chic faux hawks/quote]
Oh, I used to rock one of those. It was great for two weeks and then my hair started growing. Ugh. I looked like I stole Austin Power's hair and dyed it 6 different colours. Bad!

It's currently growing out from a cute little pixie cut, and at that silly length where only 98.325% of the hair can be put up........Awkward!

31-05-2007
Deep Red Bells

I am hating my hair at the moment...
It is very thick and long and hangs like a curtain...
I need shape!!!!
I need to see my hairstylist but I am a bit broke at the moment.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, hate, rant, thread